Unholy Caster Paladin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Maphyr
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
What an excellent guide this is, covering everything you need to know and then some.

Thank you for the time and effort put in to create and maintain this guide.
nazh202
Imp
4 | 0
Hi. First of all, thank you for an amazing and meticulous build guide. My UHC Pal is level 121 and may I have some advice about how to upgrade my char.
Current gear:
Weapon:
Imperius' Sky Hammer
Imperius' Sky Hammer
Imperius' Edict Set
War Hammer (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 42 to 47
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
235
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.22 per Strength)%
+(40 to 50) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+(3 to 5) to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(15 to 20)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
2% Reanimate as: Night Clan
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)

Helm:
Rotundjere
Rotundjere
Paladin Helms

'Krys'
Runeword Level: 100
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
Adds 63-375 fire damage
Adds 63-375 lightning damage
Adds 63-375 cold damage
Adds 12-73 poison damage over 1 seconds
Stun Attack
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to all Attributes
+250 Mana after each Kill
Target Takes Additional Damage of 25
with some crafted jewels
Amulet:
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet (Sacred)

Black Dwarf
Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
Total Character Defense (30 to 40)%
-5 to Light Radius

Ring:
Ring of Regha
Ring of Regha
Ring

Ring of Regha
Item Level: 1
Adds 3-5 damage
+5% to Spell Damage
+(5 to 15) to Strength
+(5 to 15) to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +10%
(MOs applied), rare ring +1 skills and LSD
Rest: Ornate/Eerie crafted gear as close as possible to the guide
Most sockets stuffed with Yul runes

Current stat:
Mindflay sheet dmg 3k8-4k7
8k4 HP
77% ele resistance, 37% phys resistance
140% FHR, 95% FCR
437 EF (24% factor cap)
170% pierce (without Mindflay), 205% LSD

Currently farming well in K3K, TA but struggle to do 120 ubers :(
Any advice is appreciated.
Diaco
Pit Knight
117 | 1
replace the helm with
Skull Lord
Skull Lord
Blackguard Helm (4)

Defense: (49 - 54) to (71 - 78)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 6
Required Dexterity: 29
Item Level: 9
+(16 to 25) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
5% Cast Speed
+(6 to 8)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
(2 to 3)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(8 to 10)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (184 - 199) to (242 - 261)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 24
Required Dexterity: 43
Item Level: 27
+(36 to 45) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
10% Cast Speed
+(11 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(11 to 13)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
(4 to 5)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(14 to 16)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (459 - 490) to (592 - 631)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 41
Required Dexterity: 90
Item Level: 47
+(56 to 65) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(16 to 18)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(16 to 18)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
(6 to 7)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(20 to 22)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (3)
Defense: (675 - 717) to (864 - 918)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 50
Required Dexterity: 187
Item Level: 83
+(66 to 75) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(18 to 20)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
(7 to 8)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(23 to 25)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (4)
. also an ornate crafted crystal sword can be way better than imperius hammer
nazh202
Imp
4 | 0
Diaco wrote:replace the helm with
Skull Lord
Skull Lord
Blackguard Helm (4)

Defense: (49 - 54) to (71 - 78)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 6
Required Dexterity: 29
Item Level: 9
+(16 to 25) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
5% Cast Speed
+(6 to 8)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
(2 to 3)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(8 to 10)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (184 - 199) to (242 - 261)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 24
Required Dexterity: 43
Item Level: 27
+(36 to 45) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
10% Cast Speed
+(11 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(11 to 13)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
(4 to 5)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(14 to 16)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (459 - 490) to (592 - 631)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 41
Required Dexterity: 90
Item Level: 47
+(56 to 65) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(16 to 18)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(16 to 18)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
(6 to 7)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(20 to 22)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (3)
Defense: (675 - 717) to (864 - 918)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 50
Required Dexterity: 187
Item Level: 83
+(66 to 75) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(18 to 20)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
(7 to 8)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(23 to 25)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (4)
. also an ornate crafted crystal sword can be way better than imperius hammer

Gonna try it. About the weapon, it's kinda hard to craft a good one (I've tried a lot with angel stars but no luck), let alone I havent found a sacred crystal sword to craft :(
P/S: Just crafted a Crystal sword with 88 EF to spell dmg, 4 all skills (wow) but with mediocre LSD and pierce (under 10% even with blessing already) :|
User avatar
NotCube
Cog
237 | 25
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
nazh202 wrote:
Diaco wrote:replace the helm with
Skull Lord
Skull Lord
Blackguard Helm (4)

Defense: (49 - 54) to (71 - 78)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 6
Required Dexterity: 29
Item Level: 9
+(16 to 25) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
5% Cast Speed
+(6 to 8)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
(2 to 3)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(8 to 10)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (184 - 199) to (242 - 261)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 24
Required Dexterity: 43
Item Level: 27
+(36 to 45) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
10% Cast Speed
+(11 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(11 to 13)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
(4 to 5)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(14 to 16)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (2)
Defense: (459 - 490) to (592 - 631)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 41
Required Dexterity: 90
Item Level: 47
+(56 to 65) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(16 to 18)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(16 to 18)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
(6 to 7)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(20 to 22)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (3)
Defense: (675 - 717) to (864 - 918)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 50
Required Dexterity: 187
Item Level: 83
+(66 to 75) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
15% Cast Speed
+(18 to 20)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
(7 to 8)% Reanimate as: Knight of Famine
(23 to 25)% Curse Length Reduction
Socketed (4)
. also an ornate crafted crystal sword can be way better than imperius hammer

Gonna try it. About the weapon, it's kinda hard to craft a good one (I've tried a lot with angel stars but no luck), let alone I havent found a sacred crystal sword to craft :(
P/S: Just crafted a Crystal sword with 88 EF to spell dmg, 4 all skills (wow) but with mediocre LSD and pierce (under 10% even with blessing already) :|

I would advise against crystal sword in mid game. Stick to pala maces for better chance at decent rolls. Crystal sword is potentially better but you need luck or a lot of spare shrines, or both.

170 pierc before mind flay is overkill. You can afford to throw out 10 Yul runes for crafted jewels. Also idk if you have maxed 400 sigs yet but do that too if you havent. Put rare ring in your loot notifier and keep looking for better ones.

There probably is more to it. Link your notarmory if you play on tsw.
nazh202
Imp
4 | 0
@NotCube: Thanks for your reply. Anw I play in single only so no link available. Guess I'll keep farming for sigs and more SU (esp that Black sun spear).
Btw how many HP do you recommend? Mine is currently about 8k3.
User avatar
NotCube
Cog
237 | 25
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You'll most likely hover around 12-14k with gear and charms, which is enough for the most part barred a few ubers that will require a respec.
Steveball
Cultist
22 | -2
If you Barb is using Marchosias set, it can have a shield, so what should I use???
User avatar
NotCube
Cog
237 | 25
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Steveball wrote:If you Barb is using Marchosias set, it can have a shield, so what should I use???

He cannot use a shield.
nazh202
Imp
4 | 0
Where are you guys farming when at lv120-125? Currently farming in Duncraig to find some level 120 sacred uniques to replace crafted items but no luck so far (all were items from other classes). And what's the recommended magic find? I think I have around 180%.