MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
archon256 wrote:
Dude Love wrote:Man idgaf there never was a real reason to enter them they were just little bonus areas with the same monsters as everywhere else

Well yeah, that's sort of my point. They were pointless bits of the game until Laz gave them a purpose (even if it was only 'you're going to run through this area till you get to the actual uber'), and now they're going to be the same way again, which is a downgrade. I don't think more higher monster levels or higher elite density is enough to change that. :?

Maybe they can have some use in the future, but for now it's basically the same to me as if Marco just announced that those areas are going to be deleted.

@Marco also:

I had always wondered the possibility of giving mercenaries a small little inventory like 3x3 or 4x4 for you to be able to pick and choose which charms to give them. Maybe having merc only charms and gear (would drop you to 1hp if you tried to equip on your own char and not merc) that would only have a chance to drop in those extra levels?

Probably belongs in the suggestions thread, but this seemed like a good spot to put it in.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I seem to remember something about whist implementing merc-only gear. It could also have been another mod, so don't believe this info unless someone more knowledgeable than me confirms it, or until someone retrieves the relevant (if it exists) post from the relevant thread
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
whist wrote:I've replaced the item requirements code today. A new item stat, allowing us to create conditionally class-specific items. As in, make an item that usually isn't class specific, class specific. Say you have this ordinary crown.

But you could also have the following crowns
Image Image

And finally, the stat also allows us to create mercenary only items. This could be used to make some highly buffed items to improve mercenaries, without overpowering players.
Myth0s
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Guys, just be happy for more areas. :D
Abaddon being back, it's a wet dream come true.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:
whist wrote:I've replaced the item requirements code today. A new item stat, allowing us to create conditionally class-specific items. As in, make an item that usually isn't class specific, class specific. Say you have this ordinary crown.

Image Image

And finally, the stat also allows us to create mercenary only items. This could be used to make some highly buffed items to improve mercenaries, without overpowering players.

Oh never noticed that. Thank you.

Perhaps if those other extra areas are for some reason lacking attraction from players, give those areas a merc item bias or something.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Myth0s wrote:Guys, just be happy for more areas. :D
Abaddon being back, it's a wet dream come true.

I'm obviously happy for more areas. But it'd be nice if they had something that'd make you want to visit them all while leveling.

Then again that can wait for future patches.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I forgot to ask marco what is the plan with uber at lower difficulty.

IIRC he mention something like upgradable uber charms, but forcing single player from destruction to go back to hatred seem a bit opposite of what current plan, which is to put uber away from normal area.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
iwansquall wrote:I forgot to ask marco what is the plan with uber at lower difficulty.

IIRC he mention something like upgradable uber charms, but forcing single player from destruction to go back to hatred seem a bit opposite of what current plan, which is to put uber away from normal area.

wouldn't upgradable charms make the game a bit too easy?

also one of the admins (marco or whist?) mentioned trying to have less charms for a less charm dependent midgame/endgame
Waffleown
Jungle Hunter
29 | 1
It'd be cool if you could play the endgame without charms, just depending on your skill instead
Firien
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3

Image Image

Does this allow for multiple variants of the same set item? Eg a base set with 7 variants of the helm, one for each class.
Not sure it's a good idea, just wondering about the possiblity