Suggestions Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Metalistas wrote:Ok, so think about it this way. Shoutbox is a tool to prevent all this useless spam/flame/drama/trolling from actually appearing in forums. If you were around old forum, you should remember how everytime someone "new" made a topic about how to do a challange, which char is best, how luck lottery works, when is reset, ect.. Now they just use shoutbox for it most of the time and keep forums clean. You can edit your homepage or links to direct you into forums without looking at front page. If you are that sensitive.

Couldn't say better than this. :clap:
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Metalistas wrote:Ok, so think about it this way. Shoutbox is a tool to prevent all this useless spam/flame/drama/trolling from actually appearing in forums. If you were around old forum, you should remember how everytime someone "new" made a topic about how to do a challange, which char is best, how luck lottery works, when is reset, ect.. Now they just use shoutbox for it most of the time and keep forums clean. You can edit your homepage or links to direct you into forums without looking at front page. If you are that sensitive.

Pls y u always making me cry????? Why?? :sniff:
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is it possible to make it so that putting someone on your forum ignore list (foe) makes him invisible to you in the shoutbox? Reading that shit is cancer. Would still be exposed without first logging in however.

Maybe an option to hide the shoutbox (even as a guest)?
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Whom is forcing who to read everything everywhere ? I agree elementsfury was annoying since he spammed shoutbox AND forums with his below_child level stuff. Like Somnus does now. So he had some timeout. Other than that shoutbox is ok to ignore.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Shoutbox is much wow. Plees no changie. Although a complete ignore option would be nice, but also complicated to implement I assume.

Stick insect is on time out in a jar.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Metalistas wrote:Whom is forcing who to read everything everywhere ?

I don't want to hear the news either but it's almost impossible to avoid them unless you live self-sufficiently in a secluded forest with no internet.

In the old forums stupid shitposting was neatly contained in the off-topic section that you could easily ignore. On these new forums ignoring shoutbox means bookmarking the index, which means you lose the rather nifty last posts feature of the portal.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I will look into adding ignore feature to the shoutbox. Probably more features are needed also, initially shoutbox was made super simple just to see how well could the site support it.
niqqa
Rust Claw
81 | 4
In the meantime you can download Greasemonkey or a similar JavaScript tool and use the following code:

Code: Select all

$("#page-body div.portal div.midcol div[class='forumbg module module-shoutbox']").remove ();
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
I didnt knew where to put this because it's an overall suggestion idea that can help improve MedianXL and not just a forum suggestion.
So, what is it? I've read questions like ''how to host a server'' (even if they have to pay for it), ''who wants to team up'' (like we did in ''The Swarm'') etc. So, people obviously wants to help improve MedianXL in many ways, but they dont really know how to help.

I've been wondering if it's possible to make a ''Help improve MedianXL'' tab so people for example can know how to help.
Are you mad, right? Just think about it, what if someone with knowledge in ''X'' modding thing or ''programming language'' wants to help for free? or what if someone wants to host a server for people in their country? That ''help improve median'' button (something like the donation button) would be a good option.

Maybe I'm just wrong, but maybe not.