Single Player Save File Backup Tool

Share your videos and screenshots
__VelveTea
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello all!

I've taken a popular save file backup tool from MHW and modified it slightly for MXL.
It's entirely a powershell script and saved as a .bat, so you are free to look at exactly what it does.

I know that many players (if not most) are on TSW, but there are many people like myself that can't or don't wish to (latency, or other reasons).
I did this after I had a power outage that corrupted my main save in SP. Obviously, this is pointless in TSW since saves are not stored locally.

Features:
  • Backup your save files with a simple double-click
  • Option to auto-backup your saves at regular intervals while minimized (pretty sure you still need to save+exit game for the new data to write to the save file)
  • Supports compression
  • Modifiable to your liking (save location, naming, etc.)

Readme included. It should work straight out of the box for most MXL installs (it assumes your save is located in its typical Appdata location). If it doesn't, you may have to change the save file path in the bat. Instructions on how to do that are included.

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to message me via one of the contact methods in the readme or by replying to this thread.

If you wish to see the source and put it together yourself because you don't trust someone with no post history etc., here is a pastebin with the script. I don't blame you.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the download link is not showing for some people. If this is the case, simply go to the pastebin link, copy it to a text file, and save it as a .bat file.