Online characters nonladder or deleted?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
SadCaterpillar
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey I'm going to be new to XL. For online play, are characters deleted? I read about a wipe with 2017. Does that just mean ladder moved to nonladder or are characters actually deleted? I. Might want to choose SP instead if online characters are temporary.

Also, if there are ladder and no ladder characters , are there items and things you can get only on ladder like in vanilla d2?

And do people get rushed to lvl quickly and skip acts online? Or is that mechanic disabled somehow

Finally is shared stash automati? I thought it was but then saw people talking about using plugy with it and wasn't sure what the point of that would be
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
SadCaterpillar wrote:Hey I'm going to be new to XL. For online play, are characters deleted? I read about a wipe with 2017. Does that just mean ladder moved to nonladder or are characters actually deleted? I. Might want to choose SP instead if online characters are temporary.

Also, if there are ladder and no ladder characters , are there items and things you can get only on ladder like in vanilla d2?

And do people get rushed to lvl quickly and skip acts online? Or is that mechanic disabled somehow

Finally is shared stash automati? I thought it was but then saw people talking about using plugy with it and wasn't sure what the point of that would be

1. this 2017 patch was an exception where all chars were deleted bcz we introduced a new core, this will not happen again for many years to come. From next patch, ladder chars will just turn non-ladder and people can still play them.

2.yes, a very few stuff becomes unavailable ti a char once he turns non-ladder, but if the items that r not available in non-ladder were already on the char before turning NL, it will still be able to use those items or buy/sell them with other non-ladder chars.

3. rushing is still possible in early ladder its hard to find people who would rush u since everybody wanna progress their own chars but after a couple of weeks of ladder u can easily find help with rush.

4. Shared stash is disabled on server but is compatible and allowed on sp. On mp u have to maintain seperate chars who u xfer ur items to in order to keep ur main char's stash empty.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi