Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
rcarson15 wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:
rcarson15 wrote:I think it's incredibly dumb to have the the first TA (before norm Baal) to not yield ANY exp, but the Ennead Challenge and literally everything else does

TA challenge has maximum level requirement at the moment and requires crystals if you are overleveled. That's the reason why it does not give you any xp.

Why would there even be a max level req cap for it? lol

I am explaining to you why there is no exp, not why there's a level cap. Whether there should be a level cap is arguable. It is, however, a "level challenge". If it were possible to do it at any level without any other requirements, you could simply do it for all your characters for about 5 minutes. This challenge is not hard for any class, so I don't see a problem for it to remain like this. You even have the possibility to make it at higher levels and will just cost some extra crystals.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I feel that one of the biggest weakness of Median is that you have to tab out of the game in order to get information about basically anything. It would be great if that information could be accesible in the game.

For example you could give Greiz or whatever his name is another speech bubble tab that adds information on what skills which a2 merc uses and what those skills do.

You could also give cain who basically has no use since all items drop identified a list with all cube recipes that aren't listed already on the items themselves like the catalysts.
So you click on him, the overlay pops up where you can select "talk", "Cube recipes" and "cancel", then you click on "cube recipes" where you can find things like "Jewelcrafting", "RIP recipe", "Lottery Bonus" and so on. Then when you click on it, he lists all those things with a very slow moving speed (if it's possible it can stay still, too).

Of course this won't be possible with all information, like which afiixes tiered uniques have (unless you go through the trouble and add lots of specific subitems, which in turn would be a huge design disaster), but it would definitely help with smaller things.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:I feel that one of the biggest weakness of Median is that you have to tab out of the game in order to get information about basically anything. It would be great if that information could be accesible in the game.

For example you could give Greiz or whatever his name is another speech bubble tab that adds information on what skills which a2 merc uses and what those skills do.

You could also give cain who basically has no use since all items drop identified a list with all cube recipes that aren't listed already on the items themselves like the catalysts.
So you click on him, the overlay pops up where you can select "talk", "Cube recipes" and "cancel", then you click on "cube recipes" where you can find things like "Jewelcrafting", "RIP recipe", "Lottery Bonus" and so on. Then when you click on it, he lists all those things with a very slow moving speed (if it's possible it can stay still, too).

Of course this won't be possible with all information, like which afiixes tiered uniques have (unless you go through the trouble and add lots of specific subitems, which in turn would be a huge design disaster), but it would definitely help with smaller things.

It's a good practice to have information available in the game itself, because that makes it a lot more immersive. Yet, the mod is really complicated and the documentation is large. The information in the documentation is well organized, in my opinion, and the searching with Ctrl+F is fast. I don't think that alt-tab is that much of a deal and I'm also not sure how much implementation efforts are required. Additionally, I think documentation management on the website is a lot easier than in-game.
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
in game tool tips will never be as in depth as the documentation
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I agree with both of you, hence my suggestion.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
documentation is quite lacking in some respects too, specially on endgame gear oskills and procs. how can I know how to take advantage of some skills and procs if there's no documentation on what they do and how they scale?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:documentation is quite lacking in some respects too, specially on endgame gear oskills and procs. how can I know how to take advantage of some skills and procs if there's no documentation on what they do and how they scale?

get oskill -> read tooltip
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
Diaco wrote:documentation is quite lacking in some respects too, specially on endgame gear oskills and procs. how can I know how to take advantage of some skills and procs if there's no documentation on what they do and how they scale?

tooltips don't always show the scaling for the skill. and what about procs?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:

tooltips don't always show the scaling for the skill. and what about procs?

In top menu on forum "Game - Wiki". There you can find all skills (not actual numbers and how they scale with level but at least what they doing)..
There was "skill calculator tool" long time ago. No idea why it removed now.

PS: Also i really miss oskill/proc list from very old Ult docs. I mean page that was listing oskills/procs with items where they can be found.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It seems to me that physical damage from wdm skills is fundamentally broken. So far I've tested only 4 skills (Rend, Storm Crows, Wraithsword and Earthquake), that is it was a 2 different skill functions, i.e. SrvDoFunc = 8 (vanilla multiple shot) and SrvDoFunc = 11 (vanilla charged strike). Judging by the results and considering the fact that these skills should not have any specific hardcoded behavior (at least when it comes to a damage evaluation) I can conclude that any wdm skill could be busted exactly the same way.

My issue is that I couldn't get the expected raw damage output from these skills in the current version of Sigma. I was using somewhat comparable and sort of realistic setup while I was testing Wraithsword and Rend. It wasn't minmaxed setup but the difference between the expected and the actual damage was quite substantial: it was around 9% more damage in the first case and around 73% (!) more damage in the second one. I haven't tested Storm Crows and Earthquake thoroughly, yet the difference was significant enough to explain it by integer arithmetic and rounding.

Just to be sure that I'm not mistaken I replicated this experiment on MXL17 and my estimated damage was confirmed by the actual numbers in game. I was using exactly the same skills (same SrcDam, HitShift, etc.) with exactly the same setup (same stats, same skill level, etc.), that is I highly doubt that something went wrong all things considered.

I have no idea what could be the reason behind this deviation, but if damage doesn't want to obey the conventional rules, there is definitely something wrong with the game.