Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Been playing this for past couple of weeks.
Couple of reasons why I played D3 again was because of new season 4 and patch 2.3
Last time I stopped just before season 1 start (i think mid year 2014), then i gave my friend to try the game.

IM ENJOYING IT A LOT!

There are many reasons, I will list it down here.
1. Game are now more streamlined. I dunno how to say it, but now it feel simpler to level up, doing full act bounties and farming rifts. Each method have its own pro / con.
2. Gearing up are much easier. Only way I gauged this is by comparing my new char with my old one. Based on greater rift level and player stats, I would say that overtook my old char with much little time taken. Last time it took 100 hours solo, stuck at torment 2, but now I did around 24 hours. 4x faster.
3. Season journey. While some pro player know exactly how to farm / gearing up to reach highest greater rift level, Im usually quit game once i feel the game a bit grindy. Usually when you feel that after you spend many hours, you dont get any progression. But with season journey (aka seasonal achievements), Im now have a target to aim for, making the game much "meaningful".
4. Drops and crafting. Now with ancient-gear, crafting also become more useful. I no longer need to craft rare because now I can create craft sets / legendary after I completed couple of bounties runs. Not to mention that new kanai cube have couple of crafting recipe that super useful and versatile.
5. Kanai cube. Powercreep is real, if you found any legendary with weak stats, but with powerful legendary affix (example, ring of royal grandeur), you can use kanai cube to extract it and permanently "equip" the bonus without need to wear it. You have 3 slots that you can use.

Probably I could list the details more here, but I really cant believe that I actually enjoyed grinding in d3.
Usually I stopped caring once I feel like I stucked at same level.

If I wanna recommend people to try d3, this is the best time.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
no thx :mrgreen:
Severn
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Tried the new season, still boring due to lack of variety.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Why do I have to pay for playing a boring game with no quality content when I can play/stream one with quality and everything else?

It's like buying a copy of red bull energy drink when I can have the real deal and for free!!
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
simpler

easier

classic shitzzard

pro player

wat
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I hope ur trolling, I was one of those baited by "Activision"-blizzard guys, bought that crap, now I am rly enjoying botting it(specially when ladder starts), hohoho yea botted 800 paragons on current season and still didnt got caught, the only fun you will have with this game is by not playing it. :D

/yawnablo
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I knew that I will get backlashed on this forum considered that you all are playing "hardcore" median fulltime.

Couple of reasons:
1. Im casual player now, I dont have thousand of hours to grinds. That is why in old median, I stopped playing usually around impossible uber. Because Im cant find enjoyment in doing fauzt or duncraig over and over again.

Current d3? have the best progress ration per hour (and yes it is easier)
This is why that one of probably only way for me to enjoy median again is by having decent drop again, I simply dont have time to grind for gears.
You all simply burned out and run out of things to do because already spent too much time on game.

2. Yes D3 offered less customization and build design and people already figured out the best-in-slots gear, but it didnt stop me from trying couple of build and gears setup to find playstyle that I enjoyed. I managed to complete 3 class sets here which I will try use them later in case I get bored of it.

3. The reason why I recommend is because it is now easier and reach the fun part of the game which is reaching level 70 and gearing up for harder and harder difficulty. For veteran player, it could be something boring / easy but if you can have good "enjoyment per hours" for how many dollars you spent for new player (compared to other game out there), why not?

tl;dr

Yes it is coolz to hate d3 if you already spent thousand of hours on it and found it is boring.
I didnt reach highest torment back then, I stopped playing for more than 12 months thus all this new patch and season is new and fun for me.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Although I have about 600-700 hours invested in D3...

I easily have 15,000-20,000 invested into Median.

Median>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D3.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HitZ wrote:I hope ur trolling, I was one of those baited by "Activision"-blizzard guys, bought that crap, now I am rly enjoying botting it(specially when ladder starts), hohoho yea botted 800 paragons on current season and still didnt got caught, the only fun you will have with this game is by not playing it. :D

/yawnablo

I know right! same here. My best times playing D3 were when I was actually not playing but botting. I remember finding like 5 cindercoats before finding an actual useful one. It felt good because I was so happy I didn't actually had to grind the boring content until I got one of those.

@iwansquall: if I want to play a casual game I'd probably pick plants vs zombies over this. D3 doesn't seem to offer much. No challenge, low replayability -- no trading? Is trading still not allowed in D3? When I think how trading is not possible in this game, I just think what a terrible game design led to this.

And it makes me think, how unexistant this game would be if it didn't have the blizzard trademark in it. Did you ever think about this? After all, most times, people don't seem to get others to play it with arguments based on how good the game is, but rather how "less shittier than before" it is.
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
D3 is in a great spot now and definitely a lot of fun. Most median players just bash it based on the vanilla version they played, which tbh sucked.

Macro saying there is no challenge when the difficulty litterally scales infinitely is an excellent example of this :P