Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Istaryu
Sand Maggot
1106 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hey guys. I will revisit the build next patch, and ill record the gameplay :)
User avatar
shrimp
Ice Clan
578 | 1
:coolstorybob: :coolstorybob: :coolstorybob:
Istaryu
Sand Maggot
1106 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Istaryu wrote:Hey guys. I will revisit the build next patch, and ill record the gameplay :)


Well, this isnt happening, as all i have right now is a shitty laptop, and the recording is very bad :(
Heroebal
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
How viable do you think a maelstrom/psionic storm hybrid would be? Maelstrom for killing & psionic storm for healing (&some dmg too*) then void+maelstrom will replenish the lost mp while back to attacking. I've found psionic storm healing to be helpful even at low level usage. Pots are still useful especially to get rid of poison but they also run out. With psionic storm as long as I have mana I can use it, plus I can hold it in til hp is back. Not sure how many points is worth investing into storm though. Also I would have the option for going psionic set on 2nd item slots but I currently have shamanka there.

*Not sure how high of dmg the psionic storm dmg could get while focusing on maelstrom but the psionic storm guide the dmg gets up to ~440k dmg. Not really using psi storm for dmg but even a fraction of that while healing is better than nothing.
Heroebal
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
Lily
Circlets

'JaXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+58% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
+(21 to 30) Life Regenerated per Second
+3 Life on Striking
+(41 to 50) Life after each Kill
Level 8 Elvensong (30/30 Charges)
Cannot be Unsocketed
) be worth it for this build or should I just stick with(
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)
User avatar
tbone503
Detonator
791 | 22
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Heroebal wrote:I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
Lily
Circlets

'JaXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+58% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
+(21 to 30) Life Regenerated per Second
+3 Life on Striking
+(41 to 50) Life after each Kill
Level 8 Elvensong (30/30 Charges)
Cannot be Unsocketed
) be worth it for this build or should I just stick with(
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)


wait, goblins can drop enhanced runes?
Heroebal
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
yep I got it off of the rift one, I think that was the one. Same one that drops essences/runestones. I think it's set up so that rift goblin drops item associated with the rift they're in. I also had a goblin pop up in the middle of a fight with the imbaru boss and that one dropped some sacred stuff for me.
nemmate
Abomination
157 | 5
tbone503 wrote:
Heroebal wrote:I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
Lily
Circlets

'JaXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+58% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
+(21 to 30) Life Regenerated per Second
+3 Life on Striking
+(41 to 50) Life after each Kill
Level 8 Elvensong (30/30 Charges)
Cannot be Unsocketed
) be worth it for this build or should I just stick with(
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
228
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
Total Character Defense (16 to 20)%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)


wait, goblins can drop enhanced runes?


Yes, the rift inspectors can. They drops the stuffs which you can find in the rift (set items in kurast, SUs in duncraig, etc....)
Heroebal
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
I’m currently at ~10k-12k maelstrom dmg atm fully buffed is that about right given the following...
Level 128
~6k dex <—- I fully went dex once I acquired dawn which might be a problem w/ str if I want to switch to voidxis.

Dawn-xis(offhand-shamanka) / hexward / abandoned crafted+blessed armor & boots/witchunter hood/ klaatu amu/ endless loop/ 2 x rip stars

I haven’t yet acquired royal circlet, snake beads or glory rings yet. Hive from klaatu does ~10/11k dmg not sure how dmg works for that though. I also have 7 skill points left I can spend..

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=MattsAss
User avatar
Ekital
Monkey King
286 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Meh the build is kinda deadish. The fauzt clearspeed is very lackluster considering the gearing.

Even with 12k dex and 18k maelstrom damage it just feels lackluster considering the investment.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=DextrousCunt

Maximum damage you're going to push is maybe 20-22k but it's kinda whatever.