Disclaimer: this topic is a teaser and everything is subject to change. The full patch notes will be released 2 days prior to the new season.
Legion of the Damned
New endgame wave-like dungeon with increasing difficulty
The upcoming 2.1 patch features a new endgame zone. In this new dungeon, you'll face a shadow from the past: Manoruk, the former mage at Leoric's court. Once slew by the Mad King, his spirit is now enslaved by Diablo to lead the legion of terror in the reconquest of the Burning Hells' throne.
- Level 120 zone, accessed by obtaining the Call of the Damned scroll (random Hell-only drop)
- Defeat multiple waves of undead enemies to stop the necromancer's invasion
- Enemies from waves reward you with lots of items and experience
- If you want even more and better rewards you can modify the quest battle, with greater difficulty giving better rewards
- Charm obtained by defeating all waves can enhance many desirable stats for your character based on your other equipment
Several classes and builds have been improved
The next patch brings several build reworks in addition to balance improvements. One of them has even been chosen by our Patreon community - as part of our latest goal, we are making a poll each season and letting people select which build they want to see changed. The community has spoken and the winner for this season is the Javazon! But don't worry, as there are multiple builds that are receiving improvements in the next patch:
- Javazon: more traditional javazon experience without clunky skills that people don't like to use
- Summoner Necromancer: streamlined skills, improved movement (Bend the Shadows no longer requires a minion), and made viable on 125+ content
- Crossbow Necromancer: Buckshot replaces Flametail Shot for an improved leveling experience, Widowmaker conversion changed to fire to fit the rest of the build
- Wolf/Bear Druid: removed the unintuitive "Feral Speed" mechanic from vanilla, and these builds now scale IAS like other specs, allowing more gear options and stronger edge for 2-hand variants
- Increased health per level for Amazon and Necromancer, and health per point in vitality for Amazon, Assassin, Druid, Necromancer, and Sorceress
Crafting jewels has received a major Quality-of-Life revamp
Greatly simplified the process of making crafted jewels:
- New item: Catalyst of Jewelcrafting, drops from Izual in Nightmare difficulty
- The catalyst must be charged with up to 10 Arcane Crystals before it can be used. Each crystal provides 5 charges
- Crafting jewels is now as simple as cubing a jewel and the catalyst, rune, and oil are no longer needed
- Re-rolling the catalyst by itself will allow you to select a different affix
- Jewelcrafting recipes now have a built-in gold cost (varies per affix)
- Crafting jewels no longer reduces their ilvl
This feature means you could essentially roll a thousand jewels without having to swap a single ingredient, as long as you have the resources.
New Scosglen content, reduction of Purify fights, and made Dungeons more summoner-friendly
In addition to a brand new quest, there is more content coming to endgame zones, such as Scosglen, as well as some long-needed changes to some of the existing dungeons. Our goal is to reduce the amount of Purify battles in order to keep Purify a unique and interesting mechanic of specific fights rather than a gimmick to prevent certain bosses from being deleted too quickly.
- Now features 6 corrupted minibosses: Werewolf, Werebear, Wereowl, Seer, Naturist, and Hunter
- These rare minibosses drop a new item type - Treasure Chests, which each require a specific rune to unlock
- Obtaining the 6 Tenets (rare drop from Treasure Chests) allows crafting a powerful charm: Tur Dulra's Oak Seed
- This rare charm is dynamic and allows you to select/reroll a stat you want out of a group at any time. For example, you could have the charm provide 50 strength and 2% max cold res, but later reroll it to vitality and fire res. The charm has 8 different stat groups, all of which can be re-rolled.
- Nymyr's Light: Atanna Khan fully reworked, no longer a Purify fight
- Spirit World: removed Purify component, along with other mechanical changes and damage rebalance
- Baal: no longer heavily punishes summoner specs on Hell difficulty
More unannounced features and changes...
There are still more changes that we're excited to showcase soon. If you are impatient, you may find occasional sneak peeks at our Discord channel. Or you could take it a step further and join our 2.1 beta testing team by becoming a Patron. Thanks to everyone for being a part of this wonderful community and see you on the 10th!