Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
curious on the mid game gear chest piece. . . . should i stick with Leather of Aut, or can i use witchunters chest (found one randomly), as I already have the helm. the 2 piece is 75 dex and 25% res all. not sure if that's enough to offset a higher % and on 3 separate stats from Leather of Aut.
vilski
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'd say if you have enough str from charms, and don't need
Leather of Aut
Leather of Aut
Hard Leather Armor (4)

Defense: (66 - 75) to (132 - 151)
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 25
Item Level: 4
+(2 to 4) to Whirlpool
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to Strength
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (11 to 20)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (267 - 297) to (449 - 500)
Required Level: 19
Required Strength: 37
Item Level: 22
+(5 to 8) to Whirlpool
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to Strength
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (21 to 30)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (701 - 761) to (1131 - 1228)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 78
Item Level: 43
+(9 to 12) to Whirlpool
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to Strength
(15 to 17)% to Dexterity
(15 to 17)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (31 to 40)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1052 - 1135) to (1691 - 1823)
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 160
Item Level: 75
+(13 to 16) to Whirlpool
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to Strength
(18 to 20)% to Dexterity
(18 to 20)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (41 to 50)%
Socketed (6)
to wear gear, go for it, until you manage to craft something better. With 2 set bonus you can get up to 125 flat dex(50 on armor + 75 set bonus) and 40% dex( gems/IO runes). I personally changed the body armor after I collected all 120 charms.

Now, I started to try the 125 ubers and managed to get Astro and Belial. Things are not easy due to low life, but you can deffinately feel the progression after every new item or charm you get. I finally managed to farm XiS and now I'm wondering should I use a normal sacred base balanced knife, or ETH sacred one is a must? Also if oyu have to choose one
Dawn (Xis)
Dawn
Weapons

'ElXis'
Runeword Level: 120
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% to All Attributes
60% Gold Find
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
Cannot be Unsocketed
or
Void (Xis)
Void
Weapons

'LoXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-88 damage
Slow Target 40%
Cold Resist +(100 to 208)%
Lightning Resist +30%
Physical Damage Reduced by (51 to 75)
+(16 to 40) Mana on Striking
3% Reanimate as: Banshee
Cannot be Unsocketed
is better?
kjajeck22
Fallen
1 | 0
How to get so much dexterity? I have 114 level. Getting 5 points per level you can't get 3,000 dexterity. How do you do that ?
Yeahsper
Abomination
156 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kjajeck22 wrote:How to get so much dexterity? I have 114 level. Getting 5 points per level you can't get 3,000 dexterity. How do you do that ?

By getting a lot of %dex and eating 400 signets.
MJA1521
Bone Archer
78 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
vilski wrote:I'd say if you have enough str from charms, and don't need
Leather of Aut
Leather of Aut
Hard Leather Armor (4)

Defense: (66 - 75) to (132 - 151)
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 25
Item Level: 4
+(2 to 4) to Whirlpool
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to Strength
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (11 to 20)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (267 - 297) to (449 - 500)
Required Level: 19
Required Strength: 37
Item Level: 22
+(5 to 8) to Whirlpool
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to Strength
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (21 to 30)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (701 - 761) to (1131 - 1228)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 78
Item Level: 43
+(9 to 12) to Whirlpool
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to Strength
(15 to 17)% to Dexterity
(15 to 17)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (31 to 40)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1052 - 1135) to (1691 - 1823)
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 160
Item Level: 75
+(13 to 16) to Whirlpool
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to Strength
(18 to 20)% to Dexterity
(18 to 20)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (41 to 50)%
Socketed (6)
to wear gear, go for it, until you manage to craft something better. With 2 set bonus you can get up to 125 flat dex(50 on armor + 75 set bonus) and 40% dex( gems/IO runes). I personally changed the body armor after I collected all 120 charms.

Now, I started to try the 125 ubers and managed to get Astro and Belial. Things are not easy due to low life, but you can deffinately feel the progression after every new item or charm you get. I finally managed to farm XiS and now I'm wondering should I use a normal sacred base balanced knife, or ETH sacred one is a must? Also if oyu have to choose one
Dawn (Xis)
Dawn
Weapons

'ElXis'
Runeword Level: 120
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% to All Attributes
60% Gold Find
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
Cannot be Unsocketed
or
Void (Xis)
Void
Weapons

'LoXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-88 damage
Slow Target 40%
Cold Resist +(100 to 208)%
Lightning Resist +30%
Physical Damage Reduced by (51 to 75)
+(16 to 40) Mana on Striking
3% Reanimate as: Banshee
Cannot be Unsocketed
is better?

