Signma is a lie

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
GregMXL wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I think it's because you have to have a positive amount of thumbs ups in order to give one. So I'll give you one so you can give one to whist.

Got it, and will return the favor in 14 hours.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GregMXL wrote:Well I can definitely confirm that no one here is working on SIGNMA.

shit. I just used my cookie on whist's post right before I read this one.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Goodkidscc wrote:
GregMXL wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I think it's because you have to have a positive amount of thumbs ups in order to give one. So I'll give you one so you can give one to whist.

Got it, and will return the favor in 14 hours.

Hey don't even worry about it. I have more than enough. :D
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
urabus wrote:Let be 100% honest here. Some of us has been waiting for more than a year for sigma and it has yet to be release.

If you cant release Sigma this year then don't promise it will be released this year.

show your source for this claim pls
kamyon95
Skeleton
2 | 0
Fuqking marqo he's lying..... i've been waiting for 2-3 years
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Expectation leads to disappointment. Don't get your hopes up so you won't get frustrated. Try to get your brain to expect Sigma by 2020 so it wont get agitated.
We were here when Sigma was first announced yet you don't see us whining. That was what 4-5 years ago?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In all honesty, while sigma was announced mid 2012, it's not fair to say it has been in development since.

Since sigma was announced, the following patches have been released:
- 6, 6b, 6c, 6d, 6e, 6f, 7, 7b, 7c, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XIVb, XV, XVc, XVr, XVI, XVIr, + few more

So, guess where a big (most) part of the development time was spent on? Not to mention a lot of the content which was showcased on old sigma topics actually made it to ultimative (summons portraits, tons of uber maps, fixes, and much more). And not to mention either that 2015 saw practically no modding work because guess what, someone had to make these forums, which took insane work too (and even so in 2016).

However I don't agree with whist (sorry!) saying development got delayed because of his full-time job... Literally everyone has a full-time job and I don't see how big contracts make a difference at all to this discussion, I worked for Coca Cola Enterprises from France also full-time + I had a second job as an IT 3 times a week and real life friends / family and still managed to mod XV (the biggest ultimative content patch) in as little as 3 months because guess what, days are 24 hours long (my travel times are really long too btw).

There were two flaws with core development which are costing us the release of sigma, and this isn't to throw blames at whist, since I think we can all agree that he worked his ass off on this, but it's the facts, and we take responsibility for it as a team.
- Huge chunk of core work (I assume most from whist mod) was never actually tested and isn't quite working as expected
- Wrongly measured expected development time leading to ambitious tasklist with some tasks that weren't actually core

The biggest issue is the first point. See, there are no colleges of modding where you graduate and you are safe to make a mod. You learn by doing. It was only at versions X onwards that I realised, "hey, those ubers I made at v1-v3 are so shitty!" hence a lot of time was spent revamping some of the first ubers (athulua, witch, uldyssian (nvm this one still sucks)). What I'm trying to say is that the first code patches are probably really shitty and also responsible for some of our headaches.

As far as the soft-code goes, sigma is as old as the sticky topic, 9 months, 3 of which I was outside the country. Why so new, because the old sigmas have been ditched and well because we want to keep all content up to XV and XVI (newer) (especially with so many quality revamps - and it was here when I said that sigma wasn't going to be done from scratch anymore, but rather a sequel to ultimative). There has been massive work done in these 6 months in the txts, also with a lot of work from suchbalance. There's not a lot of material in terms of 'new content' but pretty much every file has been reworked and cleaned up so sigma will be a beautiful platform to work on. And sb's changes will bring an insane meta-shift as well with a lot of items / skills rework.

Right now the status of the txts is "nearly done" - the very few tasks left are being blocked by some current bugs so I think it's safe to say an alpha release will happen as soon as the core is functional. Meanwhile we are working with Quirinus to make the Median XL Launcher / installer which is going to be really dope (he's doing all the code btw, I'm just doing the GUI. so thank him). This will get rid of lots of compatibility / installation problems, will automatically update and solve all issues for you, and will be the required launcher for sigma as well. SNEAK PEEK! (still work in progress boys)

Anyways end of rant, this was just to clearly break down what has happened lately, but not to convince the idiots that don't believe in it but to thank those who have been really patient for 4 years 9 months :P Bottom line is, good things take time.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
So are Sigma and Signma the same or not?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:So are Sigma and Signma the same or not?

"Signma," a portmanteau of "sign" and "Sigma," refers to the hand gesture Sigma developers use to identify one another at furry conventions. Since they obviously don't know who's who under their fursuits, they use this as a means of communication during post-con yiff sessions. It looks similar to the eastside/massive erection gang sign.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
So is signma gonna get released or what????//