The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

requiemss
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Hey 2 thingies:
Here is the Ranking System i use for my builds on a scale from 1 to 10 :

Here the 1 is red and the 10 is green but in the "Table of contents" you used red for both the 1s and 10s.

26. 1.3. Die Hard - Crane Stance barbarian - KS:8 S:10 Ge:9 F:9 Ga:9 E:9 Build rank: 9 Jump at the miniguide!

And here the build rank is in red too which is not consistent with the others miniguides.
La_minore
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
On the "Die Hard" barbarian build, what is the source of the 50%DR? Looks solid, I wanna start a fresh barb for this.
Crash
Shenk the Overseer
6219 | 260
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
depends on the gear you choose and what stance. in some instances, yo udo get 50% dr with gear and/or bear stance, but mostly you're using crane stance and relying on gear.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2914 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
requiemss wrote:red and green
your observation is correct . in order to (quick) fix this , i have marked the 10 with red too

thanks !
La_minore
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
Been skimming through your old Omega compilation. Are the barbarian builds ther still viable, like the "terroblade" one, or "ares"? I'm going to make a few dual wielders. Throwing barb is kind of... good for farming only?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2914 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i have removed all dual wielder builds from the compilation a few patches ago . they are no longer viable because there are no skills left that encourage using 2 weapons instead of 1h weapon + shield or 2h weapon . the benefits of holding the second weapon equipped are too small as not all benefits apply to your attacks , you also don't proc from that weapon . dual wielding skills were broken (not working as intended) , so they were removed . i don't think they will return very soon , but if/when they will return , i will for sure update the old builds .

the throwing barbs are good for anything , same as any other type of barb build .
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello

First at all thanks for the compilation it help me a lot and i'm pretty newbie in Median XL

A question

I follow the mini guide " Ivy poison" for sorceress and i near to lvl 120

For upgrade my stuff and follow the guide i need to craft some stuff but my question is do you have a tips for have the required strenght for stuff ?

all piece required 500+ str ... and i don't know what to do . Respec my skill point and put all in strenght ?

Thanks for your help
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2914 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
hello , the miniguide also specifies for sockets "-requirements jewels" . craft those jewels and socket them in your gear

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

zod crafts can spawn with up to -10% req. , Ort crafts can spawn with up to -14% req.

gain charms that provide flat stats and %stats

you can use some "in between" crafts first , between the early game gear honorifics and the final crafts . you can MO those "in between" crafts with extra -%requirements mo's . you will replace them with the final crafts when you will get more charms in your inventory . those"in between" crafts don't have to be godly , as you will replace them anyway , they just need to be better than the early game gear .

you can also try the "lol crafts" (low ilvl crafts) as "in-between crafts" , as they have a lower level requirement and more MO space on which you can add -%requirements mo's

you can get at least half the charms with just the early game gear on

good luck !
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2914 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i hope the forum will stay up when i arrive home from work so i may finish editing the no.53 Arrow swarm barb :))

http://www.twitch.tv/chucknorised
Edited by ChuckNoRis 10 months.
requiemss
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Hey Chuck, im currently using a Bow Druid (Strenght based) and Im struggling in Terror (lvl 65 atm). I've just checked your miniguides and i found that in your Strongbow druid guide you based your early game on Dex... is it so much better? i currently have some T6 (been forced to drop all my stats on STR to carry the bow + -%req jewels), and i feel like i'm not doing enough damage nor tanking enough, problably because im building like shit.
What numbers should i look up for in early game for the druid bow skills?