SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Eth gharanic is pretty sick, even with a low superior roll.
could have used better jewels, but I hate messy runewords :P.
About a 13% increase in raw damage over my best rolled normal one.
I'm not sure a non superior eth would be worth the trouble over a well rolled normal superior one though, so keep your eyes open for those superior eth hammerheads.

Rastamepas
Cultist
23 | 0
How much better is Yaggai's over Gharaniqs for bossing? I got an early eth yaggais and it was a big improvement over t4s but Im lacking in AR and feel squishy at times even in Viz and Fautz a bit. Wondering if I should just focus on grabbing the ghara's and use my Stone runes on the other upgrades
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
eth yaggai sounds pretty bad ass, maybe try athulua's oracle amulet, that boosts your ar by a ton.
The squishyness is from not having 2 frame life on melee attack from dual wielding, combined with low ar that could get bad :P.
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Brilliant guide and build, thanks for your work. I have a 132 character that can roll through fauzt in a 7 man game and not die, clears dunc in no time. Currently running everything as recommended but have a royal circlet and
Marchosias' Hatred
Marchosias' Hatred
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3111 - 3455) to (3359 - 3731)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 1
5% Chance to cast level 3 Bladestorm on Melee Attack
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(55 to 60)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(6 to 10)% to Strength
Socketed (2)

Marchosias' Essence
(Druid Werewolf Set)
belt until I can upgrade.

Question re: attack speed - do the figures you provide need to be in the weapon itself? my attack speed in character menu is well over 200%, would like to remove the gul runes for elqs.

second question: how can I get this build to survive in Scosglen? my max res is around 80-82 for each and I get cooked in there.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Get something with stun for scosglen it's more important than cannot be frozen or even max res, I put on beads of the snake queen, but you can make a truce belt if you don't have the amulet.
You also need as much life on attack as you can get and of course the fastest attack speed, only weapon attack speed works for whirlwind.
I'm at 80 max res and can do it pretty well, big trees take a while, about 20-30 secs, elementals about half that or even almost instantly if you can manage to shower of rock them.
robwastaken
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Is it possible to farm eth bases? or is it purely luck of the drop?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Boozybear wrote:What do you recommend for mercenary setup?

Dogzilla07 wrote:I'm not sure If I'm understanding it correctly, is this shrine craft is useless cause it's not min, max damage, but added fire ?

Additionally, does this leveling Dao of Xiansai do more dmg:

dmg has to be physical in order to scale with your str and ewd. elemental dmg like fir does nothing.

Rastamepas wrote:How much better is Yaggai's over Gharaniqs for bossing? I got an early eth yaggais and it was a big improvement over t4s but Im lacking in AR and feel squishy at times even in Viz and Fautz a bit. Wondering if I should just focus on grabbing the ghara's and use my Stone runes on the other upgrades

using yaggais forces you into using armor slots that give ar or dex. aim around 40-60k ar. rebel/savage/wind runner/athulua oracle/eidolon/hono belt/black void/dex mo all give ar.

as for the squishy feel, that cannot be helped with yaggais as you punch at 4fpa instead of dual-wielding 2fpa.

so even if yaggais gives 250loma, it still wont beat 10avoid and 175+40+150 loma from 2 gharas punching at twice the speed. especially so if your chance-to-hit enemies isnt 95.

proletariat wrote:Question re: attack speed - do the figures you provide need to be in the weapon itself? my attack speed in character menu is well over 200%, would like to remove the gul runes for elqs.

second question: how can I get this build to survive in Scosglen? my max res is around 80-82 for each and I get cooked in there.

atk speed needs to be in each weapon. check out the atk speed section under ww information.

for scosglen you want 95 chance to hit, big loma, 10k life and the most important: complete charms (full str wormhole, triune upgraded sleep charm, giyua upgraded teganze charm). you can add in 2-4 perf onyx if you die too much by the etherborn cold atk.

robwastaken wrote:Is it possible to farm eth bases? or is it purely luck of the drop?

scosglen has eth base bias.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I think much of scos depends on how you approach it. i could farm it early on by ignoring the big trees and elementals, good for exp and high runes because the trash dies fast if you lure them to a safe place.

For the elementals you need to be absolutely in their face. Ignore everything else and ww as short as possible as close as possible to them. One slightly long ww away from them and you're dead.
Risky strat is a rock shower when you're right on top of them where the cold breath doesn't hit as hard, but if it's successful they're dead in seconds.

On the big trees open some eggs so you got some fake trees to leech from and make sure there aren't too many archers, they will finish you while you're poisoned and are trying to rock shower the big tree. You should get astrogha charm for the poison length reduction before you seriously go after them though.

Also dying isn't a big deal, make sure you got a backup portal, the going may be slow, but the drops are worth it especially the runes to make your better runewords with.
megametalman
Cultist
21 | 0
If I MO a base hammerhead axe with %Enhanced Damage before applying the jewels and runes, does that increase the level requirement of the resulting runeword.

For example, base Gharaniq requires lvl 100. But if I apply 5 %ED MO first, will the final level requirement become 120, after applying all the necessary jewels and runes?

Does that mean I should only aim to make a "long-term" Gharaniq once I exceed level 120? Same question for any body armor runewords, etc.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
megametalman wrote:If I MO a base hammerhead axe with %Enhanced Damage before applying the jewels and runes, does that increase the level requirement of the resulting runeword.

For example, base Gharaniq requires lvl 100. But if I apply 5 %ED MO first, will the final level requirement become 120, after applying all the necessary jewels and runes?

Does that mean I should only aim to make a "long-term" Gharaniq once I exceed level 120? Same question for any body armor runewords, etc.

correct