Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Son of Lucion
744 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
seven wrote:
Kerchaak wrote:
seven wrote:I found that the damage of frostclaw is much higher than stormeye, why would stormeye be recommended? Could it be that the closer the distance, the damage of stormeye will be higher than the panel?



Stormeye's potential for damage is technically higher because of the amount of enemies it can hit, as opposed to Frostclaw, which is a single target/small aoe bomb. Early enough in leveling phases, there wont be much of a difference between the two, everything should fall and its useful to have Frostclaw maxed in that process for early Ubers. However when you more towards farming rifts and speed and efficiency, Stormeye because a viable option and Frostclaw still retains some of its power for the tougher enemies in those rifts. Its up to the player's progression and gear to see which one performs the best with or without investment of skill points, some areas may be better if you invest in Frostclaw over Stormeye and vice versa.


I see. I ask this because I found that the maximum damage of Stormeye's is less than the minimum damage of Frostclaw, and the gap is increasing with the level. I really think Frostclaw is more efficient, although is a single target/small aoe bomb. I'm currently only level 47, not yet able to enter some special dungeons, can't experience the efficiency of Stormeye.

I prefer Frostclaw, but it's not perfect. I found that Frostclaw can't hit some monsters, which are fly in Arcane Sanctuart at ACT2 and diving monsters at ACT3. Stormeye can hit them. Is it a bug?

English isn't my native language. I still don't understand the meaning of "Ubers" and "farming rifts". In my opinion, Uber is monster, Farming rifts is complete dungeon, am I right?


Ubers are the special bosses that start appearing in Hell difficulty.

Farming rifts refers to some levels that you access in hell difficulty, like duncraig, fauztinville, scosglen, etc. "Farming" means repeatedly killing everything in those dungeons to try to get or accumulate certain items
User avatar
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6350 | 214
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Koricio wrote:About the ring for Stormeye totem setup, why not Witchcraft instead?

Cuz the ring sucks. Rare ring with sf and sd is much more better. Also more MO slot

eurekaaaa wrote:Do you guys think the Worshipper is a viable item for Labs?

You need max res and PR for lab which is hard to get without hand of rathma. So nope.

seven wrote:I found that the damage of frostclaw is much higher than stormeye, why would stormeye be recommended? Could it be that the closer the distance, the damage of stormeye will be higher than the panel?

Yes Frostclaw is much more better than Stormeye but you need Stormeye AOE for farming so you need to boost Stormeye abit then forcus to Frostclaw the rest.
seven
Imp
5 | 0
407112839 wrote:我125级穿塔套不知道现在该干啥


看到你的消息我还以为我开了翻译,论坛上看到的第一个中文消息啊
seven
Imp
5 | 0
Diaco wrote:
seven wrote:
Kerchaak wrote:
seven wrote:I found that the damage of frostclaw is much higher than stormeye, why would stormeye be recommended? Could it be that the closer the distance, the damage of stormeye will be higher than the panel?



Stormeye's potential for damage is technically higher because of the amount of enemies it can hit, as opposed to Frostclaw, which is a single target/small aoe bomb. Early enough in leveling phases, there wont be much of a difference between the two, everything should fall and its useful to have Frostclaw maxed in that process for early Ubers. However when you more towards farming rifts and speed and efficiency, Stormeye because a viable option and Frostclaw still retains some of its power for the tougher enemies in those rifts. Its up to the player's progression and gear to see which one performs the best with or without investment of skill points, some areas may be better if you invest in Frostclaw over Stormeye and vice versa.


I see. I ask this because I found that the maximum damage of Stormeye's is less than the minimum damage of Frostclaw, and the gap is increasing with the level. I really think Frostclaw is more efficient, although is a single target/small aoe bomb. I'm currently only level 47, not yet able to enter some special dungeons, can't experience the efficiency of Stormeye.

I prefer Frostclaw, but it's not perfect. I found that Frostclaw can't hit some monsters, which are fly in Arcane Sanctuart at ACT2 and diving monsters at ACT3. Stormeye can hit them. Is it a bug?

English isn't my native language. I still don't understand the meaning of "Ubers" and "farming rifts". In my opinion, Uber is monster, Farming rifts is complete dungeon, am I right?


Ubers are the special bosses that start appearing in Hell difficulty.

Farming rifts refers to some levels that you access in hell difficulty, like duncraig, fauztinville, scosglen, etc. "Farming" means repeatedly killing everything in those dungeons to try to get or accumulate certain items


Thank you very much, I can understand a lot through your explanation
seven
Imp
5 | 0
seven wrote:I found that the damage of frostclaw is much higher than stormeye, why would stormeye be recommended? Could it be that the closer the distance, the damage of stormeye will be higher than the panel?

Yes Frostclaw is much more better than Stormeye but you need Stormeye AOE for farming so you need to boost Stormeye abit then forcus to Frostclaw the rest.[/quote]

As I said in the 289#, I have not found the advantage of AOE, except for the monsters that Frostclaw should hit but can not hit. I plan to use Frostclaw to Hell difficulty first, maybe I'll find the advantages. Thank you.
eurekaaaa
Core Lord
375 | 0
I'm currently testing a Stormeye-only variant for labs ... It's does very well in Scosglen. Labs it struggles a bit vs corrupted X and Phobos/Unstable Anom.
User avatar
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6350 | 214
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
seven wrote:
seven wrote:I found that the damage of frostclaw is much higher than stormeye, why would stormeye be recommended? Could it be that the closer the distance, the damage of stormeye will be higher than the panel?

Yes Frostclaw is much more better than Stormeye but you need Stormeye AOE for farming so you need to boost Stormeye abit then forcus to Frostclaw the rest.


As I said in the 289#, I have not found the advantage of AOE, except for the monsters that Frostclaw should hit but can not hit. I plan to use Frostclaw to Hell difficulty first, maybe I'll find the advantages. Thank you.


Havent found how useful the AOE is? Just come to Fauzt/Scos.
Heroebal
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is it better to switch to stormeye once you hit ~120ish? I hit a wall around ~120/125 areas with frost claw & resummoming ~9 totems upon a death is not ideal.
User avatar
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6350 | 214
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You always go stormeye unless you need huge single dps for boss fight like xazax, giyua. Otherwise frostclaw is enough.
Miothan
Bone Archer
77 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I was wondering what gear a Totem Necro would use if i don't have access to any SSSU or higher runewords than those that require #25 Enhanced rune.

I looked at your vid where you say it was during progress, but you are using Obedience which requires Enhanced rune #29, which does not drop in Faustinville, so a player actually has to already farm Scosglen to get that rune, which is a bit of a pickle for players such as myself.