Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
delta_v wrote:Really nice guide! Currently playing a Holy Melee 2H Pally at 125. I feel like a huge glass cannon. As long as I can do damage I survive, for the most part... wearing a lot of SUs/Sacred crafted stuff, some BiS, some not. This guide will help me work towards the end-game now.

Quick question, there are some SU boots that give 100% duration to Solar Flare. I'm wearing them atm, but forget what they are called. Curious why they aren't being mentioned here. These boots effectively reduce the number of Solar Flares you have to do throughout the life of your Pally by half, so it's kind of a big deal. Much easier to manage the skill rotation, every 20 seconds I just refresh Solar Flare and the Innate buff. I suspect I'll have to upgrade them out eventually, but for now my wrists are definitely thankful...

Thanks for the guide!

The stats on the boots are really really bad. And skill switching is part of the guide so 10 more sec is a quality of life improvement but nothing else.

Nephilim boots(nih rw) would be much better with all that vit and str
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
delta_v wrote:Really nice guide! Currently playing a Holy Melee 2H Pally at 125. I feel like a huge glass cannon. As long as I can do damage I survive, for the most part... wearing a lot of SUs/Sacred crafted stuff, some BiS, some not. This guide will help me work towards the end-game now.

Quick question, there are some SU boots that give 100% duration to Solar Flare. I'm wearing them atm, but forget what they are called. Curious why they aren't being mentioned here. These boots effectively reduce the number of Solar Flares you have to do throughout the life of your Pally by half, so it's kind of a big deal. Much easier to manage the skill rotation, every 20 seconds I just refresh Solar Flare and the Innate buff. I suspect I'll have to upgrade them out eventually, but for now my wrists are definitely thankful...

Thanks for the guide!

Basicaly what glamdring said. The stats on the boots are bad compared to nih, you can use them if you really dont like swapping to solar flare every 10 seconds but thats it.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
inori92 wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:
fsink wrote:My option would be the tankier version I suppose. Might be a cheaper one too.

Barg howl
Adjudicator/The last crusader. (1h/shield)
Candlewake
Lahma gloves
Spirit walkers
Beads
Seal of neph/giants knuckle
Yaerius Belt (max energy)

Lvl 143

How does this make any sense? Weapon gives literally no phys damage and focuses on poison damage (which is kinda bad). Lamha gloves is a caster glove so idk why you use it in a melee build? Spirit walker is a caster gear as well. And belt is again neutraldin belt which gives next to zero improvement over holy melee guide.

Your gear makes literally no sense with holy melee gear. Its like mixture of neutraldin with holy melee and i dont think thats a viable build.

And its no where near cheap. Weapon alone is more than 500tg

he's doing the plague build

he's hitting to spread plague and all his gears are there to improve poison damage, adjudicator alone multiplies plague damage by a ton

in theory it should be a great alternative, obviously not physical at all

how does malleus maleficarum do this season, since it will remove plague damage but gives you pretty good stats overall? have you tested it?

i have been theorycrafting an exorcism build that uses similar items to fsink's build, except shrill sacrament boots for the exo. I assume adjudicator is too broken for the spells it buffs and so the plague build will probably be better, but i am not certain.

In theory you might be right but i talked to him and he doesnt seem to know what he is doing :mrgreen: He just started the game so he tried what he get.

I think those items would be MUCH MUCH better on a vesseldin/neutraldin rather than holy melee. I mean plague damage is not that high even with that weapon and poison damage is not that good of an element to focus on.

For malleus, i tried using it, its max damage is decent but its min damage is SO SO BAD. So it reduces your avarage damage by a lot. I mean you are sacrificing your other element types but you are not getting that much from it. Its proc is nice but nothing to go crazy about. And the damage is lower compared to gotterdammerung and shark(gotter is a better and cheaper option).

