SSF Bow Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Team Member
777 | 133
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Fridgey wrote:Neat. what about Nihlithak's bombard? are the loss of skills that big a deal? seems like an insane amount of flat fire and attack speed.

The attack speed is counteracted by the fact that druid has slower crossbow attacks than bow attacks.

If you want a faster weapon, I've heard good things about short battle bows - the 6 frame breakpoint is actually reachable and you benefit from both lightning and fire pierce (which means double effect from generic elemental pierce).
Fridgey
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Siosilvar wrote:
Fridgey wrote:Neat. what about Nihlithak's bombard? are the loss of skills that big a deal? seems like an insane amount of flat fire and attack speed.

The attack speed is counteracted by the fact that druid has slower crossbow attacks than bow attacks.

If you want a faster weapon[...].

If anything, I find im having a hard time fully utilising the attack speed. Weaving two type of shots is basically giving me an RSI at this point and I was hoping the 1800 fire damage would outweigh any reduction in speed.

Is it even that much slower? 414 attack speed for 7 fpa seems pretty easy when the xbow gives 180 as itself.
SilentSin
Prowler
18 | 3
Since the Bear Companion snapshots your stats when summoned, which Mercenary buffs would actually affect it?
- Ranger - Dark Power
- Priestess - Vindicate
- Shapeshifter - Bloodlust
- Bloodmage - Firedance - +75% Physical Damage sounds pretty hefty

Also, I was just messing around and noticed that if you swap weapons as a Werewolf (but not the other morphs), you can actually use Steady Shot. The buff disappears immediately though, so I doubt there's anything useful you can do with that combo.