Not applicable for Median XL Sigma.
Median XL 2017 1.3.1 PlugY and D2SE
Start with a fresh install
- Using the download links in this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofdiablo/comments/4b48oz/how_to_download_and_install_version_113/d160fdh/ You will download the DiabloII_113c_Installer.zip and LODPatch_113c.exe.
- Extract the folders Original and Expansion and install them directly on to your C: drive accordingly. (This makes the folder easier to find and you don't have to deal with User Account Permissions)
- Run the LODPatch_113c.exe to update Diablo II to 1.13c.
Now to download/install D2SE
- Download the D2SE installer D2SE_V2.2.0.exe from http://d2se.org/d2se/D2SE_V2.2.0.exe and run it.
- Set the install destination to C:\Diablo II if it was not set already.
- Accept the defaults for the next three windows by hitting Next. Then hit Install.
- Finish and close the D2SE Modmanager.
If you are only using 1.13 and/or Median XL you can save space on your hard disk (Only about 50 Mb) and declutter the D2SE Interface by navigating to C:\Diablo II\D2SE\CORES and deleting all folders EXCEPT 1.13c.
Next download the Median XL files for D2SE
- Download the files for D2SE, d2se.zip, from https://get.median-xl.com/d2se.zip.
- Extract the files from d2se.zip into the C:\Diablo II\MODS directory.
(The readme will tell you to do this AND also extract the mod files to the same folder)
So next for the mod files
- Download the Median XL 2017 files from https://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl/downloads/median-xl-13.
- It will download the file median-1.3.1.zip.
- Extract the files from median-1.3.1.zip to C:\Diablo II\MODS\D2SE - Median XL and replace the files in the destination if prompted.
Now to start the game
- Open D2SE.exe from your Desktop and you can see Median XL.
- Select Median XL and within the Display options DDraw and Glide will work inside and outside windowed mode. Select your preferred display options.
- In the System features MAKE SURE Use PlugY is also selected.
- To start the mod double click the MEDIAN XL banner or click on Start Plugin at the top.
If you start the plugin and nothing happens...
- Right click on the D2SE.exe icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the box under Compatibility mode labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
- From the drop down under the check box choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
- Hit Apply and OK.
- Run D2SE.exe again and start the plugin with MEDIAN XL selected and it should work.
Feel free to ask any questions and i can try to help. Good luck out there!