Custom Diablo 2 Fonts by BLCKBLuRz

Share your videos and screenshots
User avatar
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
English Only Custom Fonts by Myself.
I just started working on fonts, so issues are to be expected.
Bare with me.

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler


1. Extract .zip
2. Put both the font16.dc6 and font16.tbl files into YOURDIABLO2DIRECTORY/data/local/font/latin/ - You may need to create these folders yourself!
3. Make a shortcut to your "Game.exe"
4. Add -direct to the end of the target line on your shortcut.
5. Run the game from Game.exe shortcut you just made/edited.
6. Profit.

You can also change some settings inside of your settings.json file, in order to be able to use the custom fonts and be able to run the game from the MXL LAuncher, instead of Game.exe. But I am not exactly sure how this is done. If you would like to know. Read the ocmments below!



DOWNLOAD

EDIT: I WILL BE FIXING THE ALIGNMENT OF THE GROUND ITEMS AND THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN ! PLEASE HOLD TIGHT! I AM WAITING ON SOME TOOL UPDATES! THANKS!

WILL BE POSTING MORE
Edited by BLCKBLuR 1 month.
User avatar
Taem
Rakkis Guardsman
2157 | 80
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Wow fucking tight font for D2!

Edit: fucking stupid spell checker on phone correcting proper words ...
User avatar
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Taem wrote:Wow fucking tight font for D2!

Edit: fucking stupid spell checker on phone correcting proper words ...


Thanks! I will be making more soon! I prefer fonts that are clearer to read and easy on the eyes ;]
User avatar
Crash
Madawc
6729 | 312
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BLCKBLuR wrote:
Taem wrote:Wow fucking tight font for D2!

Edit: fucking stupid spell checker on phone correcting proper words ...


Thanks! I will be making more soon! I prefer fonts that are clearer to read and easy on the eyes ;]


this font in particular is not easy on the eyes in the visual of d2. the letters are all the same size in terms of width and height appearance, and makes the leading between each line look too similar to the spacing between the letters. everything melts together
User avatar
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Crash wrote:
BLCKBLuR wrote:
Taem wrote:Wow fucking tight font for D2!

Edit: fucking stupid spell checker on phone correcting proper words ...


Thanks! I will be making more soon! I prefer fonts that are clearer to read and easy on the eyes ;]


this font in particular is not easy on the eyes in the visual of d2. the letters are all the same size in terms of width and height appearance, and makes the leading between each line look too similar to the spacing between the letters. everything melts together


Thanks for the reply, I personally set the leading up this way because I enjoyed the way it looked. The letters are not all the same size either. But I will keep this in mind for my other fonts though! Maybe I can add width, while also heightening the lead a tiny bit.

P.S - If the leading is set too high and you look at an item such as that malthaels in OP, the font size gets tiny because it cannot fit all of the text on screen.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
I can't have the font when using launcher.

I tried to add the font when using Diablo2.exe shortcut and it works. But when I add -direct for the client shortcut, or without direct, the font is not added.
User avatar
BLCKBLuR
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Chance wrote:I can't have the font when using launcher.

I tried to add the font when using Diablo2.exe shortcut and it works. But when I add -direct for the client shortcut, or without direct, the font is not added.


Make a shortcut of game.exe, not diabloii.exe, and add -direct to the end of the target line. I dont know much about the troubleshooting, as I have not had any issues besides with having the edit the sizes etc.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
BLCKBLuR wrote:Make a shortcut of game.exe, not diabloii.exe, and add -direct to the end of the target line. I dont know much about the troubleshooting, as I have not had any issues besides with having the edit the sizes etc.


I created a Game.exe shortcut, add -direct, but I still have a few things to work on:

1. Font (2nd one) works for Diabloii.exe, and Game.exe. But client still not having the same result. I tried both Median...exe and that exe with shortcut (+ -direct), but it still didn't work. I also made a data folder (with all the sub folder) and the font, in the Median XL folder, but still didn't work.
2. I can connect to TSW by running Game.exe (or Diabloii.exe), but I can run 3 game instances (or more). So, I think this might be illegal and get banned.
User avatar
Argetlam
Imp
4 | 0
GG
nice work
User avatar
Crash
Madawc
6729 | 312
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BLCKBLuR wrote:Thanks for the reply, I personally set the leading up this way because I enjoyed the way it looked. The letters are not all the same size either. But I will keep this in mind for my other fonts though! Maybe I can add width, while also heightening the lead a tiny bit.

P.S - If the leading is set too high and you look at an item such as that malthaels in OP, the font size gets tiny because it cannot fit all of the text on screen.


there's a chance too that the weight of the font was throwing me off. For example, I'm not huge on bold fonts, but the heavier weight in your Grotesk fonts seem to largely help the readability. although, idk if that will be effective for every font type.

a lot could also be my preference on the typeface itself. I tend to lean towards slightly more narrow sans fonts.

example:
Image