unique item filter

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
szumigajowy
Stygian Watcher
40 | 4
Darthaghar wrote:I dont know why but it appears its not working properly anymore... Image
and yes this is a different injector it doesnt matter tho because it doesnt work with either of them...
oor it just got patched :D

Run Diablo II as administrator and dll injector ;)
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
- Leaving this here -

I made this tool back when I was playing on ladder, because blizzard's alt item display just is broken, and manually filtering the drops in case I might have missed good drops that just didn't display, was very boring and felt really dumb to me. Last season I played must have been on like... patch IX. Might even be before that. The tool is very straight forward. It doesn't come with any kind of configuration, no automatic injection system. This tool was originally made for myself and was never meant to be shared. If I was unhappy with something I could always recompile. The code behind it was kinda cheap and put together in something like 30 minutes (or less).

The tool simply hooks the code that displays items when pressing alt, and spoofs the display if the item doesn't correspond to an hardcoded list of item types & codes I had gathered back when I was playing. New versions may have added some new items that you could want to be unfiltered, but unfortunately they will be filtered because this tool was never updated. Not to mention the filtering was made to my liking to start with. If I remember right there was a way to display all items with the tool injected in-game, should be in the read me file.

That is, do not message me any issue, bug, inconvenient, or whatever you might encounter using this tool. I will be giving absolutely no support regarding this tool. I've found the source code, which is now publicly available here for whoever may want to update it here. The main code is in D2DropFilter.cpp. Again, no support will be given, don't bother messaging me. The tool was built using an earlier version of D2Template.

@OP please quote this post in opening post, thanks.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
whist wrote:...

@whist, ty, I dont know much c ++, but for myself something I can fix. You will not prompt, where can I find a table of item codes?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
DeaTh wrote:
whist wrote:...

@whist, ty, I dont know much c ++, but for myself something I can fix. You will not prompt, where can I find a table of item codes?

he literally said in the post that he will give no support and won't answer questions. lol

if you need offsets and some stuff, you can look on the phrozen keep forum, and in their knowledge base.
if you need the item codes from the mxl txt source, you can download the latest public zip, which is, I think, Laz' omega version or 2012. (obviously it doesn't include ultimative stuff)
otherwise, you'll have to find them yourself.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Quirinus wrote:he literally said in the post that he will give no support and won't answer questions. lol

My bad. Inattentively read it.
Quirinus wrote:if you need offsets and some stuff, you can look on the phrozen keep forum, and in their knowledge base.
if you need the item codes from the mxl txt source, you can download the latest public zip, which is, I think, Laz' omega version or 2012. (obviously it doesn't include ultimative stuff)
otherwise, you'll have to find them yourself.

To begin, I'll try to make the settings in a config file. Later I will try to add new item types, thanks for the tip
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
whist wrote:- Leaving this here -

I made this tool back when I was playing on ladder, because blizzard's alt item display just is broken, and manually filtering the drops in case I might have missed good drops that just didn't display, was very boring and felt really dumb to me. Last season I played must have been on like... patch IX. Might even be before that. The tool is very straight forward. It doesn't come with any kind of configuration, no automatic injection system. This tool was originally made for myself and was never meant to be shared. If I was unhappy with something I could always recompile. The code behind it was kinda cheap and put together in something like 30 minutes (or less).

The tool simply hooks the code that displays items when pressing alt, and spoofs the display if the item doesn't correspond to an hardcoded list of item types & codes I had gathered back when I was playing. New versions may have added some new items that you could want to be unfiltered, but unfortunately they will be filtered because this tool was never updated. Not to mention the filtering was made to my liking to start with. If I remember right there was a way to display all items with the tool injected in-game, should be in the read me file.

That is, do not message me any issue, bug, inconvenient, or whatever you might encounter using this tool. I will be giving absolutely no support regarding this tool. I've found the source code, which is now publicly available here for whoever may want to update it here. The main code is in D2DropFilter.cpp. Again, no support will be given, don't bother messaging me. The tool was built using an earlier version of D2Template.

@OP please quote this post in opening post, thanks.

np added to the op

only new item i can think of it would filter out is enchanting crystals (only thing i havent tested)
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i wonder if it displays all trophies
/e: k so if i didnt miscount it shows 12 different trophies
... anyone know how to compile this thing?
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
man if you can actually make a config file for this filter so we can edit it ourselves this would be such a HUGE quality of life update for every median player.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
void wrote:i wonder if it displays all trophies
... anyone know how to compile this thing?

whist wrote:What do I need to use this template?

The template was created and compiled with Visual Studio 2012, so it is better if you get Visual Studio 2012 (or just Visual C++ 2012). It is in theory possible to get the template to work with any other IDE but you will not get any support on this from me. Tutorials/Modified templates for other IDE are welcome.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
meh i want to get it to work with g++ in cmd if at all possible, if that doesnt work i will consider visual studio