Disclaimer: this topic is a teaser and everything is subject to change. The full patch notes are released 2 days prior to new season.
New Item: Relics
The new endgame socketables enable lots of new builds and endgame optimization
Relics are a new unique item type which can be inserted into socketed items, like gems. They always spawn with two affixes: an oSkill and a stat which modifies that skill in some way, or adds a stat that is related to the oSkill. Relics aim to take the concept of the Cornerstone of the World to a whole new dimension. Many restrictions, such as added level requirement or inability to unsocket, have been lifted. Now they no longer always provide +1 skill level, instead each Relic can roll a specific range for every skill, sometimes going as high as level 20 or above. Collecting multiple copies of the same Relic on one character will lead to powerful new oSkill-based builds or help existing class skills scale very strongly. Relics look like jewels but aren't - they cannot be used for runewords and aren't affected by zones with jewel bias, their drop chance scales simply based on area level, so you are always farming for them.
- A total of 320 new unique Relics have been introduced, replacing the Cornerstones of the World
- Relics provide an oSkill of a high level and a stat that is related to or modifies the skill directly
- They provide a high value of a single stat, and there's at least a relic for nearly every stat in game
- Their drop chance increases with area level and is independent of jewelry bias, Hell difficulty only
- Relics can be unsocketed and don't add level requirement
- New oSkills added to the pool and some removed, specifically the ones that required a morph or a class-specific weapon
Dungeon: The Void
A complete overhaul of this endgame quest
Some issues with The Void quest include a 15 minute boss fight being resolved into just a few seconds of action, and certain miniboss mechanics being nearly impossible for some builds. The new dungeon rework aims to solve these issues and further improve on the mechanics as an integral aspect of the quest. Every sin trial now requires you to figure out the mechanic needed to defeat each boss.
Inarius can no longer be defeated in the Cathedral of Vanity. He disappears at the end of the encounter revealing the way to The Void. Only heroes who prove themselves virtuous may trace the path to its end. Unfortunately for the father of Sanctuary, he was deceived by Lilith who corrupted the summoning ring and will interfere in his plans. She takes no sides but casts a pool of blood, which makes Inarius vulnerable to damage... Unfortunately she herself is vulnerable to damage, especially cold, so you must do all you can to keep her away from Inarius' Frozen Chaos attack! Movement is key.
- New Boss Fight: you need to defeat Inarius while keeping Lilith alive
- All quest trials were fully rebalanced and some were completely replaced
- New quest is more fair across different builds, and provides more options to beat trials
- All maps have been replaced with new improved ones
A new midgame boss encounter to challenge your reflexes...
A Riftwalker has invaded Sanctuary and is trying to wreak havoc. Defeat it in Act 2 but beware of stormy weather! Dimensional travel can distort the magnetic field of the world which manifests as a violent thunderstorm. You will want to position yourself to counter its attacks and obtain good resistances in case you make a mistake. This new quest replaces the old Veteran challenge, which did not add anything interesting to the game, and is part of our original Median XL storyline. This story deals with the implications of the Worldstone's destruction by Tyrael and can be continued in the Dimensional Labyrinth and Herald of the End endgame quests.
More unannounced features and changes...
As most of you know, this topic is just a teaser and only covers the main features coming in Season 25. This means more changes will be posted prior to release, including: three new class skills, warping skills picking up gold, creating trophy fragments and more! We welcome everyone to the new season and as usual thank everyone for being a part of the community and for your ongoing support.