Questions about toraja/great runes

Discuss Median XL!
JodaVz
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Soo, I've been playing melee necro, got full rhatma's, 23 charms, about 200 sigs eaten. My goal is to get all the great runes to make disco inferno RW in chestplate. My question is : Should i respec to summoner/totemancer (although i have 0 idea how to play that), or would it be possible for me to farm toraja with my current setup? Another questions, what's the drop chance for great runes there?
Thank you
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
From my experience, full Rathma's set works much better in Toraja than if you were using Chthon/Seven Heads/Dragon God scythes. Another good variant is Whirlpool oskill from rare/crafted boots but is trickier to use because the vortex often covers important parts of the screen and you cannot see upcoming arrows...

You should not respec to summoner unless you can make good crafted items with %minion stats (having about 50 minions summoned is only half of success because those arrows will hit your minions very hard).

Totemancer can achieve the same (or faster) killspeed but is squishy - will require you to always stay behind minion's/Edyrem back, otherwise you'll get wrecked in a second.

With 23 charms and 200 sigs (and, most likely, 10k+ life) you should not experience any problems as long as you keep Edyrem summoned.
JodaVz
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I have 10k life, 660k def, 40k AR. My problem is resummoning the edyrams. I have really small cast speed. Any way to get around that? Another thing, what is the chance of shaad droping? I saw that shaad is worth like 400-500 TG!? how is that even possible...
Kristviljan
Skeleton
2 | 0
Sha'ad runes are exceedingly rare in comparison to the other GRs that drop in toraja. Me and 2 of my friends have farmed toraja non stop for a week and have gotten 0 Sha'ads but I think like 10 of the other GRs. That's why Sha'ads are so expensive.
JodaVz
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Ouh jesus...
Well, getting that RW might prove to be harder then i thought
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
@jodaVz, i was farming Toraja with melee necro with much less stats than yours easy.
I think in deathlord form resummoning edyrems is not that slow and also
What helped me, was extra points in talons hold and sacrifices. You can give it a try.
JodaVz
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
O, yea, I could spam sacrifices and get reanimates to spawn in. that could work actually.
Ill give it a try soonish and let you know :)