XVc | XVr - Bugs&Feedback

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Daimoth
Stone Warrior
34 | 4
Rescinded
ermell61
Imp
5 | 0
Metalistas wrote:Noticed this while playing treewarden. When i take enough damage and lose the morph the Vizjun charm starts the blast wave. If i don't die (happens a lot since i got LL and procs already started) - it's only one lvl 59 blast wave. If i die right after - Vizjun charm starts another blast wave.

yeah.. also you can survive one powder keg blast in duncraig then return back into your treewarden/trap rat form..

do you think it is a tweak or also a bug? haha

Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's an old morph bug. Consider it a second chance opportunity :)
Somnus
Joyboy
1338 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Nef rune shows lvl 13 and Tir rune lvl 13 too. GG
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Somnus wrote:Nef rune shows lvl 13 and Tir rune lvl 13 too. GG

El and Eld both have lvl req of 11. Not a bug.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
► Show Spoiler
Italianpower
Acid Prince
45 | 3
Great Popularity Badge
It's not a bug, just a feedback about a weapon:

Panthera's Bite
Two-Hand Damage: (616-668) to (1244-1337)
Durability: 80
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 369
Required Strength: 350
Required Level: 100
Adds Dexterity Damage Bonus: (102/256 per Dexterity)%
Mega Impact
2% CtC lvl 10 Superbeast when you Kill an Enemy
5% CtC lvl 15 Amplify Damage on Striking
+(300 to 350)% Enhanced damage
Adds 200-500 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Slows Target by 30%
+150 Life after each Kill
+200% to Experience Gained
150% Magic Find
Socketed (6)

Isn't that a bit unfair towards the other poor characters that are not Amazons?
I mean.. 200% more xp is a LOT more, it makes lvling to 125 easy for most Amazons.
I'm not asking to remove it, just nerf it a little bit, it's one of the best (if not THE best) spears for an Amazon, so you don't even have to switch to another weapon and lower your killspeed/survivability
Somnus
Joyboy
1338 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
01001010 wrote:
Somnus wrote:Nef rune shows lvl 13 and Tir rune lvl 13 too. GG

El and Eld both have lvl req of 11. Not a bug.

Oh, I thought it was something like el rune lvl 11, eld lvl 12 etc
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge

Orb + shield sorceress feedback

Damage loss is too great

• Fastest cast speed with orbs is 7fpc, compared to 4fpc with a staff for basically the same amount of FCR. So with an orb you can only ever reach up to 57% of the dps potential compared to a staff.
  • On top of this the stat budget of staves is vastly superior. A rare staff can spawn with up to 12 skills, 125% spelldmg for an element & 50 pierce for an element. A rare orb caps out at 5 skills, 50% spelldmg and 50 pierce.
  • General spell caster shields are sorely lacking. The only decent TU shield (Ivory tower) requires 300str, which you cannot afford at that stage of the game. Rare shields spawn with no caster mods AT ALL. Runeword options are also non-existent until Destruction when you can use a Qor to make avatar. The best shield you can use in the mid game is an honorific, which is rather disappointing. A good SSU / SSSU shield exists but such rare drops cannot be taken into account for a normal build.
  • You will have vastly less energy than a staff build.

So not only are you punished with a hard limit on your damage via slower animations (acceptable) you are also doubly punished due to the poor stat budget on orbs, the absence of caster shields and a much lower energy attribute.

The defensive upside is not worth it

• Rare shields have no good defensive affixes. The best you can get is Enhanced defence & resists. They do not have any of the affixes that would make them desirable to an orb sorceress - no TCD, no %dex, no %DR, no additional block.
  • Runeword shields are also underwhelming in terms of defensive stats for a sorceress. The only good option being the Khalim's protector. Good defensive options exist in the SU+ department, but most of them require strength or are prohibitively rare (grim icon).
  • Reaching maximum block on a ranged spell caster with incredibly tanky minions (benefit from passives, ice elementals have a godly aura also) and high defence is simply not worth it in the current state of the game. Defence has big diminishing returns with block (block is checked after hit check) and is in general the superior stat because it caps at 95% (not to mention that it can be increased without sacrificing energy points).
  • With incoming attribute squish on charms getting a decent block percentage (let alone close to 75) will be too hard and suboptimal for all builds apart from fire + poison.

I get that in vanilla d2 the orb + shield was meta due to good stats, no cast rate penalty and easy to cap block. However I think that orb builds are too punished in median for no good reason other than being different to vanilla. What is the point of having 5 different orb types when the vast majority of them (even SU) are bad and they are paired with 0 good types of caster shields.

Suggestions Brainstorming

• Make orbs appealing in another indirect way. When slain procs that aren't overpowered, good oskills that are worth taking the huge damage hit to make a build with.
  • Or a stat budget increase. For example the orb runeword with Divine apparition (Kabbalah) fits the above cool oskill category and has good affixes, but the stats are just too low. Maybe adding spell damage/pierce affixes to general shield affix pool.
  • Or perhaps a new item type. Special shields which have a very high energy requirement (not sure if possible with softcoding) and spawn with caster affixes, have runewords & su with caster affixes. Provides a good itemisation tradeoff - high energy to equip so low block because less dex, but have good offensive power. Also could increase build variety for other classes e.g. caster druids with shield.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Stealthmaster wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Bugception or Docception?
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.