Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
nickler wrote:
boozek wrote:
Milkshake wrote:The offscreen invis barrels is still the most imbalanced thing in this game. Tired of not being able to play with my group past 120 because of them. Can you either fix them or replace them with something equally powerful (but not retardedly broken)?

You cannot "see" invisible barrels if you dont have friends, that is my hot fix.

Playing solo significantly reduces the invisible barrel issues, but does not completely prevent it from happening. If you get close enough to a mob to make it throw a barrel but quickly backtrack, that barrel will never render.

I am not sure if that's true, but reanimates/minions/mercs can trigger the events while you are off-range.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
The thing with invisible spells/projectiles is honestly very common but in most places it doesn't matter. A very common example is in act 5 with the offscreen catapults that deals AOE damage, there's a ton of damage applied there with no animation, at all (it's possible that it's a different mechanic but it appears the same). Belial has this problem a lot too, stay offscreen from Belial but close enough for him to cast spells while staying still and you will get bombarded by invisible spells. It's not a problem with dunc barrels (which are totally fine if you know what you're doing) and entirely an engine problem that may be very hard or impossible to fix.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Barrel that 1HKO in Ultimative - no complain
Fixed barrel that deal decent dmg in Sigma - nerf when

This reminds me about how easy Triune is rn after many nerf but there is always ppl complain about it. I wish sb, Marco bring back old ubers with 1HKO cuz people complain anyways no matter how hard you nerf the ubers.

Not trying to offend but better learn how to move smart instead of complaining tbh.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CallMeCrazySam wrote:The idea of "nerfing them", which they already have been, is just a bandaid and the same issue will continue to pop up. A better argument would be for some type of rework to the barrels and actual suggestions that would improve gameplay in Duncraig.

Actually, that's exactly what he was saying in his first post. I know, the title of the thread was the cause for all the confusion, but if you read the first post even once, anyone should quickly notice that he doesn't actually want the barrels to be nerfed, but instead reworked.

Wrong choice of words I guess.

I guess that goes to show how people only read the title nowadays :D
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pinball wrote:Barrel that 1HKO in Ultimative - no complain
Fixed barrel that deal decent dmg in Sigma - nerf when

This reminds me about how easy Triune is rn after many nerf but there is always ppl complain about it. I wish sb, Marco bring back old ubers with 1HKO cuz people complain anyways no matter how hard you nerf the ubers.

Not trying to offend but better learn how to move smart instead of complaining tbh.

I don't think anyone is complaining about barrels in the sense that they're a hard mechanic. They're just complaining about the unrendered off-screen bug which affects group play in the area. Basically if someone doesn't stick close enough to the group they get killed with 0 indication and it's frustrating. Personally doesn't affect me as I never farm in groups outside of Labs but yeah it's always been an issue.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Pinball wrote:
This reminds me about how easy Triune is rn after many nerf but there is always ppl complain about it.

Well, its mostly the bugs they complain about, that lucion just takes no damage, and thats fair.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
in theory there was an experimental change last patch that possibly "fixed" invisible barrels in dunc. So this made no difference at all? (note that barrels could be "invisible" because too many players spamming stuff, im talking about them being 100% invisible, not hard to see.)
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I think only the barrel nova is visible, but the fuse and the barrel arent.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Seems like most people here are missing the actual complaint.

It isn't the damage the barrels do, it has to do with barrels landing offscreen not being rendered for the player. You get hit with a barrel that you literally have no indication that it exists until you get hit with it.

It is a bug due to engine limitations and one that will probably never be fixed (it applies to more than just barrels).

The idea of "nerfing them", which they already have been, is just a bandaid and the same issue will continue to pop up. A better argument would be for some type of rework to the barrels and actual suggestions that would improve gameplay in Duncraig.

Thanks for being the first person in this thread with critical thinking skills.

Marco wrote:in theory there was an experimental change last patch that possibly "fixed" invisible barrels in dunc. So this made no difference at all? (note that barrels could be "invisible" because too many players spamming stuff, im talking about them being 100% invisible, not hard to see.)

Not sure when that was implemented, but pretty sure they're still invisible.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:in theory there was an experimental change last patch that possibly "fixed" invisible barrels in dunc. So this made no difference at all? (note that barrels could be "invisible" because too many players spamming stuff, im talking about them being 100% invisible, not hard to see.)

there was still a pretty big issue dealing with barrels being thrown at player one, and then player two is a screen or so behind because just slower or stopped for an item, so player two never saw it. same issue as always, not rendering, but whatever fix you guys did seemed to fix it partially but not fully.

as it stands, player one will always be in a better spot because he/she can see the barrels land and actively more forward, while anyone not directly standing and moving with them will be at the disadvantage of either not seeing it (i.e. the throw, the landing, the fuse, or the explosion, usually the fuse/explosion arent rendered if i remember correctly but the barrel is visible on the floor) or seeing it and having to wait for the explosion while player one continues to advance forward.

barrels don't need nerfed, just engine limits not being capable of storing the barrel as an item on the array for the next player to see all missile mechanics. (however it works, i just tossed in some words in this sentence to sound intelligent)