Deathlord morph doesn't work

Discuss Median XL!
BangBangBang
Skeleton
2 | 0
changed mind
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
469 | 58
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BangBangBang wrote:
Elendilli wrote: It's also worth noting that every form of 1H Necro is practically useless (cost and dex-based gear availability on the rare/expensive side is a thing btw) in this game for completing content (not including hardcore) because 2H Necro can clear 90% of the game content except Uldyssian.


While I haven't tried lab with 2h necro, clearing Uldyssian with it isn't the hardest thing in the world. My gear isn't even that good yet either.


it isn't impossible but rather inconsistent to do it on 2h scythe. edyrems will destroy you if they hit you and if you die to uldyssian you heal him (dying to edyrems doesn't heal him). 2h more of a rng corpse run (which essentially makes it really really bad) whereas just equipping 1h dagger you can literally afk the fight with 75% block and infinite lifesteal ignoring edyrems outright.

lab with 2h necro isn't bad until reds but eventually you'll notice the innate lack of %physical resist on your character making gear choices biased towards %physical resist and filling a lot more sockets with +max resists pgems due to the lack of a 2% max res shield. the main problem for me was choosing between %phyiscal resist and %max resists for gear choices because you can't have both unless you run
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
and
Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 531
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
-25% Cast Speed
1% Base Block Chance
-50% to Spell Damage
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life (10 to 15)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Slows Attacker by 25%
Socketed (4)
which 2h necro will miss out on but thankfully the change to
The Sleep
The Sleep
Required Level: 125
Cube with Trophy to Awaken
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Maximum Fire Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Lightning Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Poison Resist +(0 to 1)%
gives you 1% extra max resists this time around so the potential still exists for 2h necro but like I said you will for sure run into a %physical resist problem and it's mostly the fault of the Necromancer class because it is the only class in the game that doesn't have innate %physical resist on any of its skills sadly but at least you have high armor to make up for a critical defensive deficit. the answer is, will it be enough? probably not for mid-high red labs (at least reliably).
BangBangBang
Skeleton
2 | 0
Elendilli wrote:
BangBangBang wrote:
Elendilli wrote: It's also worth noting that every form of 1H Necro is practically useless (cost and dex-based gear availability on the rare/expensive side is a thing btw) in this game for completing content (not including hardcore) because 2H Necro can clear 90% of the game content except Uldyssian.


While I haven't tried lab with 2h necro, clearing Uldyssian with it isn't the hardest thing in the world. My gear isn't even that good yet either.


it isn't impossible but rather inconsistent to do it on 2h scythe. edyrems will destroy you if they hit you and if you die to uldyssian you heal him (dying to edyrems doesn't heal him). 2h more of a rng corpse run (which essentially makes it really really bad) whereas just equipping 1h dagger you can literally afk the fight with 75% block and infinite lifesteal ignoring edyrems outright.

lab with 2h necro isn't bad until reds but eventually you'll notice the innate lack of %physical resist on your character making gear choices biased towards %physical resist and filling a lot more sockets with +max resists pgems due to the lack of a 2% max res shield. the main problem for me was choosing between %phyiscal resist and %max resists for gear choices because you can't have both unless you run
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
and
Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 531
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
-25% Cast Speed
1% Base Block Chance
-50% to Spell Damage
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life (10 to 15)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Slows Attacker by 25%
Socketed (4)
which 2h necro will miss out on but thankfully the change to
The Sleep
The Sleep
Required Level: 125
Cube with Trophy to Awaken
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Maximum Fire Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Lightning Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Poison Resist +(0 to 1)%
gives you 1% extra max resists this time around so the potential still exists for 2h necro but like I said you will for sure run into a %physical resist problem and it's mostly the fault of the Necromancer class because it is the only class in the game that doesn't have innate %physical resist on any of its skills sadly but at least you have high armor to make up for a critical defensive deficit. the answer is, will it be enough? probably not for mid-high red labs (at least reliably).


I understand this - your point was that 1h necro is practically useless outside of Uld and labs because 2h does everything else equivalently (or better) for cheaper - I was pointing out that even in Uld 2h necro can clear it given enough effort - and as you just pointed out, 2h necro is good for labs until reds - so I agree with you, 1h necro is more expensive and only has a niche in very specific situations, even beyond what you had initially pointed out. I changed my mind about 2h and Uld though as farming Uld in 5 minutes or less as 1h is different than 15-20 minutes as 2h. To be fair, 1h is mostly more expensive than 2h because it is stronger in the endgame, though.
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
469 | 58
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BangBangBang wrote:
Elendilli wrote:
BangBangBang wrote:
Elendilli wrote: It's also worth noting that every form of 1H Necro is practically useless (cost and dex-based gear availability on the rare/expensive side is a thing btw) in this game for completing content (not including hardcore) because 2H Necro can clear 90% of the game content except Uldyssian.


