Signma is a lie

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
amazon_fury
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Nitz wrote:How legal would be a kickstarter for singma be?

Is this related to the thread? Seems you have problems with that old guide AMTG sin lol.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
amazon_fury wrote:

Is this related to the thread? Seems you have problems with that old guide AMTG sin lol.

I mean kickstarter the site, not the kickstarter sin, also that guide sucks to kickstart a sin, limpet laser is much faster and easier + less respecing and no sigs needed.
amazon_fury
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Nitz wrote:
amazon_fury wrote:

I mean kickstarter the site, not the kickstarter sin, also that guide sucks to kickstart a sin, limpet laser is much faster and easier + less respecing and no sigs needed.

Yeah right. Things has changed, LL is better with cheap gear.

Sorry because of my bad post not related to the thread, didn't read carefully. I'm really sorry.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Some people here don't seem to realize the size of this project. Currently the code has about 100,000 lines (and still growing). Add to that all of the txt, graphical & mapping stuff by Marco & Suchbalance (If we were to measure this as code too, we could say that's a total of around 150,000 lines of code). To give you some perspective, currently at work, I'm assigned to a project of about this size (however a little bigger) in lines of code, and the project's development side is handled by a team of 6 developers, working each 7.5h a day (often more, overtime), 5 days a week. The project's contract is worth around 3,300,000$. The project's duration is settled for a year (12 months)

Now, when we're speaking of MXLS, we have one full time developer (me). And full time really is the bad term here, because the work on sigma has to come after various things that keep me busy, mainly being work & family. Let's also not forget that for every single line of code, some research is involved, because we are not writing our own code from scratch, we are integrating into a finished product, we are reversing & patching. Also where I work, we have a fantastic QA team. We do not have this for MXLS and therefore we basically test the most we can by ourselves, and when a stable core is ready an alpha release will be done within a small group of users to run some more extensive tests. Not to mention the original code alone is far from being stable and bugless, so adding & patching stuff into it can never go all right from the first try.

And what are we gaining from this? Virtually nothing. We are not paid for this. We're literally giving up on our own free (and limited) time for you. And what do you give us in exchange? This thread. Appreciation and gratitude is literally the only reward we get from this project currently, and some people like you come and take it all away.

Finally, just FYI, we have established a task list of what needs to be done in order to release our first alpha build within the community, and this task list happens to be getting quite short these days. In the past few months we've finally started seeing the end of the tunnel. Yes it will be released. Yes it's close. We're definitely not giving up so close to our goal.

Thanks to those of you that have always been grateful, patient, those of you who always gave good feedback, kind motivating comments. No comment to the others.
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Illuminati confirmed. Thanks whist, keep it up! :bang:
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As much as I nitpick individual things I dislike about the mod, or even saying stuff out of pure stupidity, I love this mod to death and the changes that have made it grown over the years. You and others are doing even more substantial work out of this. When all of you are done this by the end, y'all have something amazing to put on a resume if you ever go out and do work like this, so it may not be for naught. You guys have worked as a team to create this over the years with blood and sweat, it won't go unnoticed, even if not a single dime is made.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Well I can definitely confirm that no one here is working on SIGNMA.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
whist wrote:Some people here don't seem to realize the size of this project. Currently the code has about 100,000 lines (and still growing). Add to that all of the txt, graphical & mapping stuff by Marco & Suchbalance (If we were to measure this as code too, we could say that's a total of around 150,000 lines of code). To give you some perspective, currently at work, I'm assigned to a project of about this size (however a little bigger) in lines of code, and the project's development side is handled by a team of 6 developers, working each 7.5h a day (often more, overtime), 5 days a week. The project's contract is worth around 3,300,000$. The project's duration is settled for a year (12 months)

Now, when we're speaking of MXLS, we have one full time developer (me). And full time really is the bad term here, because the work on sigma has to come after various things that keep me busy, mainly being work & family. Let's also not forget that for every single line of code, some research is involved, because we are not writing our own code from scratch, we are integrating into a finished product, we are reversing & patching. Also where I work, we have a fantastic QA team. We do not have this for MXLS and therefore we basically test the most we can by ourselves, and when a stable core is ready an alpha release will be done within a small group of users to run some more extensive tests. Not to mention the original code alone is far from being stable and bugless, so adding & patching stuff into it can never go all right from the first try.

And what are we gaining from this? Virtually nothing. We are not paid for this. We're literally giving up on our own free (and limited) time for you. And what do you give us in exchange? This thread. Appreciation and gratitude is literally the only reward we get from this project currently, and some people like you come and take it all away.

Finally, just FYI, we have established a task list of what needs to be done in order to release our first alpha build within the community, and this task list happens to be getting quite short these days. In the past few months we've finally started seeing the end of the tunnel. Yes it will be released. Yes it's close. We're definitely not giving up so close to our goal.

Thanks to those of you that have always been grateful, patient, those of you who always gave good feedback, kind motivating comments. No comment to the others.

I wish I could like this post. Why don't I have the option to like/dislike posts?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
► Show Spoiler

I think it's because you have to have a positive amount of thumbs ups in order to give one. So I'll give you one so you can give one to whist.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
Big modding projects takes a lot of time so people must learn how to chill the f*ck down and wait.

The biggest d2 modding project (metalstorm) took almost like 9 YEARS and still there is NO RELEASE. Nef was literally re-coding everything in the game.

Another example Xaphan is working on Le Royaume des Ombres for like 4 years!

So shut up