Also when you are wielding malleus you gotta use your points that you used into plague. This will lower the points you can put into dragonhearth which is bad because it will lower your defense and damage quite a bit, and you cannot benefit much from that extra points. I mean what will you max instead of plague? Dragon morph? It gives so little stat compared to what you spend on it. (%1.5stat per hard point as far as i remember), incarnation? You dont need that much AR or LL even in late game. You can maybe go demiurge and add another spell to cast every 10 second but it will last for a short duration and will have a cooldown so i wouldnt recommend that either. So overall malleus seems just bad. Maybe eth version with high rolls can be viable.

Gotterdammerung on the other hand is not a expensive item and it has a base speed of 25, which makes you reach your max frame (507 increased attack speed is necessary for this, for hand of god you need smt like 800 which is nearly impossible), and also has usefull procs like mega impact (combines with colosseum and gives -%50 phys res when procs, %50 chance to proc) Thunderfury which is a decent lightning proc, and Area of attack which is not that great but decent to have. So gotterdammerung seems best in slot in every possible way.

I have 45k max damage when bloodlust procs on my current gear with normal gotter. 15.5k life 450k def full res etc. you can check my gear from here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=WeirdChamp
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Glamdring26 wrote:
inori92 wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:
fsink wrote:My option would be the tankier version I suppose. Might be a cheaper one too.

Barg howl
Adjudicator/The last crusader. (1h/shield)
Candlewake
Lahma gloves
Spirit walkers
Beads
Seal of neph/giants knuckle
Yaerius Belt (max energy)

Lvl 143

How does this make any sense? Weapon gives literally no phys damage and focuses on poison damage (which is kinda bad). Lamha gloves is a caster glove so idk why you use it in a melee build? Spirit walker is a caster gear as well. And belt is again neutraldin belt which gives next to zero improvement over holy melee guide.

Your gear makes literally no sense with holy melee gear. Its like mixture of neutraldin with holy melee and i dont think thats a viable build.

And its no where near cheap. Weapon alone is more than 500tg

he's doing the plague build

he's hitting to spread plague and all his gears are there to improve poison damage, adjudicator alone multiplies plague damage by a ton

in theory it should be a great alternative, obviously not physical at all

how does malleus maleficarum do this season, since it will remove plague damage but gives you pretty good stats overall? have you tested it?

i have been theorycrafting an exorcism build that uses similar items to fsink's build, except shrill sacrament boots for the exo. I assume adjudicator is too broken for the spells it buffs and so the plague build will probably be better, but i am not certain.

In theory you might be right but i talked to him and he doesnt seem to know what he is doing :mrgreen: He just started the game so he tried what he get.

I think those items would be MUCH MUCH better on a vesseldin/neutraldin rather than holy melee. I mean plague damage is not that high even with that weapon and poison damage is not that good of an element to focus on.

For malleus, i tried using it, its max damage is decent but its min damage is SO SO BAD. So it reduces your avarage damage by a lot. I mean you are sacrificing your other element types but you are not getting that much from it. Its proc is nice but nothing to go crazy about. And the damage is lower compared to gotterdammerung and shark(gotter is a better and cheaper option).

Also when you are wielding malleus you gotta use your points that you used into plague. This will lower the points you can put into dragonhearth which is bad because it will lower your defense and damage quite a bit, and you cannot benefit much from that extra points. I mean what will you max instead of plague? Dragon morph? It gives so little stat compared to what you spend on it. (%1.5stat per hard point as far as i remember), incarnation? You dont need that much AR or LL even in late game. You can maybe go demiurge and add another spell to cast every 10 second but it will last for a short duration and will have a cooldown so i wouldnt recommend that either. So overall malleus seems just bad. Maybe eth version with high rolls can be viable.

Gotterdammerung on the other hand is not a expensive item and it has a base speed of 25, which makes you reach your max frame (507 increased attack speed is necessary for this, for hand of god you need smt like 800 which is nearly impossible), and also has usefull procs like mega impact (combines with colosseum and gives -%50 phys res when procs, %50 chance to proc) Thunderfury which is a decent lightning proc, and Area of attack which is not that great but decent to have. So gotterdammerung seems best in slot in every possible way.

