Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
great guide im enjoying the build as break from holy pal and druids ...of various types..
or bowazon.. so what types of shrines should i be looking for and which Mo's should i stack up im guessing gfor orbs minion X or boost x on minion but what shrines should i be looking for for building my mid game armour pieces
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bradr wrote:great guide im enjoying the build as break from holy pal and druids ...of various types..
or bowazon.. so what types of shrines should i be looking for and which Mo's should i stack up im guessing gfor orbs minion X or boost x on minion but what shrines should i be looking for for building my mid game armour pieces

If it's for your merc: abondoned shrines, mo'ed with ed until you reach 200%, ress until merc reaches 75% and tcd or dex

If it's for you: magical shrines are those that add minion life and minion resist. Mo them with ed until you reach 200%, minion life, (minion resist only if you have less than 75 minion resist in total) the rest goes in magic find.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:great guide im enjoying the build as break from holy pal and druids ...of various types..

If it's for your merc: abondoned shrines, mo'ed with ed until you reach 200%, ress until merc reaches 75% and tcd or dex

If it's for you: magical shrines are those that add minion life and minion resist. Mo them with ed until you reach 200%, minion life, (minion resist only if you have less than 75 minion resist in total) the rest goes in magic find.

for me .. so damm which shrines add minion life and resist? and im guessing bloodstone and onyx for gems too??
and any point to the presv head? or the other necro things?? im used to pally or druid where you do the whole kit help and staff.. and very rigid set armour etc..
so what armour and helm or boot and glove types do i want .. for early gear ? and mid gear and base types to use to make honourific /craft?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

for me .. so damm which shrines add minion life and resist? and im guessing bloodstone and onyx for gems too??
and any point to the presv head? or the other necro things?? im used to pally or druid where you do the whole kit help and staff.. and very rigid set armour etc..
so what armour and helm or boot and glove types do i want .. for early gear ? and mid gear and base types to use to make honourific /craft?

Magical shrines add minion life and minion resist.
Bloodstones in weapon add minion life, so it's best to use those.

For early game gear (honorific) I just buy magical gloves, boots and belt from act1 merchant. Defense is not that important in early game.

For your shrine crafted items, I usually go with greaves, plated Belt and gauntlets in order to get more defense. Plus: goetia plate requires 614 strength anyway, so it makes sense to equip the highest requirement piece in every slot.

Concerning necromancer shields and wands: there is a use for those, but I have to find it first :D I think necromancer shields can spawn with that buff wich adds +10 skills when you're standing in a very small area. (I forgot the name of that skill) that one is really nice for prebuffing when you first summon everything in a game.

The necromancer sets are rather weak, except the Lazarus set.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
yeah the lazarus set looks nice wasntr thrilled with the others like i said used to playibng pallys and druids so even the gearing is very diff than hard set and item type dependant stuff is it worth stacking some reanimator stuff since im going with summoner theme anyways..never played suh a merc dependant char.. so do i want priest mid and late game? or just early what class for mid/late for merc? and thanks the guide i good slightly diff format than im used to but .. its good
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Priestess merc is good throughout the game. However ranger merc works as well in late game. It's up to you which a1 merc you chose.

Concerning reanimates: neither totems nor summons will profit from it. The only way to get reanimates is by giving your merc gear with reanimates. I gave my merc a
Candlewake
Candlewake
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8032 - 9339) to (11077 - 12593)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
-2% Base Block Chance
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(1500 to 3500) Defense
(10 to 25)% to Strength
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
(1/2 chance to appear)
Socketed (6)
and the reanimates are quite useful in TA because they walk away and block more broadsides.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Priestess merc is good throughout the game. However ranger merc works as well in late game. It's up to you which a1 merc you chose.

Concerning reanimates: neither totems nor summons will profit from it. The only way to get reanimates is by giving your merc gear with reanimates. I gave my merc a
Candlewake
Candlewake
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8032 - 9339) to (11077 - 12593)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
-2% Base Block Chance
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(1500 to 3500) Defense
(10 to 25)% to Strength
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
(1/2 chance to appear)
Socketed (6)
and the reanimates are quite useful in TA because they walk away and block more broadsides.

cool yeah i copulnt see the player stuff boosting reanimates but i had a feeling having em would be useful like the stock em on mercs ger idea didnt think about using em to prevent broadsides
i look forward to a new revised version.. still not sure i can find a use for the other necro class stuff shield s/heads etc.. but maybe im missing something
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
btw what lvl do i have to be to get ghed to gamble marrow staves?? im 10th and i sdont see any ive gambled about 60 times in a row 0 marrow staves
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
The marrow staffs are best gambled at lvl 105 (because Ilvl is usually +-5 of your character lvl). I don't know when they spawn. For early game a unique marrow staff from gheed is the best.
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
what would you recommend for the requiment of Quo Tsin, which gear to put on the the 150 DR? I have 90 from rings and amulet