2h Melee Necro

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
167 | 5
Helzopro wrote:
kolyeah8 wrote:
or am i missunderstanding? :oops:


Sorry for all this, I understand now, it caps at the 16bit integer of ~65535, that's why it doesnt increase ur defence anymore, so its still better than it was :D just at another cap instead.


now thats the answer i was looking for! its 655350 or something i believe, so around 650k def. all makes sense now^^
User avatar
Helzopro
Djinn
512 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kolyeah8 wrote:now thats the answer i was looking for! its 655350 or something i believe, so around 650k def. all makes sense now^^


there is no 650k cap, its just based on ur tcd and other flat defence values after that point
User avatar
Scalewinged
Mahasattva
942 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
First of all, deathlord giving percentage from total stat (not base... and it's not 110k mostly.. for such high value you need to reach like 20k of total str and dex and 5000% total def from deathlord buff). And about +600k def after activating DL... well, don't forget that def from this skill multiplied by TCD.
Example if needed:
- your nec have 200k def before buff, 500% TCD from sources like deathpact, deathward and so on, 900 total str and 900 total str;
- DL giving 100 more of each stat and 1000% of them as def;
- In total it will come as ((1000 str+1000 dex)*1000%)*500% TCD = 100000 total additional def. There you get 50% def increase (from 200k before to 300k after).
Diaco
Heretic
432 | 10
the crux of the matter is, how many points would you need in deathlord with around 3500-4000 str, which is what you probably have by endgame, to reach the cap or the point where putting more skillpoints on it stops being benefitial?
User avatar
Scalewinged
Mahasattva
942 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:the crux of the matter is, how many points would you need in deathlord with around 3500-4000 str, which is what you probably have by endgame, to reach the cap or the point where putting more skillpoints on it stops being benefitial?


If there IS really cap of 32k... then with 4k str and let's say 500 dex (by default you won't have more with zero points, all charms and kind of no other sources) then you'll need to reach just 750% of str/dex conversion to def. Anyway have a plenty bellas so i'll just test it lol xD

Upd: On char with 0% TCD (WARNING: lot of screens).

Here it adding 31k def already (almost "cap")
► Deathlord 1st try


Then i put some more points in it aaaand.. there is no 32k defence cap.
► Deathlorde second


Then i'm trying to reach or jump over that 65535 (still no TCD, just switched some gear to have more stats 'cause far not all charms and simply not enough +skills) and got 65570 def increase while it must be around 73k (even without additional stats it's 2500*29). Here we finally got it.
► the truth


Now answering on question: with like 5k stats you need just around 1500% stat-to-def conversion, pretty much 1 point in end game with all charms and shits.
Edited by Scalewinged 3 months.
User avatar
Helzopro
Djinn
512 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I have literally just said its capped at 65k flat defence gain from your stats, but its not ur total stats,
its your base stats * %increased attributes, flat strength/dex does not add to the resource that deathlord uses to turn into defence.

1185 base stats (1160str 25dex) I have 167k defence, 1185 + 500 strength from items I still have 167k defence with 624%tcd.
1185 base stats (1160str 25dex) + 150% strength I have 413k defence with 624%tcd.
User avatar
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
167 | 5
lol this is all soo unclear.
so sad i cant redo my experiment from a year ago.

anyway: we all agree there is no 32k cap, and no 65k cap.

So my point was: why do, at some point, points in deathlord not increase defense anymore. Im talking about endgame with around 1mil total defense and 650k added from deathlord morph. Sadly i cannot see the rest of the stats.

Scalewinged wrote:
Now answering on question: with like 5k stats you need just around 1500% stat-to-def conversion, pretty much 1 point in end game with all charms and shits.


You need that for what? what cap are we talking about now?^^
User avatar
Helzopro
Djinn
512 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
there is a flat defence cap for the deathlord defence buff, its 65k, how many times :wall:
minor defence increase due to equipping items

Image
Also no '650k' cap on deathlords defence either
Image
claypotfishhead
Fallen
1 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Helzopro wrote:I have literally just said its capped at 65k flat defence gain from your stats, but its not ur total stats,
its your base stats * %increased attributes, flat strength/dex does not add to the resource that deathlord uses to turn into defence.

1185 base stats (1160str 25dex) I have 167k defence, 1185 + 500 strength from items I still have 167k defence with 624%tcd.
1185 base stats (1160str 25dex) + 150% strength I have 413k defence with 624%tcd.

I just did some calculations and it looks like DL does use total stats ( (base+flat) * %-bonus ) before activating DL for calculating the flat defense bonus.
Image
Estimated and actual result are pretty close, so I would consider mismatches are due to rounding errors or whatever.
And flat defense bonus by DL is capped at 65k like you said. (not shown in this image)

Diaco wrote:the crux of the matter is, how many points would you need in deathlord with around 3500-4000 str, which is what you probably have by endgame, to reach the cap or the point where putting more skillpoints on it stops being benefitial?

To summarize, stop putting points into DL if (total strength + total dexterity) * (%-bonus of DL at next skill level) >= 65k
User avatar
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
167 | 5
Getting it now.
Got it all wrong. The huge defense boost after applying DL is due to %TCD of 1000+%.

Thanks guys.

cap should still be removed or in the skill description 8-)