Median2017 - What Char Will You Start With

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Which character are you planning on starting with?

Amazon
16%
Necromancer
16%
Barbarian
13%
Sorceress
11%
Paladin
18%
Assassin
16%
Druid
11%

Total votes: 560

masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah, I played it untwinked like 2 realms ago. It was before first challenge season. Only ubers i haven't done myself were the most difficult ones + I was much less experienced player back then. Only pieces of gear I haven' t got by myself were Clawfeet and SotS. After getting SU War Axe you can endlessly farm TA for rest of the gear. Toraja and Sewers are also not hard, cause 50% aoe slow and fast cast rate in this form do the work. Only early farming is harder, but if you'll go for proc based template, you should be fine. For ubers like judgement day I respec'd to Rain of Fire druid, I was doing it pretty early.

It really isn' t the worst build, especially if you don't want to go for cookie cutter kind of builds.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Assassin. Because always assassin. Sometimes I think about playing other classes, occasionally I even level one to 120 but then i snap out of it and play assassin. Might not have the smoothest untwinked start, but i find assassin to be the most fun by far. I really resent having to use the ugly tiefling morph for caster specs tho.

If my trailer gleaning skills don't deceive me, singularity will be dope
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Stealthmaster wrote:
masochista wrote:Overall, i think it is one of the best, if not the best melee char.

Have you played a treewarden untwinked? Have you farmed charms with this build? Truth is that its weaker than any other druid build in terms of survivability.

Agreed, heavily. The ONLY defense you get is from your direct gear numbers and if they happen to have +%TCD on the affixes. Other than that, it's just Idol of Scosglen, which you can't keep up often enough in busy areas until lvl 100+. It's tricky. Certainly doable, but tricky.
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
L H wrote:The ONLY defense you get is from your direct gear numbers and if they happen to have +%TCD on the affixes. Other than that, it's just Idol of Scosglen, which you can't keep up often enough in busy areas until lvl 100+. It's tricky. Certainly doable, but tricky.

Did you count tcd bonus from berries?
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ive never mained paladin, wanted to come back for new patch after 2 years inactive. excited to try new char but see it's too popular and has 90% chance for nerf. gg
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
7 pages on a thread about what char will people make BEFORE patch notes are released.
Gz.
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seekers wrote:7 pages on a thread about what char will people make BEFORE patch notes are released.
Gz.

You boring af, dude.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Stilgaron wrote:
Seekers wrote:7 pages on a thread about what char will people make BEFORE patch notes are released.
Gz.

You boring af, dude.

Ty, I try really hard.

ON: Pally probs.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
masochista wrote:
L H wrote:The ONLY defense you get is from your direct gear numbers and if they happen to have +%TCD on the affixes. Other than that, it's just Idol of Scosglen, which you can't keep up often enough in busy areas until lvl 100+. It's tricky. Certainly doable, but tricky.

Did you count tcd bonus from berries?

You said you played untwinked. Leveling as a TW is easy through hatred a4, but then it becomes a pain in the ass unless you find a way to get more defense before tune words like Erawan and Natha to get %DR and higher def.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
momope wrote:ive never mained paladin, wanted to come back for new patch after 2 years inactive. excited to try new char but see it's too popular and has 90% chance for nerf. gg

Looking at the votes on the main page on this post and using that to determine what you play is a bit silly, honestly. People went crazy from Chaos season (current live version) because of Fire Cannonade and Stormcall oskills that got stupid strong with Unholy Paladins.

I think once we all see the change log, it will be better for us to choose what will be optimal/most interesting to play. As of right now, it seems like people are either choosing what they've done well in the past and they enjoy, but I've also seen a lot of "I wanna play something I hate or think is weak or never done before to see if it becomes better,) and that's good too. Hopefully the patch notes will give us a better idea and that poll on the main page could change very quickly.