Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Bardamu
Balrog
130 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
xMudkips wrote:I haven't been able to get a War Staff of any tier to drop, and I double checked my filter to be sure. Should I just stick that Elverfolk into any T4 staff at this rate? I'll get right on the gloves and armor though, shouldn't take long at all.

First "uber" I had issues with was actually the ancients one. It was just insane how fast I'd die and get nothing done, I actually haven't gone back but I have gotten several levels and many zod crafted jewels added.

Next would be just trying to make my way through K3BA, and Athula took me at least 30 deaths until I realized each priestess used a wall of amazons. I finished Bull Prince, but he took another 20+ deaths at least, tried to hit and run but again, I'm not all that great at this game overall.

You can gamble a war staff from vendors, no need to wait for it to drop. It will give you some more nice pierce together with TU ancient armor.

For ubers, if with "ancients one" you mean King Koth, yeah it can be quite a pain if you rush, since Diablo fhr sucks and you usually get perma stun. Best strategy here is to lure barbs at the edge of the screen with fiends, then spam avatar and rain of fire on every single one of them, while making sure to be distant from guard towers and popping potions when needed.
Tran Athulua is pretty simple, just be careful about arrowside proc on death (the arrow swarm that comes from amazons bodies) and phalanx from priestess (the wall you're talking about). To avoid getting one-shot by phalanx spell, just be sure to position yourself on the side on which the zons are not aiming. Blink oskill can help you a bit there.
For the rest, it's not a problem to corpse run some ubers, expecially if you're just starting out. Some challenges are not really easy on your first attempts, expecially if you're new to the mod.
Istaryu
Onyx Knight
613 | -3
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Don't listen to that guy, Vilehand is better. Why would anyone trade the poison spell dmg and poison duration for 1 skills?
User avatar
Bardamu
Balrog
130 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Istaryu wrote:Don't listen to that guy, Vilehand is better. Why would anyone trade the poison spell dmg and poison duration for 1 skills?

Would you ever use some manners before writing by any chance? Don't listen to that guy for one suggestion you don't share is a bit disrespectful, expecially when someone makes an effort in making a guide and updating it. Thanks.
xMudkips
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
If I were to gamble it, doesn't it have to be a non-magical/grey item for me to turn it into a runeword though? Sometimes you get rares and such from gambling.
Osiris8766
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
xMudkips wrote:If I were to gamble it, doesn't it have to be a non-magical/grey item for me to turn it into a runeword though? Sometimes you get rares and such from gambling.

Yes but then you can turn it into a base item and reroll it until it is too your liking using cube recipes
Istaryu
Onyx Knight
613 | -3
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bardamu wrote:
Istaryu wrote:Don't listen to that guy, Vilehand is better. Why would anyone trade the poison spell dmg and poison duration for 1 skills?

Would you ever use some manners before writing by any chance? Don't listen to that guy for one suggestion you don't share is a bit disrespectful, expecially when someone makes an effort in making a guide and updating it. Thanks.


Oh, I did not realise you are the guide writer, but my point still stands. Vilehand >> Kali. That max fire res will not make any difference, if the guy is dying 20 times on bosses, except maybe on Azmodan and Assur (and Diablo), but those are easy enough without stacking max fire res if you know what you are doing.



I just noticed that you are also using the wrong belt. Aerin does not give poison spell dmg, you want Moonwrap.
xMudkips
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Osiris8766 wrote:
xMudkips wrote:If I were to gamble it, doesn't it have to be a non-magical/grey item for me to turn it into a runeword though? Sometimes you get rares and such from gambling.

Yes but then you can turn it into a base item and reroll it until it is too your liking using cube recipes

Nevermind, I tried a couple recipes and figured out how to create bases. That saves so much time, I could have been in a much better place gear wise by now had I realized. :bounce:

Edit: Didn't want to double post, but I've swapped out a bit of gear, made the elversong and dropped those points into rain of fire. Feels like it's smoothing out gameplay wise, and I got my fhr to the second highest breakpoint so that might be saving me a bit now too. Thank you for the help.
Krabator
Imp
4 | 0
Hello,
I just reached level 125 on my Druid : https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Morzorque
More précisly I have finished by drop the scroll for the "Weather Control" charm.

Now I am ready for the mid game SSF setup :)
I hope this swith will allow me to clean K3BA faster and find the full "Lone Wolf" set for the 4th missile.
Conquest
Rust Claw
81 | 0
How much damage on HB?

I had HB caster in 1.1, that was unholy paladin using darkfeast (good roll - 2 missiles, high damage and pierce, high EF). On pala it was a bit easier as he can get easy physical resist cap, had superbeast cast rate and 400k defense. Pretty fast farmer, the only thing that sucked was horrific FHR breakpoints for superbeast. HB was doing about 6k damage (listed) x3 missiles with about 100% pierce.

I guess druid has better life pool and defense, more damage overall but lacks this easy 50% phys res part.
Krabator
Imp
4 | 0
Hello,

I have just changed from Poison to Ice... the gameplay is not as good as expected :(
the homing missiles are stuck in the wall and their range is very short.

I clean faster than with poison but the gameplay is weird... i ll keep this spec for kill speed in K3BA for set hunting... but after i m not sure to keep it.