Overkill Throw Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seikun wrote:Just a suggestion: using
Nimmenjuushin
Nimmenjuushin
War Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (98 - 110) to (221 - 284)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
464
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.18 per Strength)%
8% Chance to cast level 10 Claw Tornado on Striking
+(4 to 5) to Druid Skill Levels
+20% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
30% Attack Speed
50% Hit Recovery
+(115 to 140)% Enhanced Damage
+(101 to 150) to Maximum Damage
(151 to 175)% Duration Bonus to Mark of the Wild
(8 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
(21 to 30)% to Strength
Requirements -20%
Socketed (6)
to boost MotW on crafted weapon is a waste when you can create
Instinct
Instinct
Axes

'Ohm'
Runeword Level: 57
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+(40 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
25% Attack Speed
+(87 to 114)% Enhanced Damage
+(25 to 50) to Maximum Damage
+(16 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-33% to Enemy Fire Resistance
5% to Vitality
much earlier and with much bigger bonus, and then upgrade it to
Instinct (Xis)
Instinct
Axes

'OhXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+6 to Druid Skill Levels
+(80 to 100)% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
40% Attack Speed
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(80 to 125) to Maximum Damage
+(56 to 70)% to Fire Spell Damage
-50% to Enemy Fire Resistance
5% to Vitality
Cannot be Unsocketed
late-game (until you get
Berserrker
Berserrker
Backsword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (130 - 144) to (138 - 153)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 526
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
1% Chance to cast level 2 Gift of Inner Fire on Striking
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+(30 to 40)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(30 to 40)% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
60% Attack Speed
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
100% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
+1 to Gift of the Wild
+1 to Bloodlust
Socketed (3)
).

Also: what's with hirelings? I suspect A5 barb is not as good here as it is with different character classes, because his Gift of the Wild overrides our MotW and effectively debuffs us (I may be wrong about that, and I wish I AM wrong). In other hand, equipping him with
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(50 to 100)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50-125 damage
Adds 167-334 fire damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
5% Reanimate as: Flesh Clan
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)
almost eliminates the need for
Berserrker
Berserrker
Backsword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (130 - 144) to (138 - 153)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 526
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
1% Chance to cast level 2 Gift of Inner Fire on Striking
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+(30 to 40)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(30 to 40)% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
60% Attack Speed
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
100% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
+1 to Gift of the Wild
+1 to Bloodlust
Socketed (3)
- until our merc gets killed, anyway.
The other possible merc guide suggests is A2 exemplar, and I honestly see no reasons to pick him over A2 fighter mage. Latter has great support skills Glacial Nova and Chronofield, former can, in the best scenario, trigger WDM procs with his rather short-ranged Retaliate nova. Am I missing something, or A2 fighter mage is really the best possible companion for overkiller barb?

Finally, what about MO and UMO suggestions?


I like the a5 merc for the aoe stun and slow (krys gloves), and the fact I can get khazra and qaraks on him without sacrificing everything else. I've not geared an a2, but what you say does make sense.

What are people running for support skills with wolf stance and glad dominance? I went with wolves and spirit but am thinking maybe of going with the OPs suggestion of ancient blood and mountain king.
User avatar
MagnuS
Rust Claw
87 | 1
I've tried some skills allocation. For an optimized dmg output I think maxing Overkill, Wolf Stance, GD and Daedlus with 12 points in AB.
For a more balanced build I'm using atm MK maxed instead of Daedlus. Never tried the Wolf Companion+Spirit Guide combo to see the outcome but I would give it a try at some point.

Edit: typo
User avatar
Crowned
Lava Lord
97 | 1
I tested this built and it was the most fun I had so far.
I am stuck at 105 Hell now because of one reason - Mana.
I maxed Overkill in combination with Mountain King and my 25% Mleech on Weapon, assuming this would take care of my mana problems until I get the first Leech charms... Nope, I was wrong.
Added some Mana Regen to my jewels, Mana regen is quite useless since it starts ticking when not using mana - right?

I am really thinking about using some UM runes for an energy boost.

Worst thing is that I got the sacred TU Balanced Axe already, but can't put Mana Leech on it because it's level 100...

I am stuck at Butcher atm, because I go oom to fast to kill him.

I tried MagnuS Wolf Stance built (Runemaster instead of GD), I tried regular Lion Stance (best outcome so far, but getting oneshot with 150k defense is very demoralizing) and a combination of Wolf Companion shenanigans.

Not even during Mana Potion uptime I am able to spam Overkill.

With leaving OK at ~10ish points I can manage my mana, but damage just seems to fall off with less axes. 9 points are 16 axes less?

Edit: checked for runewords to tackle mana issues, but besides Lahmu I haven't found anything good. Is there a chance to shrinecraft Mleech on Armor?
Istaryu
Mangler
480 | -11
Crowned wrote:I tested this built and it was the most fun I had so far.
I am stuck at 105 Hell now because of one reason - Mana.
I maxed Overkill in combination with Mountain King and my 25% Mleech on Weapon, assuming this would take care of my mana problems until I get the first Leech charms... Nope, I was wrong.
Added some Mana Regen to my jewels, Mana regen is quite useless since it starts ticking when not using mana - right?

