Holy Melee Paladin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Daystar
676 | 17
Glamdring26 wrote:Updated with 1.7-1.8 and added a Dexterity version.


Regarding the dex version, wouldn't it be viable to use a crystal sword since dragonheart now adds quite a lot of IED? A crafted one with 200 LoA + things like shiverhood could provide quite decent sustain.
User avatar
Glamdring26
Grubber
326 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Diaco wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:Updated with 1.7-1.8 and added a Dexterity version.


Regarding the dex version, wouldn't it be viable to use a crystal sword since dragonheart now adds quite a lot of IED? A crafted one with 200 LoA + things like shiverhood could provide quite decent sustain.


Well i guess you can try an elemental version but i doubt you will reach higher dps than the phys version, since the skill tree has no support for cold pen.
User avatar
Seikun
Pit Knight
108 | 7
Love this guide.

Just thought: can 2h swords be an option? They generally deal less dmg than hand of god and lack amazing grace, but realistically reachable 7fpa attack and much better hit recovery might tip the scales, what do you think?
nemmate
Azure Drake
165 | 5
Seikun wrote:Love this guide.

Just thought: can 2h swords be an option? They generally deal less dmg than hand of god and lack amazing grace, but realistically reachable 7fpa attack and much better hit recovery might tip the scales, what do you think?


I think it's possible. The advantage of the paladin that he has a lot weapon options. Even the 2h great axe SSU with full strength build. He has AR because of solar flare passif and you don't need to much item to cap you're combat speeds because of rapture.
User avatar
Seikun
Pit Knight
108 | 7
Either
Carsomyr
Carsomyr
Flamberge (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 238) to (305 - 325)
Two-Hand Damage: (295 - 325) to (375 - 406)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
7% Chance to cast level 13 Shower of Rocks on Kill
50% Attack Speed
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 100-175 damage
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 50) to Strength
+(40 to 50) to Vitality
Physical Resist 10%
1% Reanimate as: Umbaru Spirit
+250 Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
or crafted greatsword, then.
nemmate
Azure Drake
165 | 5
Seikun wrote:Either
Carsomyr
Carsomyr
Flamberge (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 238) to (305 - 325)
Two-Hand Damage: (295 - 325) to (375 - 406)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
7% Chance to cast level 13 Shower of Rocks on Kill
50% Attack Speed
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 100-175 damage
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 50) to Strength
+(40 to 50) to Vitality
Physical Resist 10%
1% Reanimate as: Umbaru Spirit
+250 Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
or crafted greatsword, then.


Yes, good choices. Or we could test Headsman Hand Axe SSU with a good shield too.
User avatar
Glamdring26
Grubber
326 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Seikun wrote:Either
Carsomyr
Carsomyr
Flamberge (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 238) to (305 - 325)
Two-Hand Damage: (295 - 325) to (375 - 406)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
7% Chance to cast level 13 Shower of Rocks on Kill
50% Attack Speed
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 100-175 damage
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 50) to Strength
+(40 to 50) to Vitality
Physical Resist 10%
1% Reanimate as: Umbaru Spirit
+250 Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
or crafted greatsword, then.


A well crafted greatsword can be an alternative to well crafted hand of god yes. The problem is hand of god can roll paladin skills but greatsword cant, which isnt that big of an issue but still, i see no reason why would you go greatsword over hand of god.

If you want to reach 7 fpa, you can go with
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
5400
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
Mega Impact
50% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250-400 damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
, since you should be able to have enough str by the endgame.
XuanTuan
Fallen
1 | 0
Image
I think that's enough.
User avatar
catakliss
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dumb question but I'm level 120 with like 90% of the mid game gear.

How do I turn into a dragon with tits?
ParticuLarry
Mangler
452 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
catakliss wrote:Dumb question but I'm level 120 with like 90% of the mid game gear.

How do I turn into a dragon with tits?


Not possible anymore, because that buff was changed into a passive since it used to glitch gear a lot. The dragon thingy level 90 skill that adds %to stats.

Thus the morph also had to be removed.