MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yes, what chuck said is what I meant. I used to get a honorific item in act 2 right after finishing act 1 and get some gloves or belt with resist. You were able to get the full 75% all resist that way before starting act 2.

Nowadays you're dependent on RNG to get some resist. You might have 11% fire resist and 75% lightning resist or vice versa if you're unlucky and only find items with the same type of resist. Then get some Mo's on your rings and you're oom (out of money) and don't even get close to 75% all resist.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Some really strange assumptions here.
The new TU system provides a MUCH better early game itemisation because the items are more useful than before and as such more builds can find useful pieces among the pool.
Having 4 tiers of items doesn't mean drop rates are worse compared to 6 tiers.
We are not removing honorifics, they are available from the start of A5 normal since Median 2017. You can't afford them on a new character prior to this anyway.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sarcinda wrote:
Nitz wrote:
Sarcinda wrote:As a new player, it is incredibly frustrating to see radical changes being implemented not long after I learned the basics. Not sure what the reasoning is for removing TU5 and TU6 is, but hopefully the game will be balanced along with these changes. It's extremely difficult to find appealing low level gear as it is since 90% of the gear in this game seems to be endgame focused. Taking away TU5 and TU6 will only make things even more difficult unless everything else is being changed to balance everything out.

The removal of those will make everything easier, tier 4 is t6 now you won't have to upgrade them as often now as before.

Ahh so the stats are re-scaled accordingly. That makes sense then, but it still seems like a completely arbitrary change for no reason whatsoever. I personally think the 6 tier system is better because it requires a bit of farming for AC's to get what you want.

First, cutting 2 tiers is bad becasue "everything is supposedly more difficult", but after mentioning that the new tier 4 matches the power level of the old tier 6, the change is still arbitrary and done for no reason whatsoever? The logic doesn't really add up. You're asking for the game to not be more difficult but after hearing it's actually easier, that's bad too.

There isn't anything "radical" about cutting tiers either, it's actually quite a straight forward change with little implications other than not having to do lots of meph runs to up your gear, and instead, be sufficient with the amount of uniques you find by progressing through the game. If you think that's somehow arbitrary, then literally everything else in the game is.

------------

Sarcinda wrote:Oh god...they're removing honorifics too? But that's like the only thing a low level can wear in the gloves and boots slot. Ugh the itemization is great late game, but there is literally zero attention paid to early game and the new player experience.

No offense, but this just seems like more ungrounded claims.

There's nothing newbie friendly about early MO/Honorifics access or Gift Box (which I guess you'll be unpleased to know will be removed). Why? It's actually very simple, when you add such a wide array of choices this early on, it's the knowledgeable players the ones that profit the most from these options, making the difficulty gap between new and old players even more steep.

More knowledge checks = wider difficulty gap between new and old. It's also worth noting that we have adjusted the difficulty appropriately for the removal of both early MOs and Gift Box, which didn't even get mentioned in the discussion. You can easily complete hatred with no resists.

-----------

As far as hatred itemization goes: I think it being semi-trivial is a good thing, because as a new player, getting to know the skills and monsters is already a lot to digest. Next step is beating terror, killing the same monsters with your same skills. This to me seems like the perfect point in time where players can start understanding which items and stats work for their build. And unlike in hatred, they won't really have a choice, because as difficulty kicks in, having a good killspeed, resists and defense will be required to continue destruction.

If you enjoy spending hours in hatred killing mephistos and getting BiS TUs, you can pretty much still do it btw.

PS - do not intend to sound aggressive, but rushed conclusions about new player experience can be misleading to those people awaiting the big release. I can't stress enough how much effort and work is being put to streamline the difficulty and make the progression more cohesive. This has been our uncontested priority in the last years, and little changes like these that can be misinterpreted as nerfs are actually fractions of much wider long-term solutions we have in mind.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Did I heard I can run nakedly in hatred now?

GOOD NEWS BOI
Jerrif
Prowler
16 | 4
I notice that Haareis still has Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration but I remember a redname mentioning they want to remove the stat for Sigma (since it's only ever used "on switch" for buffing Bloodlust and the like). Am I remembering wrong, or did you guys decide to keep it? I liked the idea of removing it, for the record.

Loving the Sigma screens, keep up the good work guys!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
@marco „you can easily complete hatred with no resist“

Mephisto one shots you if you have 50 cold resist or below.
The enemies right in front of Duriel kill you easily If you have 50 lightning resist or below.
Vampires at the end of arreat Plateau easily kill you if you have 50 fire resist or lower.

And I don‘t want to mention the hell you‘re going through when you want to go to Baal without maxed poison resist.

The difficulty being adjusted? Not for these enemies, and since you went ahead and reduced hatred difficulty again and removed gift box at the same time, how are we supposed to know? From the people who don‘t support you on patreon, how can we know or „bring it up in the discussion“ if we don‘t receive that piece of information?

The way it is now, which is the only source of knowledge for us, I honestly doubt you can easily go through hatred without maxed resist as you claim. Of course I don‘t know about sigma.

Not using quote tags because I‘m on my phone and don‘t want to waste 10 minutes to remove the rest of the text.
onanism
Cultist
21 | 2
HechtHeftig wrote:Mephisto one shots you if you have 50 cold resist or below.
The enemies right in front of Duriel kill you easily If you have 50 lightning resist or below.
Vampires at the end of arreat Plateau easily kill you if you have 50 fire resist or lower.

Gotta work on your footwork, man. I don't think you're meant to facetank the enemies you mentioned.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
onanism wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Mephisto one shots you if you have 50 cold resist or below.

Gotta work on your footwork, man. I don't think you're meant to facetank the enemies you mentioned.

Exactly! But Marco said it you can easily do it without any resist! And in the current state as of MXL 1.3 that‘s simply not true.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sigma fanboyism is getting out of hand at this point. Is Sigma is gonna be a brand new religion with some zealous and blind fanatics?

How the hell are we supposed to know about all of the incoming changes? Should we go to a fortune teller or what? Why are the people who is asking about some new mechanics or game changes are getting negged when they tried to question some of these new inventions? Should we just STFU because we are not beta testers and we do not possess all of the necessary information? That's some unhealthy and childish behavior from the people who knows a bit more about the current state of the game.

There was a new game released not so long ago. It was in a closed beta for a long period, people who was participating this beta was under NDA as well. This game was insanely hyped from the content creators and beta-testers, especially before the release. It's been about a month since game was released and it's not in a good state right now. This game is called Artifact, and I'm not trying to shit talk it btw. I'm just making the point that game quality and hype around it doesn't matter in the end.

You can't know for sure if Sigma is going to be an outstanding and successful project or it would be a disappointment (unless you can see the future). So let the people to discuss it and stay cool, there is no point in such an outrageous protectionism.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
^ this.

Not wanting to generalize the playerbase, there are quite a bunch of people here who i am cool with and get along just fine to this day, but the grand majority (some even veterans, which makes it worse imo) are a bunch of negative nancies who neg the first post they see regarding median as a whole which they dont agree with. I mean its fine if you dont agree, and the negative cookie button thingie is there to be used, but if youre going to neg something at least have the common courtesy to post why. I myself have been negged for petty stuff, including one post where i tried to help a new guy with something median related (granted i was wrong and i admit it, i hadnt touched median or d2 in months so i was out of the loop, maybe it came out as me spreading misinformation idk, but then again people are too quick to judge) ; this is only one of the reasons of many others why myself and a few others which i wont name chose to not be involved in median's discord when it was implemented. I still am fairly active here but not as much as i was before, and the toxicity/elitism i see here is what changed that.

I get it, Sigma is hype, i myself have been waiting for it since Laz announced it round about 7 years ago or so. It doesnt excuse you from being total asshats just because it itched your neckbeards. Cookies are useless, only a number, but its the little things that you do to others that says a lot about yourselves.