While I haven't tried lab with 2h necro, clearing Uldyssian with it isn't the hardest thing in the world. My gear isn't even that good yet either.


it isn't impossible but rather inconsistent to do it on 2h scythe. edyrems will destroy you if they hit you and if you die to uldyssian you heal him (dying to edyrems doesn't heal him). 2h more of a rng corpse run (which essentially makes it really really bad) whereas just equipping 1h dagger you can literally afk the fight with 75% block and infinite lifesteal ignoring edyrems outright.

lab with 2h necro isn't bad until reds but eventually you'll notice the innate lack of %physical resist on your character making gear choices biased towards %physical resist and filling a lot more sockets with +max resists pgems due to the lack of a 2% max res shield. the main problem for me was choosing between %phyiscal resist and %max resists for gear choices because you can't have both unless you run
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
and
Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 531
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
-25% Cast Speed
1% Base Block Chance
-50% to Spell Damage
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life (10 to 15)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Slows Attacker by 25%
Socketed (4)
which 2h necro will miss out on but thankfully the change to
The Sleep
The Sleep
Required Level: 125
Cube with Trophy to Awaken
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Maximum Fire Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Lightning Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Poison Resist +(0 to 1)%
gives you 1% extra max resists this time around so the potential still exists for 2h necro but like I said you will for sure run into a %physical resist problem and it's mostly the fault of the Necromancer class because it is the only class in the game that doesn't have innate %physical resist on any of its skills sadly but at least you have high armor to make up for a critical defensive deficit. the answer is, will it be enough? probably not for mid-high red labs (at least reliably).


I understand this - your point was that 1h necro is practically useless outside of Uld and labs because 2h does everything else equivalently (or better) for cheaper - I was pointing out that even in Uld 2h necro can clear it given enough effort - and as you just pointed out, 2h necro is good for labs until reds - so I agree with you, 1h necro is more expensive and only has a niche in very specific situations, even beyond what you had initially pointed out. I changed my mind about 2h and Uld though as farming Uld in 5 minutes or less as 1h is different than 15-20 minutes as 2h. To be fair, 1h is mostly more expensive than 2h because it is stronger in the endgame, though.


Sounds about right. I completely agree with all you've said.
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6672 | 301
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the morph was removed, as many other morphs because they were "ugly" and unaesthetic to the mod's progression. higher playerbase was more inclined to see the scythe they were swinging instead of guy with a tiny sword in armor. It was a design choice based on how the mod is evolving.
Diaco
Daystar
670 | 17
Crash wrote:the morph was removed, as many other morphs because they were "ugly" and unaesthetic to the mod's progression. higher playerbase was more inclined to see the scythe they were swinging instead of guy with a tiny sword in armor. It was a design choice based on how the mod is evolving.


Wait, so people wanted to see the scythe over having two less frames per attack??? That's insane
User avatar
Helzopro
Djinn
531 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Wait, so people wanted to see the scythe over having two less frames per attack??? That's insane


?? necro was given the extra fpa that deathlord gave (-:
Jovoman
Balrog
125 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Diaco wrote:
Crash wrote:the morph was removed, as many other morphs because they were "ugly" and unaesthetic to the mod's progression. higher playerbase was more inclined to see the scythe they were swinging instead of guy with a tiny sword in armor. It was a design choice based on how the mod is evolving.


Wait, so people wanted to see the scythe over having two less frames per attack??? That's insane



Lel
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
469 | 58
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
putting aside the Deathlord morph fhr frame being 1 lower along with superior cast speed (which can literally only be used to teleport), I feel like Deathlord is just too iconic to the Melee Necromancer class. i mean yeah you can't see yourself swinging your scythe or see your dyed items but that's only during the Morph. It's not like you're permanently morphed unlike
The Defiler
The Defiler
Hexblade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (155 - 193) to (342 - 417)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 463
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Parasite Gains 6 Additional Targets
Deathlord Morph
+(1 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (90 to 115)-(220 to 270) damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
(10 to 15)% Deadly Strike
Socketed (3)
. I remember very often I kept forgetting that the 10 minute duration of my Deathlord was over and the only way to tell visually other than peeking at buffs was looking at the super transparent halo above my characters head which is pretty hard to notice tbh so I'd often just play the game for a few more minutes without even knowing the buff wore off. I suppose that's another advantage to the morph but that's just really an afterthought. What I really care about is the morph and that it's just... really really iconic like i don't know what else to say

oh and the paladin morph was and looked like dogshit in my opinion but the necromancer one wasn't so.. yeah. u can flame me in discord about the paladin one i suppose

Image