Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
mortimer_85
Core Lord
369 | 139
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Swagkitten wrote:how did you manage to kill astrogha and baal as poison?

Astrogha is pretty easy. approach - cast Avatar on top of her - tp away - repeat. Clear Darklings when needed or reset her aggro by going away.
The new map layout allows for nice circling routes.

Baal is not that easy as fresh 120 but when you gathered enough pierce and some of the 120s charms it is like any other squishy caster against him.
Do not use summons as they will get hit by his attacks and thus the chance to summon a Vision or Minion is higher
lure him out of the middle throne seat, move around to one of the sides of the thrones while casting Avatars on your way - TP to middle of throne and repeat in reverse direction. Better wait for TP CD to go off - this way you can escape when pounces on you.
If he spawns a Vision, try to lure either him or the vision away - kill it and go on with the baal fight.
Swagkitten
Invader
9 | 0
mortimer_85 wrote:
Swagkitten wrote:how did you manage to kill astrogha and baal as poison?

Astrogha is pretty easy. approach - cast Avatar on top of her - tp away - repeat. Clear Darklings when needed or reset her aggro by going away.
The new map layout allows for nice circling routes.

Baal is not that easy as fresh 120 but when you gathered enough pierce and some of the 120s charms it is like any other squishy caster against him.
Do not use summons as they will get hit by his attacks and thus the chance to summon a Vision or Minion is higher
lure him out of the middle throne seat, move around to one of the sides of the thrones while casting Avatars on your way - TP to middle of throne and repeat in reverse direction. Better wait for TP CD to go off - this way you can escape when pounces on you.
If he spawns a Vision, try to lure either him or the vision away - kill it and go on with the baal fight.

TY very much for the response, managed to kill baal this morning before i saw this, i just circled him dodging skills and spamming plague avatar, when he summ'ed a vision or some minions, I runned, dealt with them separatelly and went back to baal.

Gonna try astrogha today! hopefully I can kill Her(?).

Btw, i saw your armory, why do you prefer loxian to Lincos?
mortimer_85
Core Lord
369 | 139
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Swagkitten wrote:cut

Btw, i saw your armory, why do you prefer loxian to Lincos?

On a Stave Druid Caster setup especially with the pierce rune and Acid Fiend + Vine Companion changes/introduction you can cover Spell Damage and pierce due to skills/summons/ No Runes pretty easy with crafts SOlo Self Found. One important defensive layer for hard hitting mobs is not so easy accessable - Physical resist. That is why I prefer
Loxian
Loxian
Druid Staves

'Ghal'
Runeword Level: 100
+(166 to 215) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+(8 to 10) to Druid Skill Levels
20% Cast Speed
+(41 to 50)% to Spell Damage
Physical Resist (11 to 15)%
Total Character Defense (51 to 75)%
over
Lincos (Xis)
Lincos
Druid Staves

'SuXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(8 to 11) to Druid Skill Levels
-40% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-40% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-40% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(42 to 48) to Arcane Torrent
(41 to 50)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +(46 to 65)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Cannot be Unsocketed
for regular farming.

Later in Labs Loxian might shine with the max res, though and you hae to kite more and take it slow to stay alive.