Void (Xis)
Void
Weapons

'LoXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-88 damage
Slow Target 40%
Cold Resist +(100 to 208)%
Lightning Resist +30%
Physical Damage Reduced by (51 to 75)
+(16 to 40) Mana on Striking
3% Reanimate as: Banshee
Cannot be Unsocketed
is going to be your all around weapon. Main reason being the insane mana on striking you get allowing you to cast maelstrom without stopping. And eth base will ultimately give you better damage. If you find one with AR% and ED% then you're golden.
B_ATAKY
Cultist
20 | 1
MJA1521 wrote:
vilski wrote:I'd say if you have enough str from charms, and don't need
Leather of Aut
Leather of Aut
Hard Leather Armor (4)

Defense: (66 - 75) to (132 - 151)
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 25
Item Level: 4
+(2 to 4) to Whirlpool
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to Strength
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (11 to 20)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (267 - 297) to (449 - 500)
Required Level: 19
Required Strength: 37
Item Level: 22
+(5 to 8) to Whirlpool
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to Strength
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (21 to 30)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (701 - 761) to (1131 - 1228)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 78
Item Level: 43
+(9 to 12) to Whirlpool
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to Strength
(15 to 17)% to Dexterity
(15 to 17)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (31 to 40)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1052 - 1135) to (1691 - 1823)
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 160
Item Level: 75
+(13 to 16) to Whirlpool
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to Strength
(18 to 20)% to Dexterity
(18 to 20)% to Vitality
Total Character Defense (41 to 50)%
Socketed (6)
to wear gear, go for it, until you manage to craft something better. With 2 set bonus you can get up to 125 flat dex(50 on armor + 75 set bonus) and 40% dex( gems/IO runes). I personally changed the body armor after I collected all 120 charms.

Now, I started to try the 125 ubers and managed to get Astro and Belial. Things are not easy due to low life, but you can deffinately feel the progression after every new item or charm you get. I finally managed to farm XiS and now I'm wondering should I use a normal sacred base balanced knife, or ETH sacred one is a must? Also if oyu have to choose one
Dawn (Xis)
Dawn
Weapons

'ElXis'
Runeword Level: 120
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% to All Attributes
60% Gold Find
+(3 to 5) to Light Radius
Cannot be Unsocketed
or
Void (Xis)
Void
Weapons

'LoXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-88 damage
Slow Target 40%
Cold Resist +(100 to 208)%
Lightning Resist +30%
Physical Damage Reduced by (51 to 75)
+(16 to 40) Mana on Striking
3% Reanimate as: Banshee
Cannot be Unsocketed
is better?

Void (Xis)
Void
Weapons

'LoXis'
Runeword Level: 120
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-88 damage
Slow Target 40%
Cold Resist +(100 to 208)%
Lightning Resist +30%
Physical Damage Reduced by (51 to 75)
+(16 to 40) Mana on Striking
3% Reanimate as: Banshee
Cannot be Unsocketed
is going to be your all around weapon. Main reason being the insane mana on striking you get allowing you to cast maelstrom without stopping. And eth base will ultimately give you better damage. If you find one with AR% and ED% then you're golden.

If u have spare Xis, sure, go for xisvoid but its just minmaxing(slow buff is ok, but not so essential, mana on striking almost the same, pdr is ok also but you already have 300+ from PC). And u dont need ED or eth base since our main source of damage is magic from dex. Also u dont need AR cuz with 9k+ dex u have enough ar for every boss in the game, maybe except sam.
Utfryst
Fallen
1 | 0
Would MO 1-2 DMg on TUs work as it converts to magic? Im playing singleplayer so i minmax gear as much as i can as there is no saying how long ill farm until upgrades. And if i have the endless loop with +1 mana on striking with manareg on jewelry would that be enough to sustain mana and therefor elxis is alot better?
User avatar
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6467 | 174
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Big thank to Istaryu for helping me building Maelstrom sin. This is my char stats atm. Can get much more dex but i dont see the point of doing it.
Image

Was pretty fun when playing it and mass farming Uldy with the build. Glad I can build a char like this without using any UMOs.
User avatar
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
167 | 5
Pinball wrote:Big thank to Istaryu for helping me building Maelstrom sin. This is my char stats atm. Can get much more dex but i dont see the point of doing it.


Was pretty fun when playing it and mass farming Uldy with the build. Glad I can build a char like this without using any UMOs.


wow, whats the equip ?

just crafts ? 2 empyrean glory ? beads of the snake queen?

and whats dex without tiefling form?
User avatar
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6467 | 174
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I have 10060 dex before Tiefling Form (34k Maelstrom). Crafted armor, gloves, boots. One empyrean glory 9%. Beads queen.