Okay, so the hammer hit, and it.HIT.HARD.
The nerf hammer, if that wasn't clear. Was expecting it, but not this hard.
Let's summarize what happenned :
So, what did we win?
► patchnotes for batstrike
- Reduced Delay, possibly a nice attackspeed/damage upgrade? or only between different actions, making them more responsive (I suspect the latter, a nice QoL upgrade
- Shadow dancer damage passive for bats
. Kinda meh, costs points and only boosts their bad and hard to scale phys damage (most of the damage comes from ways).
- A bit of QoL
(no need to hit twice then autoattack before summoning), easier to use other skills like shadow refuge etcAnd what did we lose
- Can't use naginata anymore by using the skill on fang and proccing on naginata-autoattack. Losing the nagi is a big damage nerf, but was quite expected and warranted (made little sense to use this nagi on a claw skill). Still a big damage nerf
- Ways efficiency. Since Elemental Fangs got removed, we lost the "200% efficiency" for ways, meaning DAMAGE GUTTED
- Having 5 bats now require level 24 batstrike, so if you wanted to only put a few points there, now not only you need to max it but you also HAVE TO PICK SPECIALISATION
, losing more points and a mastery skill choice. ouch.
- Winged Calamity nerf is also quite the nerf : velocity (50% => 40%), bats base attack rating (10 000 => 8000) and damage reduction too, all nerfed
...Sorry guys, I felt like being truthful to the guide and starting as batsin, but the future looks very bleak. More stretched in points in a build which already was, and a thorough GUTTING OF DAMAGE, which is about the ONLY THING this build had for itself. Because no matter the nice little QoL, this is STILL :
- A melee temporary summoning skill which only lasts a frigging small 30seconds (tiring and risky summoner play)
- Bad aoe/clearspeed build
Perhaps they wanted to remove the clunkyness, which feels nice, but it's still not a great build to play and on top of that lost all of it's damage, so yeah I think I'll pass unless I feel a sudden masochistic impulsion rising from my gut at some point