King of Orbs [SSF]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
ObobXL wrote:
usling wrote:
ObobXL wrote:
IronMan wrote:Anyone know how exactly the +40% Damage from
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
are calculated? If it's a straight up x1.4 after everything else is calculated I think I might try that.


Also, for anyone not having trophied their sleep yet, consider going with duncraig first to more comfortably solve the mana-sustain issues that start creeping in as you get more and more +Skills from gear and charms. It's also way quicker / let's you hang on to more of your sanity compared to going for Yshari. You can get back the damage by crafting SpellDamage or SpellFocus Jewels instead of Life/Mana on Hit ones, which you might have needed to use otherwise.


It's also worth pointing out that you can get either 21% fire spell damage or 21% cold spell damage on a Bone Chimes from the demon/undead damage on Dungcraig trophy. The life on attack is great extra sustain as well. IMO this makes it better than Yshari, and certainly a lot easier.


Not sure about that math... 60% to demons and 60% to Undead still makes it a long way to get the 500% for maximum benefit?

Still dont 100% understand how people can have problems with mana? sure if you go off and use stuff like adjudicator there is no more 200 mana on hit.. but then you might as well go the umo route and get the 200 mana on hit back that way.


The Bone Chimes gives 18% of total demon and undead damage as fire damage (or cold if you prefer). And 18% of 120 is 21%. The cap is a total of 40% bonus damage, which occurs around 222% demon and undead damage (which is hard to reach). The numbers have been tested in game.


18% sounds wild.. but if that is true I will 100% agree that dunc sleep is worth it. If you have to choose between fire or cold version... y sanctum pure damage wise would still be better as it gives both. But overall its very easy to farm dunc trophy so worth taking it to start with.
User avatar
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Here is a run of the build from level 1 - 120 (uhm from act3 normal)

Time: 5h12m

User avatar
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Hi guys. Now I use Lemures +
Skylord



Skylord
Paladin Spears

'ArcXethGlaMal'
Runeword Level: 100
Lemures Explosion Radius Increased by 2 yards
+(8 to 10) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(10 to 15)% Bonus to Spell Focus
90% Attack Speed
(75 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 60)% to Cold Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
+(75 to 125) Mana on Melee Attack
+(100 to 150) Mana when Struck by an Enemy
for farming, and switch weapon + Bloodthorn + its upgrade for bossing.

Can you recommend a weapon for Bloodthorn? I couldn't find an
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
. Should I shrine craft a spear?
ObobXL
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Maertsy wrote:Hi guys. Now I use Lemures +
Skylord



Skylord
Paladin Spears

'ArcXethGlaMal'
Runeword Level: 100
Lemures Explosion Radius Increased by 2 yards
+(8 to 10) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(10 to 15)% Bonus to Spell Focus
90% Attack Speed
(75 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(40 to 60)% to Cold Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
+(75 to 125) Mana on Melee Attack
+(100 to 150) Mana when Struck by an Enemy
for farming, and switch weapon + Bloodthorn + its upgrade for bossing.

Can you recommend a weapon for Bloodthorn? I couldn't find an
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
. Should I shrine craft a spear?


I've personally been using Lemures with Skylord for farming and then just respec into the upgrade for Lemures when I want to do a ton of big bosses. The item support for Blood Thorns is pretty weak, and I've got twice as much cold damage as fire damage on the rest of my gear.
Schelm1312
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
Just to get this right:
LoMA and MoMA is literally the only real sustain for this char (at least against bosses)?
AND
AR is literally only needed for sustain (and maybe on melee attack Procs)?

This seems like a lot of effort for High AR. Any recommendations how much AR might be enough?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 264
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Schelm1312 wrote:Just to get this right:
LoMA and MoMA is literally the only real sustain for this char (at least against bosses)?
AND
AR is literally only needed for sustain (and maybe on melee attack Procs)?

This seems like a lot of effort for High AR. Any recommendations how much AR might be enough?


30-40k Fauzt
40-60k Scos (higher is more comfortable against druids)
100-140k high labs
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but I'd point out that the recent life Regen changes are massive and worth considering. You can get 150regen/sec, per honorific item, before you include any socket fillers/UMOs/etc. It makes a huge difference for life sustain.
User avatar
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Semigloss wrote:Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but I'd point out that the recent life Regen changes are massive and worth considering. You can get 150regen/sec, per honorific item, before you include any socket fillers/UMOs/etc. It makes a huge difference for life sustain.


Defo worth considering. I tend to overdo it with attack rating for the content I do.. some more life reg could defo make some things even more chill :mrgreen:
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
usling wrote:
Semigloss wrote:Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but I'd point out that the recent life Regen changes are massive and worth considering. You can get 150regen/sec, per honorific item, before you include any socket fillers/UMOs/etc. It makes a huge difference for life sustain.


Defo worth considering. I tend to overdo it with attack rating for the content I do.. some more life reg could defo make some things even more chill :mrgreen:

Anyway you got Vindicate as paladin.... I think life reg is worth in characters with insane defense, good life but zero life reg... for example, barbarian...witn 1M of defense it's hard get damage, and with Life leech you are almost full life in seconds... the thing is in places like Ureh you would get some hits, and as barb don't gets innate life reg is pretty hard survive with no mobs for leech...
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
hey guys.... do you get any good thing for giving base levels to Superbeast? or we only get + duration? the 1.25 spell damage per base level in ritualist skill tree is always the same?