316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
akbugger wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:The ice and lightning totems are basically only distractions and a trap for players who have no idea what they're doing, or lack experience with that build.

Imo this isn't a totemancer build issue, it's a general Median XL issue. There are classes like amazon which lock the trees so it's fairly obvious where your points should go, but some others are full of noob traps. Clawsin is a perfect example. You *need* Shadow Refuge, which is under "Naginata" tree.
I remember playing a naginata assassin as my first Median character. I would have never imagined that this build relies on a throwing(!) tree skill (Broadside) to deal any resonable damage to boss-type enemies. It's very unintuitive for a new player to understand such stuff. Necro builds can get even worse. Should I max Parasite? Is Death Ward good or should I put more into Deathlord? Hey look, there's a passive +fire damage on the crossbow tree....

The part you're considering a problem is what make skillplan interesting to me
In my view, Amazon is the most boring class ever, I really don't like how simple the tree is, and even more the fact that it lock you into it. I, too, when I started the game with a nagi in 1.0, used nothing but ninja tree, and did not even know you could use crucify, let alone broadside. Now in a playthough I litteraly use every tree and push every possibility to the maximum. The build have lots of ways of playing it, personnals preferences, and some skills nobody care that I still will use (batstrike for exemple). This, this part is interesting to me. Having a litteral "put your points here, it's the only spam skill that do all content kappa" is... Well I understand some builds and persons need it, it's ok, but if it become the norm I might just stop a game I love. Just like that.

Having litteraly useless totems is another issue entierely though, most skills should be interesting to max at least in one circonstance, if only one totem work it's no good I agree
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Lynderika wrote:
akbugger wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:The ice and lightning totems are basically only distractions and a trap for players who have no idea what they're doing, or lack experience with that build.

Imo this isn't a totemancer build issue, it's a general Median XL issue. There are classes like amazon which lock the trees so it's fairly obvious where your points should go, but some others are full of noob traps. Clawsin is a perfect example. You *need* Shadow Refuge, which is under "Naginata" tree.
I remember playing a naginata assassin as my first Median character. I would have never imagined that this build relies on a throwing(!) tree skill (Broadside) to deal any resonable damage to boss-type enemies. It's very unintuitive for a new player to understand such stuff. Necro builds can get even worse. Should I max Parasite? Is Death Ward good or should I put more into Deathlord? Hey look, there's a passive +fire damage on the crossbow tree....

The part you're considering a problem is what make skillplan interesting to me
In my view, Amazon is the most boring class ever, I really don't like how simple the tree is, and even more the fact that it lock you into it. I, too, when I started the game with a nagi in 1.0, used nothing but ninja tree, and did not even know you could use crucify, let alone broadside. Now in a playthough I litteraly use every tree and push every possibility to the maximum. The build have lots of ways of playing it, personnals preferences, and some skills nobody care that I still will use (batstrike for exemple). This, this part is interesting to me. Having a litteral "put your points here, it's the only spam skill that do all content kappa" is... Well I understand some builds and persons need it, it's ok, but if it become the norm I might just stop a game I love. Just like that.

Having litteraly useless totems is another issue entierely though, most skills should be interesting to max at least in one circonstance, if only one totem work it's no good I agree

Don't get me wrong - I've nothing against "freedom of choice" or complicated builds nobody uses, quite the opposite.
I'm saying that some stuff is simply not "noob-friendly" by any means. I mean, for naginata u'll be skilling ultimate throwing skill, which is in turn pretty useless for an actuall throwsin, which in turn should be skilling 2nd naginata skill for defence. It doesn't make sense. Let alone when u first start to play this game.
P.S. I don't really see Amazons as boring. Every tree, even if locked, has couple of builds available; I'd say she's probably the most versatile character in the game :)
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Flat AR Bonus from CoL has a cap that is not displayed in the skill description. When going over a certain value the AR Bonus in skill description increases, too but the actual applied AR Bonus does not.
I have not determined exact numbers but my guess is 32767 aka 2^15 -1.
LOKI666
Abomination
146 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Heretic reanimates from Kabraxis trophy don't work now ... like week or so. :cry:
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
In the Act 2 Tomb Lab map, Ouov Tsin (and probably other teleporting bosses) can teleport out of bounds in some parts of the map.
However you yourself can also port outside and chase them back in that way.

Also Gharbad the Weak (probs for putting him and parts of the dialogue into the game) description says "drops set items" but it actually happens very infrequently, is this working as intended ?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
uberecht wrote:...

Also Gharbad the Weak (probs for putting him and parts of the dialogue into the game) description says "drops set items" but it actually happens very infrequently, is this working as intended ?

Fragment drop eats the item drops. If an item base without set version is selected, it will drop as failed set item in magic tier with doubled base durability.
Afaik this is a d2 mechanic.
skvorjov
Fallen
1 | 0
mercenaries in act two. Shapeshifter. when i tried open his inventory, game closing
nobodysomebody
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Whirlpool skill has some kind of animation/attack time bug, you are stuck standing still for a period of time (about half the length of the "foom" sound effect).
How to replicate: Acquire Whirlpool oskill, attempt to whirlpool an enemy and then immediately move away. Compare with attempting the same thing using a normal attack. You should be stuck standing next to the enemy for around a half-second with Whirlpool. Alternative method is to try alternating between two melee attacks, and compare that with alternating between a melee attack and whirlpool.
I tested this online with a frame-capped amazon, low damage t1 scepter and a t1 spear, and experience it in actual play.

The Fury buff from Pounce causes an attack/cast speed/animation glitch. When under Fury (specifically from Pounce, GH version of the buff is fine) if you attack without pause you will only get one real attack per two attack animations.
How to replicate: Pounce on an enemy, stay in place long enough to activate Fury, continuously attack an enemy with any skill, visual effects will occur but you will do no damage on every second attack. It also affects casting, which can be tested by pouncing an enemy and then casting fire elementals continuously under the buff, a fire elemental will not appear every 2nd casting.
I tested this online and in SP, framecapped and not, and experience it in actual play.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I finally found out what causes the necromancer bug where you can't switch areas, click on the inifuss tree or interact with anything special (not including the most important things like chests and loot) at all outside of town which I talked about about half a year ago already. It happens only when you select a totem on the left mouse button. It just so happens that when you click on something your character will walk around it, but not actually interact with it. That includes stairs (like the area stairs from Jail 1 to Jail 2 or from where the ancients spawn to Worldstone keep level 1)and also things like the Inifuss tree.

Easy fix is to switch weapons until this bug is fixed completely.
nobodysomebody
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Amazon's Neutral tree seems somewhat anemic. In particular, having two effectively mutually-exclusive skills in Balance and Ecstatic Frenzy is especially unfortunate. Amazon in most cases only uses two trees to begin with, and neutral makes up one of those trees every time, therefore 'losing' one of those neutral skill slots in such a way is quite significant. Since the two skills don't work at the same time anyway, couldn't they just be combined into one toggle that works off the same skill?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a neutral skill that interacts with your non-neutral skill choices in a more overt way. For example it gets a new effect based on the devotion passive you pick. Alternatively, a neutral skill that synergizes pre-devotion skills, which would then be the most powerful with a devotionless zon would also be neat. In general, I think spicing up Neutral tree would do a lot for the class as a whole.