Xbow Necromancer

APAKane
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Moasseman wrote:
APAKane wrote:Is it really worth to put 6/13 points into a 4%/strike proc skill?
What does that actually math out to in terms of extra damage/Leeching?

In a single target situation with no other procs than Flametail (worst case scenario, never true while farming), Hwanin's proc is >25% of all leech you have

25 average Widow bolts to proc it once, 60% WDM per bolt, 20% leech-able damage casue of conversion: 25 * 60 * 0.2 = 300 leech-able WDM. 1 Hwanin proc = 100 leech-able WDM

This is also assuming that the Flametail will not proc itself, which is also an unrealistic situation.

Now if we say that the proc hits 5 enemies (pretty norm in Dunc/Fauzt), the amount of leech Hwanin is to thank for becomes 500 WDM units. That's 62.5% of your leech

Now I'm gonna stop doing math here because it'll hurt my head to continue but consider the following points:

Hwanin can proc itself.
    Every on-striking proc you have magnifies the amount of on-striking procs happening
    Hwanin's AoE is not shabby with 14/28 points in Flametail

and most importantly, Hwanin has NO CONVERSION. A big reason leeching with Widowmaker sucks currently is not because you don't deal enough physical damage with it, it's that you deal too much magic/fire. The mobs simply die before you can properly leech out of them

Hmmm thank you for this explanation. I'm still curious though if the extra projectiles are worth 6 skill points each? I guess if they can all proc themselves as well..
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
APAKane wrote:Hmmm thank you for this explanation. I'm still curious though if the extra projectiles are worth 6 skill points each? I guess if they can all proc themselves as well..

They're worth just because you don't get a lot out of those points in other places. If we had actually good places to put em in, it'd be debatable.
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
I don't even get how you're talking about "7 or 14 points". For farming purpose (e.g. high-player Fauzt) its an easy 28 pts flametail shot for 5 missles. It's not only the leech, its pure screenwide damage proccing itself again and again and... :)
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
What do you think about
Rebel (Xis)
vs.
The Petulant
The Petulant
Hard Leather Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 7053 to 7521
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 120
While Tantrum is Active:
+0.5% Deadly Strike per Tantrum Skill Level
+0.5% Crushing Blow per Tantrum Skill Level
+3% Weapon Physical Damage per Tantrum Skill Level
25% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +(30 to 60)%
+200% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 20)% to All Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
?

My opinion:

Rebel pro:

more def
more ewd
flat str/dex

rebel contra:

only 4 spots for jewels
all res are useless
ewd suffers from diminishing returns

petulant pro:

ms
25-50 damage
physical res
6 spots for jewels

petulant contra:

low def
lower ewd than rebel
no flat stats
Edited by Paladin 4 years.
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Paladin wrote:What do you think about
Rebel (Xis)
vs.
The Petulant
The Petulant
Hard Leather Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 7053 to 7521
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 120
While Tantrum is Active:
+0.5% Deadly Strike per Tantrum Skill Level
+0.5% Crushing Blow per Tantrum Skill Level
+3% Weapon Physical Damage per Tantrum Skill Level
25% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +(30 to 60)%
+200% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 20)% to All Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
?

If those are your options i'd definitly go with Petulant.
SBS is still the overall best armor for us, though.
theage900
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i go with Khaza plate.. its a good mix of offensive and defensiv stats :)
kaelthas
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
help me pls. the ATMG sentry proc on my craft bow does not working. i dont know why :-]
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
kaelthas wrote:help me pls. the ATMG sentry proc on my craft bow does not working. i dont know why :-]

What do you mean? I haven't tried this ladder but last ladder it worked fine. Can ya show a picture of the xbow in question and explain how exactly it doesn't work.
Wuhrfrahmen
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thought I'd let everyone know about my experience with the Devil's Dance quiver. Haven't been able to compare with Larzuk's yet this ladder season, but I'm pretty happy with it - wouldn't say it's better, but it certainly seems to get the job done in any farming area as well as Larzuk's.

+3-4 skills
Stormpike proc
- enemy lightning resist
+50 IAS

Stormpike procs a LOT (I'm using Hwanin's with 14 bas points in Flametail; unclear if Hwanin's proc'ing on itself increases Stormpike procs). Toon looks like a frickin' rocket launching menace. Stormpike also targets enemies off to the sides; can help indicate when something is coming from off-screen. The lightning may also help deal with the after-Kabraxis golems, but haven't tested that yet, either. Devil's Dance seems to be fairly cheap to buy, so might be worth buying to see if you can get the +100 MF on it from Azmodan's Heart.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Stormpike procs a LOT (I'm using Hwanin's with 14 bas points in Flametail; unclear if Hwanin's proc'ing on itself increases Stormpike procs). Toon looks like a frickin' rocket launching menace. Stormpike also targets enemies off to the sides; can help indicate when something is coming from off-screen. The lightning may also help deal with the after-Kabraxis golems, but haven't tested that yet, either. Devil's Dance seems to be fairly cheap to buy, so might be worth buying to see if you can get the +100 MF on it from Azmodan's Heart.

Devil's Dance is useful and cheap but it has certain downsides, such as the proc being fully converted to lightning (an element we at large ignore), which make me prefer other quivers (I'd still use it over Tranq tho).

As far as Kab golems go, you don't need any specific gear/damage for them anymore since they're no longer immune to other elements, just absorb em like most enemies.