Titan Quest: Ragnarök

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
gonna play xmax soulvizier with brother, ill play def+nature, please recommend nice caster dps build for him.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Why xmax? Would make density too retarded imo. Good casters: Storm/Earth + Spirit/Nature/Dream.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
because its fun. he chosen earth/storm. how you skill one in classic tq atleast? atm hes maxing meteor. op dmg right now
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
its rocks on xmax. Hella hard to play, sometimes it stacks of 9 (3x3) heroics, brutal as fuck,tbh 75% of heroics are really strong, some guys are just clearly unkillable(for example RAKAzeus,reference to rakanishu i guess :D), had to skip 2-3 mobs because way too op. we played around 6 hours, didnt reach third wp lolz , we stopped at beach before it. In general quite fun to play, gonna be even better once we access all important skills i bet. sadly tq has several really annoying aspects which lower enjoyability, but nothing to do with that.

One serious issue we have, is retarded mob focus. some of them just tunnel mage and i cant protect him at all, they just ignore me and charge at him. its really retarded and i feel useless as fuck. i guess he needs to use stone form in such situations, or mb i should start using that jungle crap, need to try it out.

How to stat earth+storm? full int or what
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeah full int, dex only for gear. Earth + storm is a weird combo if you ever get to higher difficulties, not enough defensive skills on those two trees and spirit is OP (although not as much as vanilla).
niqqa
Rust Claw
81 | 4
Most monsters ignore close enemies and attack the first target that drawn the aggression first. Some even drop the current target and attack a more damaging target. I'm not sure which spells provoke that, but usually casters are considered more of a threat to them so they attack a caster when attacked by spells like Eruption (I think). You can use Core Dweller as he has the Provoke treat so he'll draw aggression (in most cases) if he attacks first. Use the Select Summons key and send him ahead of you.

Spirit is still OP, Ternion Attack got nerfed (splash dmg was removed) but still powerful against single targets when using weapons with x% Reduction to Enemy's Health. The rest of the tree is IMO the best, CC and dmg-wise. Spirit Trapper (Hunting + Spirit) is the most OP farmer I had. You can farm xmax bosses easily, and some massbosses like Gorgon Sisters for Stonebinder's Cuffs or Alastor for Ethereal Leggings which is one of the required reagents to make the Mythical caster boots.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Almost a year bump lol.

So Titan quest anniversary version just released (you will get it free if you already have titan quest gold), I immediately bought it since it was much cheaper than titan quest gold lowest price based from steam history and I was been planning to buy it for a while.
Discount only stay until 7 sept though, get it while it lasted.

As for remaster itself, I couldnt run 1080 since I noticed that my powerful laptop cant run it well. Seem not 100 optimized yet but at least it is running on win8 without problem.
So I sticked with 720p instead, get a smooth 60fps. .... maybe except around fire area at 1st town which seem affect performance a bit.

As usual starting TQ problem, i still dunno which build to play although I roughly only managed to clear the game with only 3 builds in the past.
Probably trying bow since I havent tried any hunting tree in the past (although I remember that piercing damage so powerful back then, not sure if it was balanced now).

As for steam feature..... we now have achievement...yeah?
For steam mods, im looking forward for xmod + paths mod official steam update, that should bring the "TQ median" feeling back again.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Seem the changes are bigger than I expected, it wasnt obvious at low level though

http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/T ... ngelog.txt

Now various DoT have stats scaling, finally able to bring to .... 3rd difficulty without much problems.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge