Necro Build - Whats New?

Discuss Median XL!
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
So after a few years of derping on random lacklustre RPG's I am returning to my roots. I enjoyed Necro builds from back in Eastern Sun days and obviously a lot has changed in Median Xl. Any advice for interesting Necro builds I can start this evening when I throw myself back into the realms of Diablo. I like to plan builds out before playthroughs from a skills and appropriate items perspective so any help would be appreciated....and go. :)
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
melee
crossbow
pure summoner
pure totem
summon/totem hybrid
caster (added recently no idea how playable it is)
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks for the post.
I am leaning towards crossbow; any suggestions on passives that would work well so I have a balanced melee and "defensive" capability when it comes to mobs. I'm assuming there are skills for dealing spam damage with a crossbow; but from a defensive/passive offensive perspective any recommendations?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
mahitovec wrote:caster (added recently no idea how playable it is)
it's quite strong ;) with help from oskills ... there is one in my compilation
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
tbh i didnt play xbow nec for ages, but you should max dragonfire oil and famine for sure. back in time ppl abused ratma chosen, but now its nerfed and not that great, so you could go death ward. 1 point graveyard. no idea how many points into voodoo shot and bane tho
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks for the help, I would flow a cookie your way but apparently I need to have one first before I can send one... :p
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Now you have two cookies :p
MUS01
Cog
203 | 3
Chris_Kush wrote:Thanks for the post.
I am leaning towards crossbow; any suggestions on passives that would work well so I have a balanced melee and "defensive" capability when it comes to mobs. I'm assuming there are skills for dealing spam damage with a crossbow; but from a defensive/passive offensive perspective any recommendations?

Max Dragon Fire oil, Famine, and get 50%slow of talon's hold. Abuse of Fragmentation shot(1 point wonder). Uberskill: death ward of course. You don't need Ennead Challenge skill. 1 of most cheap builds That I've played.

Other way of play Xbow necro is using the forst skill maxed for 1 shot mobs and bosses. Fun and cheap build, really.

The last is the Vodoo shot necro.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks man, I did level 0 challenge last night and going for voodoo shot necro.