Phoebe, the Hammerzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Tanin
Pit Knight
117 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
Tanin wrote:Ok.
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)


you should be using mag field for this. it hits way more times. I just used ecstatic frenzy with a respec to max it and get damage, it goes extremely fast, or if you have
Trang-Oul's Breath
Trang-Oul's Breath
Mask (Sacred)

Defense: 940 to 1004
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 540
Item Level: 105
Frozen Breath: Halved Freeze Duration
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
-(11 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(11 to 25)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(11 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(11 to 25) to Frozen Breath (Paladin Only)
+(11 to 25) to Drakemaw (Paladin Only)
+500 to Mana
Maximum Fire Resist +(0 to 2)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(0 to 2)%
Socketed (4)
, tht with mag field should be enough at a somewhat okay rate.

Otherwise, you can just get a balefire oskill helmet or respec to bloodzon really quick for magic missiles, whatever you think is most comfortable.


I don’t have the helm but I am having a hard time believing it will make a difference.

I tried killing that seal with Jitan’s+Siegfried rw with magnetic field and it took 7-8 minutes of just standing with the mouse button clicked. Afterwards it was carnage for me...

Will the added elemental damage from Trang-Oul’s really make that big of a difference?
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6620 | 284
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tanin wrote:Will the added elemental damage from Trang-Oul’s really make that big of a difference?


If you want the easiest, fastest result for the magic seal, just make sure you have two belladonnas, respec to max ecstatic frenzy, use that with magnetic field, then respec back after you're done
User avatar
Demonlord
Azure Drake
172 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Whats your Thoughts on Rebel El+Xis Chest? 200% EWD and +250 flat str and dex? Not too bad and almost gives what SOK gives kinda without the bug? That bug is pretty noticeable when i swap to a MF chest and dont really lose much damage at all.. not near anything close to what i should feel im losing. Best thing about the MF chest i run it caps my Phys res im normally a few short on with SOK. But i would like to work in some more damage for faster farming if possible. IDK ive looked through the lists a few times and im pretty hard pressed to find anything close to better than what you have listed really.. Bravo.


Thats pretty much the only other thing i can figure to do with this thing now gear wise is work in as much MF as possible while still being able to farm Fauzt/Bremm/Dunc consistently. Im up to like 200% now i think but i swap out SOK for Haralti's or something like that. And run some MF boots and jewelry atm. I got that one Liliths MF belt but its on my merc i cant seem to work it in realistically without giving up my FCR and FBR BPs. Maybe work on some better stuff for my Merc i guess. He does put in work. And ive noticed the more levels my Merc gets the better he survives farming. At 134 he was toast second he walked in Fauzt now hes fine in there. This is with no gear changes either.

2 more levels to 140. Guess after that exp is gonna come to a crawl im expecting. its already starting to drop off pretty good now.
User avatar
Chris_Kush
Djinn
500 | 16
Nice guide, enjoying playing this character so far...at 110lvl at the moment. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how viable a caster bias would be with this build. I am thinking of respecing to HoZ, Stormcall and Magnetic Field and using
Thunderbane
Thunderbane
War Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (111 - 128) to (164 - 215)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 494
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.17 per Dexterity)%
100% of Magnetic Field Bonus Lightning Damage Converted to Physical
60% of Weapon Damage Added to Magnetic Field as Bonus Physical Damage
+(4 to 5) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(140 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (20 to 30)-(40 to 80) damage
Spellbind Cooldown Reduced by 2 seconds
+50% Damage to Undead
Physical Resist 5%
+(3 to 4) Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
. Focus on increasing cast speed, mana and life leech, and (- enemy lightening resist) + Spell Damage. HoZ + Stormcall + Thundercrack for farming and HoZ + Magnetic Field for Boss killing.

Seems like it could be fun, just wanted to check if you have already tried it and how you found the build viability?
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6620 | 284
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think Thunderbane was shit when I tried it with a phys mag field.

hammer scales really high off of spell damage but I think you'll still run into some damage cap issues.

using 3 skills for farming is unnecessary. Stormcall is outclassed by the others in a hammer spec. You'd want a full caster setup for that and to just ignore the hammer/mag field stuff. i chose to build a phys wdm hammer build since I Saw it more beneficial than a caster stormcall
User avatar
Chris_Kush
Djinn
500 | 16
Crash wrote:I think Thunderbane was shit when I tried it with a phys mag field.

hammer scales really high off of spell damage but I think you'll still run into some damage cap issues.

using 3 skills for farming is unnecessary. Stormcall is outclassed by the others in a hammer spec. You'd want a full caster setup for that and to just ignore the hammer/mag field stuff. i chose to build a phys wdm hammer build since I Saw it more beneficial than a caster stormcall


Thanks, really like the build so far and enjoying the playstyle. I am basically just exploring some different gear / skills options and seeing if I can make any gains for specific situations / areas. Positioning is definitely key with HoZ; I am finding myself dropping a few in a square configuration and then standing in the middle with Thundercrack is working pretty well. Only real challenge at the moment is finding the correct strategy / balance for each boss.

Are you still playing this character? If so, are you hitting any walls in the content?
Propz
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Tanin wrote:Ok.
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)


Hey Tanin, how were you able to take down Kabraxis? What gear setup r u running?
Tanin
Pit Knight
117 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Propz wrote:
Tanin wrote:Ok.
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)


Hey Tanin, how were you able to take down Kabraxis? What gear setup r u running?


Kiting. 1-3 clicks of Hammer and move. and again. Took about 10 minutes.

I have most of the end game gear(with high rolls):
Weapon: Battlemaiden
Shield: Danmaku
Armor: Skin of Kabraxis
Helm: Helepolis
Gloves: Visegrip
Belt: The Endless Loop
Boots: Death Spur
Rings: Assur's Bane + rare ring
Amulet: Rare
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6620 | 284
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
don't forget spellbind too. that helps a lot for most bosses.
Propz
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Tanin wrote:
Propz wrote:
Tanin wrote:Ok.
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)


Hey Tanin, how were you able to take down Kabraxis? What gear setup r u running?


Kiting. 1-3 clicks of Hammer and move. and again. Took about 10 minutes.

I have most of the end game gear(with high rolls):
Weapon: Battlemaiden
Shield: Danmaku
Armor: Skin of Kabraxis
Helm: Helepolis
Gloves: Visegrip
Belt: The Endless Loop
Boots: Death Spur
Rings: Assur's Bane + rare ring
Amulet: Rare