Median XL 2016 Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GregMXL wrote:
Mechazawa wrote:
Metalistas wrote:But secretly Marco wants to learn football from best players in world.

But, he is going to Germany, not Brazil.

Did you miss the World Cup in 2014? Seems like Brazil did too...

Hahaha, oh snap! Good one Greg!
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
That was some epic burn, have my cookie.
Mechazawa
Cultist
21 | 2
Lol, Pow! (Even though its against myself.)
OnlyForFun
Cog
204 | 18
hihi , am back , let's upload patch :)
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
didnt marco mentioned somewhere that he has not done much of modding and has been giving his spare time to finish the forums first? i doubt he will have anything worth sharing..
Sexen
Invader
9 | 1
Need more hype please... thanks. Glad the new forums is php. Looking good so far.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:many of the removed MOs won't have that much impact in the game. I'll explain the whys and whichs:

- Jewerly: crafting points. This MO totally killed the purpose of crafting points as a whole. Obvious pick.
- Any: elemental pierces (4) - these completely fucked up the game right the day they were born. Bye bye!

Note that some of these mystic orbs will still be obtainable from monster drops (which also gives these drops a purpose).

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway: if those MO get removed completely from the game and since MXL2016 will be compatible with characters built in XVc, an equip imbued with those MO that has been imported from XVc to MXL2016 will still have the bonuses? If the answer is yes, wouldn't this affect in a very bad way the balance and the economy?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
With all the announced changes, I'm pretty sure MXL2016 will be a start from scratch patch. It's not even called Median XL Ultimative anymore, it was brought back to just Median XL, which leads me to think it's a new major release, and not just a patch, which means previously created characters would not be compatible. Although it's all speculations here, I would wait for Marco to confirm any of this.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RequiemLux wrote:If the answer is yes, wouldn't this affect in a very bad way the balance and the economy?

There is no economy in Single player and realm will have ladder resets anyway so ya can't have an old char there
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
whist wrote:With all the announced changes, I'm pretty sure MXL2016 will be a start from scratch patch. It's not even called Median XL Ultimative anymore, it was brought back to just Median XL, which leads me to think it's a new major release, and not just a patch, which means previously created characters would not be compatible. Although it's all speculations here, I would wait for Marco to confirm any of this.

I thought the same in the past so I've asked a couple of time and I've received always the same answer: it will be compatible. I honestly hope not, even if most of the people would like a compatible patch, I have the feeling (knowing nothing about modding D2) that making one would limit Marco in the modding choices

Moasseman wrote:There is no economy in Single player and realm will have ladder resets anyway so ya can't have an old char there

That's a good point, for some reason I didn't think about ladder reset.