My journeys through this mod, SP and MP

Discuss Median XL!
DiabloDwarf
Bone Archer
70 | -1
Are there any specific gear recommendations?
paolo12
Bone Archer
75 | 5
DiabloDwarf
Bone Archer
70 | -1
Anybody ever have an issue where their merc becomes dumb as a post?
Bliyadolubov
Balrog
121 | 2
DiabloDwarf wrote:Anybody ever have an issue where their merc becomes dumb as a post?

often It happens when you run too fast and too far from merc or without a reason. Need to use teleport or town portal to fix it.
DiabloDwarf
Bone Archer
70 | -1
What kind of damage does Diablo do? And will 77% fire resist be enough in case it is fire damage?
Mehasto
Balrog
120 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I believe it’s fire and lightning. +75 in both and you’re good to go
Mr_Bill
Jungle Hunter
28 | -8
DiabloDwarf wrote:What kind of damage does Diablo do? And will 77% fire resist be enough in case it is fire damage?


Basically, for Normal-Mode Diablo :

* You had better have at least 75% Fire and Lightening resistance. Any less than that and his Fire Nova can hurt you badly (probably not an insta-gib, but badly enough that another clean hit would kill you).

* If he lands a clean hit on you (whether or not you have 75%+ fire resist) with his Flamestrike, you die. (Instantly.) (Which, by the way, makes fighting him as an ordinarily-geared melee character, completely suicidal. I have had Barbarians with 2,800 hit points and 77% Fire Resist, plus a little Fire Absorb, 1-shotted by this Flamestrike.)

* If he lands a clean hit on you (again, assuming you have max normal resist) with his Pink Hose of Lightening Death, you MAY survive for a second, but not more than that. (This attack is lethal if you are standing too close to Diablo when he uses it, but it can be survived if you are only hit by the far end of it.)

* If he Bone Prisons you and you don't INSTANTLY teleport away (switch weapons to Pax Mystica staff and Blink), you will be Flamestriked, you die.

The best strategy is to first throw a town portal near his central area (he seems to waste Bone Prisons on TPs in that area, a lot) and run around the central area, taking pot shots at him but NEVER staying in one spot more than a second at a time. (You stand still, you will be Flamestriked, you die.) Eventually you should be able to whittle him down, but don't forget that when you chug a healing potion, it temporarily impedes your movement speed, which can be fatal if it slows you down enough for Diablo to catch up to you.

Think we're done yet? Not on your (short) life. Just WAIT until you encounter Nightmare or Hell, Median Diablo. They have millions of hit points, do unbelievable amounts of damage very quickly, and can easily 1-shot all but the most well-geared characters, who are managed by a very experienced and attentive human player. That's Median for you, my friend.
Semigloss
Core Lord
393 | 13
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
^ this is a bit exaggerated, don't you think? Specially since they toned him down two patches ago.
Diaco
Onyx Knight
619 | 15
Mr_Bill wrote:
DiabloDwarf wrote:What kind of damage does Diablo do? And will 77% fire resist be enough in case it is fire damage?


Basically, for Normal-Mode Diablo :

* You had better have at least 75% Fire and Lightening resistance. Any less than that and his Fire Nova can hurt you badly (probably not an insta-gib, but badly enough that another clean hit would kill you).

* If he lands a clean hit on you (whether or not you have 75%+ fire resist) with his Flamestrike, you die. (Instantly.) (Which, by the way, makes fighting him as an ordinarily-geared melee character, completely suicidal. I have had Barbarians with 2,800 hit points and 77% Fire Resist, plus a little Fire Absorb, 1-shotted by this Flamestrike.)

* If he lands a clean hit on you (again, assuming you have max normal resist) with his Pink Hose of Lightening Death, you MAY survive for a second, but not more than that. (This attack is lethal if you are standing too close to Diablo when he uses it, but it can be survived if you are only hit by the far end of it.)

* If he Bone Prisons you and you don't INSTANTLY teleport away (switch weapons to Pax Mystica staff and Blink), you will be Flamestriked, you die.

The best strategy is to first throw a town portal near his central area (he seems to waste Bone Prisons on TPs in that area, a lot) and run around the central area, taking pot shots at him but NEVER staying in one spot more than a second at a time. (You stand still, you will be Flamestriked, you die.) Eventually you should be able to whittle him down, but don't forget that when you chug a healing potion, it temporarily impedes your movement speed, which can be fatal if it slows you down enough for Diablo to catch up to you.

Think we're done yet? Not on your (short) life. Just WAIT until you encounter Nightmare or Hell, Median Diablo. They have millions of hit points, do unbelievable amounts of damage very quickly, and can easily 1-shot all but the most well-geared characters, who are managed by a very experienced and attentive human player. That's Median for you, my friend.


This is incredibly inaccurate and exaggerated. Any character and/or build can beat hell diablo in tiered uniques. Baal is another story.
DiabloDwarf
Bone Archer
70 | -1
Diablo got waxed. I died multiple times in the process, but I eventually got him.