Enigma wrote:-long post-
Lots of good thoughts here.
I agree on vita partially. Going down to 1 stormlord is a reasonable choice once you have charms to cover stats, and I don't think I believe everyone telling me that %vita is their best damage stat. Nephilim and a bit of % vita elsewhere to hit 15k life before you assemble a wormhole is solid and is mostly what I've focused on; I might end up removing quiet shrine from craft recommendations though.
50k AR sounds about right for Scos.
Made some gear changes based on your suggestions, but I think you overestimate +skills. It's good, but every +1 skills is just 1.4% of the slvl 28 damage. Specialization is probably worth it, though, and has been on the list of things I wanted to try out if/when I continue the build.
I may toss it together on single player and test some stuff to look at comparable value of + skills to cold spell damage in typical situations. I may very well over estimate + skills: I used +2pala+golden cycle wormhole this season too.
Siosilvar wrote:Made some gear changes based on your suggestions, but I think you overestimate +skills. It's good, but every +1 skills is just 1.4% of the slvl 28 damage. Specialization is probably worth it, though, and has been on the list of things I wanted to try out if/when I continue the build.
I agree. I've played around with some rare amulets. I found just a little bit of Spell Focus and/or Spell Damage easily outweighs +1 skill when comparing tooltip damage.
Spell focus does tons until you hit the cap though. I found I easily hit SF cap in end game and jewels seem like the most economical spot t to get it from.
Awesome advice. Bunch of this stuff I've never heard of. This really only my first time into late-endgame content. Can you help me understand?
Enigma wrote:Helm Crafting - FIgnus Fattus and Spellbind
Assuming you mean Ignis Fatuus, based on a quick search. But, I'm not even sure what what this is. I think I see it boosts spell focus and fire damage? Is this a passive skill, or active buff, or what? Does it need to be cast ever XX seconds like our other buffs?
And same with Spellbind. I think I see this is a Curse the is applied to enemies that weaken them. Is the correct?
Enigma wrote:Nats is probably BIS
Not sure what item you're referring to here.
What corrupt rolls were you looking for on Scared Holy Lance Base?
What corrupt rolls were you looking for on Binding Treads?
Enigma wrote:superbeast gains +1.25% spell damage for each point in blood thorns.
Mind blown. I don't know how I missed that. Going to respec now.
I feel like Robe of Steel is much better because of the % spell focus. Is the "cannot be frozen" on Icetomb worth that much?
What does Firedance skill do? Curse/spell/buff/etc? Something you have to actively cast?
Enigma wrote:Frozen Heart
What does Frozen Heart skill do? Curse/spell/buff/etc? Something you have to actively cast? I see it on some relics as "+10 to Frozen Heart while Carrying Periodic Relics" - I don't even know what that means either.
- Ignis Fatuus (sorry for typo before), is a buff that does ~200SF at the cost of 60 odd negative fire resist for a lemures paladin; Any fire damage buff isn't helpful. It lasts a few minutes so you can prebuff it, but I don't enjoy fooling around with gear switches except weapons which I can hotkey. It still lasts longer than my spark of hope though.
- Spell bind is indeed a powerful curse that weakens and slows enemies. It's one of the Amazon reward skills so you can check it out in game on an Amazon.
- Natasha's legacy is a unique crafted item (like the sky siege bow), it requires 6 of each ele rune + 6 more runestones and a design. It rolls: 0-4 skills, 0-3+max res, 1-25 pierce all, 1-(something, I think 20) Physical resists; it has no sockets though and is level 120.
- As far as I know, all corrupt rolls roll on all items that are corruptible (this could be wrong though). I was looking for anything useful: +max res is best, + spell damage is very good +vit/life is good. I rolled a 20% movement speed corruption on one of my skylords, which is decent.
- Yep, Superbeast spell damage went unnoticed by me for awhile too. It's almost hidden haha because I just know Superbeast is a 1 pointer so I assumed there was no synergy.
- Icetomb is better than Robe of steel if hitting your SF cap isn't an issue because it has the highest %cold damage buff in the game and +2 skills. The nature of UHM means that we get to ignore pierce as a damage multiplier, so once your SF hit's the cap of 1k and vita hits 2.1k the only damage multipliers left are + skills and Cold spell damage%; Icetomb seems to be the best for that.
- Cannot be frozen is a very good mod and necessary in Labs. Icetomb having it is a nice bonus but it can be gotten elsewhere.
-Fire dance is a spell that puts a ring of fire around you. You get a ton of %spell damage while standing in the ring (something bonkers like 60% IIRC). It's one of the reasons Lorekeeper is a serious contender glove for bossing to Lamha. That said, getting so much SF in a gloves slot from Lamha is too good to ignore, + fire dance slows you down while clearing so Lamha is better while clearing generally.
- Sorry, I got my wires crossed on frozen heart. I think it's Raven Heart. The one I'm thinking of does +60% cold spell damage at the cost of substantial negative life regen (which we than make inert due to our 1.5kish Life on Melee attack). Yea, the periodic relics are buffs that give frozen heart if you have them all; I'm not sure what frozen heart does but the 3 buffs from those relics are mediocre (Nova charge is good for dex based chars, other 2 are trash)