Full Wipe - VOTE!

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Are you willing to tolerate a character wipe in exchange for greater content?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:25 am

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 247

Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Was gonna say 'yes' till this text

deletion of non-ladder characters of course

Voted for 'no', don't care about a single item from my SP Shared Stash, but pls no non-ladder wipe. :(

Edit:

gekko wrote:since sigma is going to come with a full wipe anyway, I figure having another wipe sooner won't make much of a difference anyway

This is true, but I still hope there will be no automatic non-ladder char wipes. I'd always prefer to have a choice. If there was such choice I'd rather play Sigma later while having a little more fun with my non-ladder chars before they are gone forever.

If there was a third voting option which is called 'yes, but only partially', that what I would have chosen. :(
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Voted for yes.
MisterHouse38
Imp
5 | 0
Stealthmaster wrote:Was gonna say 'yes' till this text

deletion of non-ladder characters of course

Voted for 'no', don't care about a single item from my SP Shared Stash, but pls no non-ladder wipe. :(

Edit:

gekko wrote:since sigma is going to come with a full wipe anyway, I figure having another wipe sooner won't make much of a difference anyway

This is true, but I still hope there will be no automatic non-ladder char wipes. I'd always prefer to have a choice. If there was such choice I'd rather play Sigma later while having a little more fun with my non-ladder chars before they are gone forever.

If there was a third voting option which is called 'yes, but only partially', that what I would have chosen. :(

Go into your d2 save folder and copy and paste all of your non ladder chars into the normal save folder and keep that folder and play on the current version of xl so then your chars never truely die.

/edit also Yes wipe all the sp chars ever.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A non-ladder wipe is mostly necessary with a big patch because all chars are becoming corrupt anyway. So if they are going to release a new big patch, everything which can't be loaded server sided or client sided only will give u some kind of error. For SP u can try to clean your characters from all items before updating, most of the items are supposed to be corrupt tho.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Furystrikesx
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I have been playing since Median came out way back when. And every patch just makes this mod even greater than before. Wipe this shit off the map and make this game an even greater master piece!
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
It's hard to tell by the first post, but would the smoothing of the numbers and whatnot would result in a change in uber behaviors, even in Median?

Because I'm trying to pick up Median and using old guides that are clearly worthless now (oskill litwall, for example), and it's more than a little frustrating getting to end-game ubers and dying to the "easy" ones, and realizing you did NO damage because of invuln shields.

All for this wipe if it meant ubers didn't all have those stupid shields (especially the rotating shields where you just have to get lucky), with spikes of damage being done and then long periods of maybe-doing-damage-but-not-really.
lady_auriel
Prowler
19 | 5
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Voted yes.
Djmx305
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
yes
Pain
Azure Drake