Xbow Necromancer

Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Can crafted stinger crossbows still spawn with procs? Ive done a ton of craft attempts and I don't think ive had a single proc. Granted, i'm playing single player, but still..... Using creepy, weird and intimidating shrines.
Wuhrfrahmen
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I've gone through more Creepy shrines than I can count, and have never come up with a good bosskiller xbow. Maybe I just have bad luck. Right now am using Hwanin's for farming and Nihlathak's for single target bosses.

I think that whether you put points in Flametail or not at the very high levels (125+) depends on whether you are farming or doing challenges/bosses. I'm going through the same dilemma now, and have concluded that I'll just have to respect as needed to go after the high-end bosses. Would be interested to see if anyone has found a better way to deal with switching b/t farming and bosskiller objectives.
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:I've gone through more Creepy shrines than I can count, and have never come up with a good bosskiller xbow. Maybe I just have bad luck. Right now am using Hwanin's for farming and Nihlathak's for single target bosses.

I think that whether you put points in Flametail or not at the very high levels (125+) depends on whether you are farming or doing challenges/bosses. I'm going through the same dilemma now, and have concluded that I'll just have to respect as needed to go after the high-end bosses. Would be interested to see if anyone has found a better way to deal with switching b/t farming and bosskiller objectives.

I've only respecced one time at 130 or so and that was just to move some statpoints from dex to str because charms gave enough AR alone at that point.

Following this skillbuild since level 1:

Max: Widowmaker, Dragonfire oil, Embalming
1 pointers: Talon's hold, Death Pact, Famine
14 points Flametail shot
25/28 points in Death Ward and 6/17 in Rathma's Chosen (I headed for 10% ds here).

I'm using Advent of Hatred for single target/less crowded farming areas and hwanins for farming and I could kill almost every uber boss (except laz, atanna khan, valthek, void end fight) without ever reskilling for the specific fight. Advent of Hatred is also really cheap/easy to get your hands on in comparison to buriza :) It melts bosses even when I still have those 14 points in flametail/not used in other skills.

What also really really helps imo is always having 50 phys res (truce, erawan or petulant, dyers eve, knuckle rings, gelebs, royal circ or witchhunters hood).
Hope that helps.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
798 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
► Show Spoiler

It's nothing great but this is what I spent 200+ shrines coming up with yesterday....
It's a dps increase over hwanin on single target, but I've only used it so far farming kab for trophy.
AnimeWaifu
Stygian Watcher
43 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GsusXL wrote:
Paladin wrote:What do you think about
Rebel (Xis)
vs.
The Petulant
The Petulant
Hard Leather Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 7053 to 7521
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 120
While Tantrum is Active:
+0.5% Deadly Strike per Tantrum Skill Level
+0.5% Crushing Blow per Tantrum Skill Level
+3% Weapon Physical Damage per Tantrum Skill Level
25% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +(30 to 60)%
+200% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 20)% to All Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
?

If those are your options i'd definitly go with Petulant.
SBS is still the overall best armor for us, though.

I tested both in an endgame setup and petulant gives way more weapon damage than sbs, counting deadly strike. It also has no speed penalty and gives 25 ms, and has 10 phys res, so its a clear winner for me.

Things that sbs has going for it:
- leech and ar (good if you need them, I don't tho)
- proc (negligible)
- reanimate (negligible)
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Hmm, how did you get tantrum and isnt using it a waste of time compared to widowmaker?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
GsusXL wrote:Hmm, how did you get tantrum and isnt using it a waste of time compared to widowmaker?

You don't. Petulant has good stats even disregarding the tantrum portion.

Ntf1015 wrote:Can crafted stinger crossbows still spawn with procs? Ive done a ton of craft attempts and I don't think ive had a single proc. Granted, i'm playing single player, but still..... Using creepy, weird and intimidating shrines.

They can.

APAKane wrote:Can a craft ever be better than say Nihlathak's Bombard or Buriza? Maybe I've just had absolutely awful luck but those unique bows have crazy stats far better than anything that came out of my hundreds of crafting attempts.

Also: Now that I have reached a point where there aren't enough skillpoints to keep the 4 core skills maxed + 14 points to Flametail what should I do?
Is it best to keep a balance or should I keep widowmaker maxed for example? Fewer points into flametail? or More..?

Yes. Top 3 boss weapons would be godly craft, Buri and Advent. Nihlathak's bombard is mediocre unless you go full elemental spec. Stygian fury used to be good but loss of Burning Veil hurt.

Widowmaker should always be maxed, no questions. I'd drop points in Death pact.
orfeio
Imp
5 | 0
im new on this so i have a question, how i craft a stinger bow ? put the sacred stinger on cube + a shrine ?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
orfeio wrote:im new on this so i have a question, how i craft a stinger bow ? put the sacred stinger on cube + a shrine ?

Sacred rare stinger + shrine
orfeio
Imp
5 | 0
Moasseman wrote:
orfeio wrote:im new on this so i have a question, how i craft a stinger bow ? put the sacred stinger on cube + a shrine ?

Sacred rare stinger + shrine

ty, so for hwanins is craft too ?