I am really thinking about using some UM runes for an energy boost.

Worst thing is that I got the sacred TU Balanced Axe already, but can't put Mana Leech on it because it's level 100...

I am stuck at Butcher atm, because I go oom to fast to kill him.

I tried MagnuS Wolf Stance built (Runemaster instead of GD), I tried regular Lion Stance (best outcome so far, but getting oneshot with 150k defense is very demoralizing) and a combination of Wolf Companion shenanigans.

Not even during Mana Potion uptime I am able to spam Overkill.

With leaving OK at ~10ish points I can manage my mana, but damage just seems to fall off with less axes. 9 points are 16 axes less?

Edit: checked for runewords to tackle mana issues, but besides Lahmu I haven't found anything good. Is there a chance to shrinecraft Mleech on Armor?


Dont max overkill if you are struggling with mana. Also your attack rating must be really low so you miss a lot, because overkill does pure physical damage, so a small amount of mana leech goes a long way.
User avatar
MagnuS
Rust Claw
87 | 1
As Istaryu said you'll probably having AR issues. Because with all the charms, but Samael and Labs, @lvl 136 I am at 32% mana leech and one Overkill is enough to top my mana from 0. I played this build and never had problems with mana. At this lvl you should have at least 10k AR, but aim for 20~30k and your problems should be solved.
Also, about the Runemaster build keep in mind you'll stick with this one until you have enough Dexterity to reach at least 55% Block with GD. Keep in mind that it's better to have 200k def and 75% block than 1kk def and no block at all.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MagnuS wrote:As Istaryu said you'll probably having AR issues. Because with all the charms, but Samael and Labs, @lvl 136 I am at 32% mana leech and one Overkill is enough to top my mana from 0. I played this build and never had problems with mana. At this lvl you should have at least 10k AR, but aim for 20~30k and your problems should be solved.
Also, about the Runemaster build keep in mind you'll stick with this one until you have enough Dexterity to reach at least 55% Block with GD. Keep in mind that it's better to have 200k def and 75% block than 1kk def and no block at all.


I have a similar experience with ML, only time I encounter an issue is vs a single target boss where leech is severely penalised. Crafting some sweet Abandoned gauntlets should help your AR%, and once you go max(or close) block your dex will be high enough so you can craft a new pair with a better dex roll and forget about the AR%.

MagnuS: How you finding dimensional labs (if at all)? I've been trophy hunting as Deathgaze but am about to go back to overkill for T7 and above. I'm in a similar situation top you having got all the charms except Sam and Key.
kopraonu
Fallen
1 | 0
I am also trying out overkill barb, mana is not an issue, I have enough leech and overkill does a lot of damage so mana is always full.
But what I am having issues with is survivability.
Did the runemaster build, 650k armor or so, was so-so.
Now I am testing GD and I get 120k armor with 39% block while going half and half on str and dex.
1540 str, 1580 dex right now and to get more block I feel like I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage from strength.
How much dex would I even need for 75% block? I feel like it would be all I have or more.
116 signets used so far, level 120. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=tapjarebane
Currently trying to do Teganze for runes for the boots but its so slow, I also have a summon nec and it can clear it very easy.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kopraonu wrote:I am also trying out overkill barb, mana is not an issue, I have enough leech and overkill does a lot of damage so mana is always full.
But what I am having issues with is survivability.
Did the runemaster build, 650k armor or so, was so-so.
Now I am testing GD and I get 120k armor with 39% block while going half and half on str and dex.
1540 str, 1580 dex right now and to get more block I feel like I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage from strength.
How much dex would I even need for 75% block? I feel like it would be all I have or more.
116 signets used so far, level 120. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=tapjarebane
Currently trying to do Teganze for runes for the boots but its so slow, I also have a summon nec and it can clear it very easy.


Max block with a barb shield and glad dom @120 is about 2300 iirc (that might be with a 3%CTB shield). The formula is in the docs section.

Farm Nilathak for sigs, are you up to date on charms? They can make a big difference. I do feel the max block build is quite gear dependent, so you might need a couple of Xis RWs (I use Nasrudin and Rebel - consider the xis shield too) to get the dexterity/stats. Before then, Lion Stance pure strength option is probably more efficient for you. I see you are still using TUs, though. At 120 you should be looking to upgrade your gear.

If you're on TSW hit me up on *riddyl27 and I can give you a hand.
User avatar
MagnuS
Rust Claw
87 | 1
riddyl wrote:MagnuS: How you finding dimensional labs (if at all)? I've been trophy hunting as Deathgaze but am about to go back to overkill for T7 and above. I'm in a similar situation top you having got all the charms except Sam and Key.


Well, I didn't had many labs runs. I think I got to lvl 6 or 7. But tbh it requires some patient and good positioning to don't eat a lot of bolts at the same time... You can throw some overkill at the edge of the screen and move forward when they are falling, so even if you get hit by a ton of bolts your LL will heal you.
However, I haven't geared properly to labs so I was running with 80 res when I done that back then
User avatar
Crash
Lion Skull the Bent
6430 | 263
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't know that a throwbarb will work well once you get to the tier that prevents leech. You can run GD with deathgaze really nicely though too. The throwbarb set is honestly a nice set with the blast nova proc and 400 ewd.