Game is unplayable in Hardcore

Discuss Median XL!
Impulse_
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Cheno wrote:The hardcore problem doesn't really get into effect until level 115-120+ and even then, some people manage to make it work. It will most likely never be balanced and that's why people keep saying that if you don't know what you're doing, then you shouldn't be playing hardcore. If you don't have the tools to make it work, then it's not for you.

This.

Cheno wrote:You sign up for a shitty deal and see how far you can push yourself. If you don't like those terms, then you should not play hardcore Median.

...and that for sure.

Elendilli wrote:the main issue stems from a lack of information.

Totally agreed. Lack of information is the reason why i was raped 2 more times.

Mr_Bill wrote:What I did say -- and what is demonstrably true -- is that many of these quests are suicidally difficult, for some builds, in Hardcore, to the point where even trying the game in Hardcore is often a frustrating, unenjoyable waste of time.

NM isn't difficult, all you need is good connection, concentration and knowledge.

Also some visual stuff can make it worse - like slow attack frames on spearzo synced with some enemies animation or lemures gfx on pally where you can't clearly see the stuff under it.
Mr_Bill wrote:Want to know what I'm talking about? This guy is a well-known Median player who streams constantly and knows the game very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtplMTdvxN8
(The fun starts at about 15.05 of the video.)

That guy dying even in Toraja :lol: his playstyle is nothing about hardcore. He's not prepared and just ok with corpserushing strategy at all.
I did a bunch of HC builds which i've never played before this season (like malice, wolf dudu, bear dudu, psn dudu, clawsin, melee nec, javazon and bowzon for example) just to test these builds. And had no hard times in NM at all except for spearzon (which can also be played but in some boredomish superduperovergeared safe manner).
Mr_Bill wrote:The answer to all of this should be obvious : Hardcore and Softcore Median should be different games with different levels of difficulty, appropriate to realistic estimates of character strength and durability (for players of AVERAGE competence... not the tiny few who play the game obsessively and who know every last trick around), at each quest or challenge level. Either that, or the devs should just call a spade a spade and drop Hardcore mode altogether.

MXL isn't balanced any precisely which isn't bad just a fact you have to take into account before starting, but you can have fun on 90% of builds.
Yes, there are some roulette places like viz-jun or ureh (where danger can also be minimized with proper speccing) or high level labs/ubers but in general it's pretty easy to get clvl 125.
Also i feel like leveling speed is bit better now than one year ago.
schroedinger wrote:If you check the ladder in HC, you will notice some people reaching 140s EVERY season. So, no, it is not that difficult, it just requires some practice, patience and knowledge of the game.

Yeah and partly it's just like pointless (for me) leveling in Fauzt, just to get 140 - so easy (on good builds), so boring.

Did some 120+ charms for such players when they were on high 130s.
Wondering how many Atanna Khan hc kills were done done this season. Is it more than 1? :P
schroedinger wrote:PS: never died because of ping/latency/lag issue

It's like x2.5 less than my deaths caused by agressive playstyle but still a thing. Just two rips because of ping issues (out of 16 total).
Also had 1 horrible death caused by bugged portal and 2 deaths were just weird - like geared hammerzon instagib on Zoltan :lol:

One more thing i really missing is some better muling system. Shrine stacks are great but it's not enough.
And making muling system here (and keeping it clear and fastly accessible) is most boring hc thing at all.
Thanks @Aahz, TSW stats exists - that helps to save some extra time.