I have 45k max damage when bloodlust procs on my current gear with normal gotter. 15.5k life 450k def full res etc. you can check my gear from here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=WeirdChamp

thx dawg ill try gotter
delta_v
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Glamdring26 wrote:

Thanks for the guide!

The stats on the boots are really really bad. And skill switching is part of the guide so 10 more sec is a quality of life improvement but nothing else.

Nephilim boots(nih rw) would be much better with all that vit and str

Yeah, I was using Nephilim 'til my buddy tossed the Binding Treads over to me. I guess it's back to Neph... was nice to have the double duration on SF while it lasted. I've gotta take a hard look at my gear as the 125 content is kinda rough for me and even some of the 120 stuff can be difficult. Teganze is a PITA if I'm not paying attention. Definitely low on life/+ all res. 6.5k base 8.2k buffed HP, 77 max res, 0% MR save the 25% from SA and maxed on PR. Most of my gear has Ko/Diamonds in it so I need to start jewelcrafting I think.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, I was using Nephilim 'til my buddy tossed the Binding Treads over to me. I guess it's back to Neph... was nice to have the double duration on SF while it lasted. I've gotta take a hard look at my gear as the 125 content is kinda rough for me and even some of the 120 stuff can be difficult. Teganze is a PITA if I'm not paying attention. Definitely low on life/+ all res. 6.5k base 8.2k buffed HP, 77 max res, 0% MR save the 25% from SA and maxed on PR. Most of my gear has Ko/Diamonds in it so I need to start jewelcrafting I think.

Yeah if you are 125, you obviously need jewelcrafting. You should've start jewelcrafting way before. Reaching your max frames are important as well as it gives life and str(not as much as diamonds obviously).

Another thing most of the new players miss is the 400 sig. You need to farm 400 sigs from hell nithalak and you should do this before becoming 120. It will give HUGE damage bonus and will make your life much easier. Hell nithalak drops 2 sig per kill and 1 kill takes like 1 minute. So you gotta spare your 3 hours for this or your char will become much weaker.

After you complate ubers up to 125, the bremmtown farming will begin. Try to join people's games for more exp. You should be able to solo farm there quite easily even though there will be some deaths.
delta_v
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Glamdring26 wrote:

Yeah if you are 125, you obviously need jewelcrafting. You should've start jewelcrafting way before. Reaching your max frames are important as well as it gives life and str(not as much as diamonds obviously).

Another thing most of the new players miss is the 400 sig. You need to farm 400 sigs from hell nithalak and you should do this before becoming 120. It will give HUGE damage bonus and will make your life much easier. Hell nithalak drops 2 sig per kill and 1 kill takes like 1 minute. So you gotta spare your 3 hours for this or your char will become much weaker.

After you complate ubers up to 125, the bremmtown farming will begin. Try to join people's games for more exp. You should be able to solo farm there quite easily even though there will be some deaths.

I have a couple jewels in the Binding Treads that I had used when I first crafted Niph, but I haven't actually done any of the jewelcrafting as mentioned in your guide. This is something I will be going into this weekend.

Regarding Sigs, I have close to 200 bonus points from them right now. These are from running through Torajan Jungle to farm Teganze or Akarat/Jitan/Legacy of Blood trophy. I did not realize Nithalak was the go-to farming spot for that, so it shouldn't be that bad to finish off the 2nd half of the 400 now.

I mostly Duo or Trio with my RL buddies. Outside of that, I already die a fair bit in Triune/Duncraig and especially Teganze. It will be exciting to upgrade my gear and see how much more survivability I get. But basically, I'm already used to dying a lot to farm/clear content so it probably won't be as bad as what I've become accustomed to.
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
can you put some videos
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
blackwalker wrote:can you put some videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrToast0000
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aye, this used to be my favorite build a year ago. Sadly droprates are abominable right now so I've decided to stop playing mxl because I don't have enough time to play. Maybe I'll play offline, I heard the droprates are better in sp? Anyway, I can recommend this paladin build. It's very strong and fun with a very active playstyle. When people see you play, they will always ask what your build is because you rock the map with this one.