SP vs. Realm

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
requiemss
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Mi bigger problem to play SP is feeling in not playing as intended (because certain build requieres realm only, season brings changes from the admins, etc).
Still im from Argentina and have to deal with tons of lag, tons of reaponsabilties and im also a noob who hates build switching (moral pourposes) and ends up beggin for items/help/reading guides to play semi decent without dupping.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I used to play MP, but atm I have only restricted access to internet, so I have to play in SP.

In general, I like the /players function. That way you can level way faster in specific areas and get to 120 faster (thanks to the offline tools you can get all WP's. That's like rushing and powerleveling in MP except that you do it on your own)

In MP it's nice to get information on some specific ubers or challenges or your own build. I myself told lots of people how the lvl 0 challenge works :-D Even if they took 20 tries, at some point they understood not to run into the lazor.

In return I got information on what to look for on the gear of my totem nec by someone else (Thanks LH).

MP is SP with delay and more information.
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:Even if they took 20 tries, at some point they understood not to run into the lazor.

wtf? 20 tries to realize that? how can those guys survive in rl?
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
let's just stop here . SP players are cheating in their ways , MP players do in other ways . Both cheat , end of story . let's talk about something else instead of wasting more time on the subject . if someone wants to play legit he can do it either in SP or MP , let;s not make this MP a holy place where everything is pink and nobody cheats compaired to SP , because it's not . 95% of use here are a bunch of cheaters , one way or another , even if we like it or not . but only a part of us admit it / are bright enough to realise it

Taking the words right out of my mouth chuckie.

wtf? 20 tries to realize that? how can those guys survive in rl?

Boy do I have a treat for you
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote: (Thanks LH)

:D
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
95%? If that were the case the frequency of players getting banned would be much higher, because people who are dumb enough to cheat are dumb enough to slip up eventually. Seriously where does a person get the balls to say 95% of players cheat? Chuck please don't include realm in your bullshit theories/statements. There are many players who abide by the rules and you're shitting on them with a figure you pulled out of your ass.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I think he's referring to the cowing to xp signet duping ordeal in terms of that high of a number. Both in reality let you skip about 15 hours of game time of leveling.

Or maybe I'm wrong and he's referring to the mass abundance of people who use that maphack. Or hell, even just D2MR. It's technically a cheat, and it's allowed officialy. Same with D2Clicker, or using PlugY to be able to spend only 5 stat points when shift clicking. It's just the level of cheating thats considered either a tool, or something that gives you game breaking advantage.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
More of the reason why D2MR is allowed is that it just discovers all the map (aside from structures like WP's, stony field stones, some entrances) and just that, basically so you can not spend a million hours walking through kurast and lut gholein which provides players who prefer to not be rushed and just level with less frustration.

Also provides for people who need to get through maps quickly
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
I wonder what are the secret items everyone is talking about.
I only know of the creep and that's it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Funinyourgame wrote:I wonder what are the secret items everyone is talking about.
I only know of the creep and that's it.

There are some items unlisted in the docs. For example:
Fury of Hellfire
Soul Reaver
Soul Reaver
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 82 to 84
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
-50% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+1 to Ravenous Flames
(65 to 75)% to All Attributes
+200 Life on Melee Attack
Requirements -100%
Socketed (6)
, and
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 118) to (105 - 124)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 488
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
4% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Spell Damage
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
. These are the unlisted SSSSU's.

Then there are items (which I believe were created by Marco and the team members?) that are unlisted and when you find them, they will have (Secret) in the item name: Stormblade Naginata (Sacred) (Secret). Not long ago, Stealthmaster had auction the Secret Warp Blade, The Grizzly, if you want to go back and search for it so you can see what I mean. They're very hard to find.