Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
It's a 10 second offensive and defensive (maybe) boost. It's not amazing, but it's not useless either.
globaliviu
Skeleton
2 | 0
How is the mana sorc feeling this season?
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The items are really cheap.
Candraedra
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'm looking for an explanation of the sorc coven "Nova Charge"s dex to energy adding. does +dex on gear/charms affect it? does +% dex affect it? is the energy added before or after +% energy? and is the mana from that energy affected by +% max mana?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Candraedra wrote:I'm looking for an explanation of the sorc coven "Nova Charge"s dex to energy adding. does +dex on gear/charms affect it? does +% dex affect it? is the energy added before or after +% energy? and is the mana from that energy affected by +% max mana?

only base dex counts for the conversion. That is the amount of dex the sorc starts with + the points you actually put into dex.
This flat energy bonus is affected by % energy but it does not increase the base mana (only base points of energy and flat mana from gear/ charms do so) and thus is not affected by %max mana.

Example: on a full energy Sorc with 50% conversion you would gain 12 flat energy. With let's say 200% energy that would translate to 36 energy and thus 90 mana.
Phabio
Imp
5 | 3
So, I got a little frustrated with screwing around with gear, only to find out a new runeword here, or new SU there wasn't actually an upgrade and decided to put together a quick and dirty spreadsheet for rapidly calculating mana values for a Sorc that became a slightly more robust spreadsheet for calculating mana values for a Sorc. Took me a while and a bit of testing, but it reliably reproduces numbers that reflect in-game changes. It should be reasonably easy to tell at a glance what the various fields are, if a bit of a mess and a flashbang right now, and it should go without saying that anyone interested will have to create a copy and edit the relevant fields. I'm gonna screw with the formatting a bit over the next couple days and probably work in a section to reference "optimal" charm rolls to see, at a glance, what's being left on the table, but it's all a reasonably low priority for me, since I play SSF and really just wanted a reference for checking new items before MOing/ crafting/ whatevering.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17mWGIQKOt9Kpf7u1E4CD60Pb60IDkEVUf6s9sdOU7Z0/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone's looking to use it, simply change the relevant values for Level, gear slots, and charm rolls and the table will automatically spit out new numbers. Similarly, I've soft-coded values like the bonus to Familiar, base class mana/ energy, level scaling for mana, mana/energy, etc, as these values get tweaked from time to time and saw no value in obfuscating and hard-coding them.

Also, killer guide Hrishi; can't thank you enough for putting in the work and for really cracking the code on mana Sorc. Without all your meticulously laid out information, I never would have figured out how to properly scale feedback damage, nor would I have found my love for all things mana.

P.S.
► Show Spoiler
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Phabio wrote:So, I got a little frustrated with screwing around with gear, only to find out a new runeword here, or new SU there wasn't actually an upgrade and decided to put together a quick and dirty spreadsheet for rapidly calculating mana values for a Sorc that became a slightly more robust spreadsheet for calculating mana values for a Sorc.

[...]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17mWGIQKOt9Kpf7u1E4CD60Pb60IDkEVUf6s9sdOU7Z0/edit?usp=sharing

A spreadsheet after my own heart. :flip:
Phabio
Imp
5 | 3
I haven't seen anyone mention it, but there are some really bizarre inconsistencies with Immersion and Arcane Torrent in particular with regards to level scaling. I've been looking to update the spreadsheet to include fields for skill levels for Immersion, Arcane Torrent, and Mana Sweep to track Tooltip changes based on skill levels and mana changes (an extension of the current goal of making gearing decisions less of a crapshoot), and started noticing very early on that the Magic Damage/ Max Mana component to Arcane Torrent was showing different results almost every time I would look at the skill tree.

The skill gains .5 min and .5 max damage to both current and total mana scaling per allocated point, at alternating intervals, so (because of D2 always rounding down) the min and max will increment by one whole percentage scalar every other level at alternating intervals. But the Total Mana numbers weren't always obeying this rule, instead sometimes jumping an extra increment. At first I thought it was rounding down at even levels and up at odd levels, but now on further inspection, it seems to be gaining damage scaling based on character level as some sort of hidden synergy, at least up to a maximum percentage (possibly simply up to a maximum combined value between skill levels and character levels).

In addition, Immersion has shown some inconsistencies, where it starts with 20% of missing mana as damage, and gains 20% for every other point starting with the second, so 20, 40, 40, 60, 60, etc. But on at least one occasion, I observed the "Next Level" value change, where with 4 allocated points, the next level was showing 60%, as it should, and then a few minutes later started showing 80%, still with 4 allocated points and no bonus to skills.

Even more bizarre, after doing a full skill/stat reset through Akara, the first point in Immersion is now worth 40% instead of 20%... There's clearly a hidden scaling factor here, and I can't seem to figure out what it is, although I'm absolutely convinced it's relative to character level and not Energy, as a fresh stat/skill wipe is producing these inconsistencies without allocating stats. Furthermore, these numbers don't track with what's showing up on a Lvl1 Character, nor on a 136 main with no gear or charms, and it's also observable on Mana Sweep, now that I know what I'm looking for. I'm uncertain at this time if this is consistent across other skills and classes, or if it's specific to Arcane, but I'll need some time to reverse-engineer the curve if I'm going to follow up on having a tracker for the spreadsheet.

For now, though, it's something interesting to note that even at the skill cap (and when potentially plateaued on charms), there's still room to grow damage numbers simply by grinding out another level or two.
sm0cker
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It also seem that Arcane torrent got pretty huge ND, i noticed that only every other cast deal damage when you spam it with capped fcr (even orb+shield), or is it just server delay shenanigans make it look like it ?
Phabio
Imp
5 | 3
So, I'm linking a V2 of the spreadsheet I had been working on. I had hoped to get a calculator for skill damage integrated, but the hand-tuned hidden scalars for Arcane continue at least through to CLVL 137, which makes it basically useless for anyone else, so that'll have to wait until next season when I come back and map out the curve in a lookup table to see if there's an actual formula applied. I meant to do this over the last week or so, but the lead up to the new PoE league has been swallowing up much of my free time, so I'm going to drop off the sheet in its current state before I forget again. At the very least, it should be much less eye cancer and have much more relevant information (and expanded/ more intuitive charm section).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxOVVQhBW9HaV86PuTKBYGnh4obTEHGAHGf7MNgtcdU/edit?usp=sharing