Necro Summons Look Gross

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Quirinus wrote:Necro summons are not supposed to be pretty. :P

I bet that by "ugly", they mean plain and boring. They should be more impressive and scary.

@whist
I hope these changes apply to every summoner build. They sound great.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I was jesting, I understand what they mean.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
maybe he should summon kittens, give them an aura that boosts luck?

Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Then we have to rename the Necromancer to Greg and he has to have the ability to sacrifice the kittens in order to summon the hammer of annihilation which on impact clears not the screen, not the act, but the difficulty.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Thank you, Whist! This brings me hope for the future of the summoner necromancer and his eternal army. :D

Edit: Lol at above two posts
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Must change my own title back to Kitten Murdering Admin. Might be a conflict of interest cause of my avatar though. Thanks, Wotan.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Astral_Revenant
Fallen
1 | 0
I somewhat agree. Most of the summons are undead creatures. :twisted: The jinn is elemental/undead & a couple others are demon/undead, but it makes sense for the necromancer to be able to summon them. I do miss the golems, skeleton(Magic/melee), & revive summons sometimes. :( But, re-animates take care of most of the former. :wink: And what has been mentioned, can remedy the vanilla necromancer summons. As for new skins & summons, it would be a welcome addition, I'd say. :cheers:
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I always choose the summon based classes in all ARPGs, and I strongly agree on an aesthetic level.

Shadows were originally Air Elementals in Baldurs Gate SoA and they look very meh.

Rampagor is the Earth Elemental from Baldurs Gate as well, but for as bulky and rock like they are, they do pathetic physical damage, and poison damage doesn't make much sense.

The Veil King was from Baldurs Gate as well, somewhere in a crypt. But he doesn't disappoint at all. Very strong.

I find it much better to stack life on them than damage, since most of their damage is elemental.

But the Lamia has got to GO. Needs to be changed to a ranged minion or mage or something. I hate this summon, it's stupid and flimsy and their doom is worthless.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I think lore-wise the Median XL necromancer is the one that seems really off to me (that and the assassin's futuristic theme). Barbarian with ancestor worship is straight from Diablo canon, and the only real addition is all the wolf stuff. Every other class is mostly unchanged. But the Necromancer going from studying undead to a demon summoner is a really huge shift.

Gameplay-wise it doesn't matter much, but I would have preferred if all the minions stayed as undead.
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Tend to agree, considering some of the other new models in the game are great, a couple of the Necromancer summons just look out of place, and downright ugly. The Rampagor model needs to go, they take up too much of the screen and look like the lovechildren of Barney the Dinosaur, and The Thing from Fantastic 4. Can easily be replaced with something smaller and more appealing/undeady. And we can really do without that annoying "who shall it be?" whenever I summon a Jinn! Wish I could turn that off....

And does anyone actually get any value out of using the Veil King? It's a catch 22. The more points you put into them, the more powerful but the more dangerous. I am not sure the benefit outweights the danger.