MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Marco wrote:i think leap skills are trash

Avoid Dunc barrels anyone?
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
must first be able to see barrels tho
linuxrs
Vampiress
36 | 1
Stealthmaster wrote:
Marco wrote:i think leap skills are trash

Avoid Dunc barrels anyone?

Will it kill me while I am leaping? :D
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Marco wrote:i think leap skills are trash, even if you put 500 novas in them :P

Could you explain why you think this?

The only problem would be the speed, and whist has already said you can increase the speed. One fast leap to get from screen to screen and enough novas to kill everything on it, and you've got an OP skill.

Edit:
whist wrote:
suchbalance wrote:Sweet.
Looks like AoD will have to take a dmg nerf with this change tho :mrgreen:

Not necessarily, the nova could be linked to use a different (lower damage). You could keep the high damage on the main target and have the nova deal average damage to surrounding enemies. Either way that's all up to marco, don't know if it will even be used but I wanted to code that. But I think this could make the skill a little more viable/useable

Maybe the skill could fire 4 homing punishers at nearby enemies (Either homing directly like VoJ or after a delay like Crucify) ? That way the damage could still be high and it'd be a lot more usable than the current one, plus it fits alongside Graveyard.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
archon256 wrote:
Marco wrote:i think leap skills are trash, even if you put 500 novas in them :P

Could you explain why you think this?

Because pounce.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
linuxrs wrote:Will it kill me while I am leaping? :D

If you get hit by the moment when you start leaping, yes. You'll end up landing dead. If you pressed RMB with leap skill before the barrel explodes, no.
BlackZ
Pit Knight
111 | 5
+1
From the view of a real noob, a coding-blind and a visual maniac like me, this is exactly what I expected, would be really perfect with some speed adjustment.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:Because pounce.

Well, it's not because there is a stronger skill that it sucks (even though people tend to assume this). Plus the necro doesn't have access to pounce as far as I can tell (I'm not counting cotw here). Besides, Angel of Death makes a good single target killer for stronger targets, and this change could just make it a little more viable (worth using a little more often, objective wasn't to make it a core skill still)

Either way, like I said I just wanted to code that for the kick of it, I think it was Nefarius who first showed this off and I always thought the skill made more sense this way. That also means I'm currently working in improving skill mechanics to make them more viable/interesting. Now I'm on whirlwind.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
whist wrote:Now I'm on whirlwind.

:bounce:
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
whist wrote:
Marco wrote:Because pounce.

Well, it's not because there is a stronger skill that it sucks (even though people tend to assume this). Plus the necro doesn't have access to pounce as far as I can tell (I'm not counting cotw here). Besides, Angel of Death makes a good single target killer for stronger targets, and this change could just make it a little more viable (worth using a little more often, objective wasn't to make it a core skill still)

Either way, like I said I just wanted to code that for the kick of it, I think it was Nefarius who first showed this off and I always thought the skill made more sense this way. That also means I'm currently working in improving skill mechanics to make them more viable/interesting. Now I'm on whirlwind.

Yeah I know you're just messing around. I was just explaining my view on why I dont think the func will be implemented even if improved. If we take into consideration Angel of Death and assert it is not a viable skill, then all it needs is more damage, not a nova, because it's intended to be a single target skill.

After all the skill function doesn't bring anything new to the table, except an animation which looks pretty unrealistic (retarded) :P